Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Another Raider tie. Clark is tight with Pierce.

Ive read multiple times Daniels is a super nice guy, low ego, very coachable.

Ditto Maye. But Daniels’ mom is a different story 

Sorry as much as I loved Ryan as a player,  and even at the beginning of his broadcast career he is very agenda driven now.  I'll just leave it at that. It isn't that he's lying and I think JD is likely a nice guy but nice guys can still have character concerns compared to people who are less nice.

9 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

If durability wasnts an issue would you still be Maye>Daniels?

I would still favor Maye but I think both are elite prospects. I disagree with much of the criticism here about Daniels. Am very high on both players 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

Up until recently, if durability weren't a concern I would've been Daniels > Maye. If he were a solid 220 or even a stocky 215 and just as fast/elusive I would've preferred Daniels.

Now, I have some questions about off-field judgment and mettle in addition to the durability concerns.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Sorry as much as I loved Ryan as a player,  and even at the beginning of his broadcast career he is very agenda driven now.  I'll just leave it at that. It isn't that he's lying and I think JD is likely a nice guy but nice guys can still have character concerns compared to people who are less nice.

No way to know for sure about any of these guys. But Ive digested a lot about Daniels and the other QBs too. 

Daniels has gotten high praise from many. His mom though I see as a concern.  

But I dont really care at this point. 5 more days to go. 

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its gonna be painful watching Maye lead a Patriot or Giant renaissance after we pass on him for a 150 lb beanpole who can't make NFL throws.

It would be equally painful watching a 150lb. beanpole lead a Patriot or Giant renaissance if we took Maye. I want Maye but we’re in good hands brother. Whoever our now competent brain trust decides on, I’m all in!

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

New England is a dumpster fire and will be for awhile as it looks like Kraft is going to turn into a meddling owner now that BB is gone. 

That org needs way more than just a QB. 

Trust me. I know what a ****ty roster looks like, Ive been a washington fan for 45 years. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Even though the debate has a lot of angst, some anger, and is exhausting, etc as to #2.  While am tired of the rumors in one sense in another sense I recognize how dead the NFL season gets after the draft so am going to try to enjoy this week.  Even the rumors.  :ols:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its gonna be painful watching Maye lead a Patriot or Giant renaissance after we pass on him for a 150 lb beanpole who can't make NFL throws.

I’m not as aggressive in my criticisms of Daniels. It’s just hard for me to believe that anyone can watch Maye and believe that Daniels has more upside as a passer.

I think we are leaning Daniels because of his running ability, which just feels ominous to me. 

I don’t think they’d be crazy to draft Jayden. I just think they’d be crazy NOT to draft Maye. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I am a pessimist when it comes to this team so my prediction is they draft Daniels, he can't stay healthy, and Maye turns into Herbert. I am ready for it. Onto hockey playoffs.

Herbert is still fighting to have more wins than losses four years into his career. But as we know, those who fit the model of what QBs should be get a great amount of grace. 

1 hour ago, HoggLife said:

If Daniels was exactly the same as he is now but Mayes size he would probably be battling for 1st overall and not talking himself out of the top three. Same if Maye had his speed. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m trying to remember a time there was so much being said in the rumor mill.  My gut says the overwhelming majority of it is BS.  So many narratives being thrown at the wall, none of it sticks. 

I almost wonder how much of this is to get Daniels to drop. It’s a CONSPIRACY!!! 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Na if anything its to get him to go 2. Maye is the prize everyone else wants. 

Agree as to this thread he’s the prize

But judging by a zillion reports its mixed at best outside of here 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Even though the debate has a lot of angst, some anger, and is exhausting, etc as to #2.  While am tired of the rumors in one sense in another sense I recognize how dead the NFL season gets after the draft so am going to try to enjoy this week.  Even the rumors.  :ols:

Damn, I believe “rather confident” falls right between “quite confident” and “utterly confident”, so that’s a pretty serious report 

20 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Herbert is still fighting to have more wins than losses four years into his career. But as we know, those who fit the model of what QBs should be get a great amount of grace. 

Herbert has 17223 yards passing with 114 touchdowns and 42 interceptions in 4 years.

In the entirety of this franchises history we've never even sniffed that type of production over a 4 year period.

Wins and losses are not a quarterback stat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Conn said:

Damn, I believe “rather confident” falls right between “quite confident” and “utterly confident”, so that’s a pretty serious report 

That's ridiculous, everybody knows it goes rather, pretty, quite, very, extremely, utterly.  You people have completely lost your minds in here. Oh, and we're trading down and drafting Bo Nix. Bo's Blabberwockies unite!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If Daniels was exactly the same as he is now but Mayes size he would probably be battling for 1st overall and not talking himself out of the top three. Same if Maye had his speed. 

But what if Maye had Jaden's Mom?

He'd be Jaden Maye, packing large suitcases on 30min flights, dumped NC for Alabama, another 🏆 for Saban, Heisman, 0 skill at Top golf.

36 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Or if you watch a lot of football, it’s clear he’s elite and not the reason they’re losing the vast majority of the time (with the reasonable allowance for performance variance that every player should get—I’m not saying it’s “never” his fault in a way that a few arbitrary clips can prove). 

Not that Herbert’s specific successes and failings matter to Maye’s future anyways, people who compare them are simply talking about an archetype of player. Same as any comparison someone makes to Daniels (though I agree it’s difficult to find a proper comp for him). 

• Like 5