Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I get it. They like Maye so much they want to insure that they get him and three firsts isn’t too much for a player of that caliber. I think Chicago is going to let us have him at #2 though and if they don’t, taking Caleb Williams plus keeping those future first rounders wouldn’t be bad.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

No chance that is real

Yeah, I think somebody alerted me recently when I posted some other trade/draft post from that account, saying it's a known faker.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean the Giants can throw anyone at QB and beat us. Ffs they beat us with Tommy effing Devito. Who the Giants end up with is irrelevant to our team building process.

Well and good, it's a lovely reversal from 2011, when if they hadn't been able to do that (and maybe a lil more luc), we would've gotten Andrew Luck instead of RGIII. I don't give a ---- that they beat us last year, it was hugely helpful to us and harmful to them. Win, win. 

I will say I want them to draft the most likely bust, which for me where they're picking would be JJ followed by Daniels. 

9 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Yeah, I think somebody alerted me recently when I posted some other trade/draft post from that account, saying it's a known faker.

Completely legit site.

Their recent breaking news posts, have all been verified by history as true and accurate.

No parodies here, just straight news and information...

Ff

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Arizona is fun because they've got the capital and are not too far back to miss a QB, but there's no reason for them to go from #4 to #2 because they're likely to have their pick of WR regardless by just staying at #4.

Careful. I got yelled at for talking about the Cards trading. My thought was that if the Chargers were considered a risk to trade up they might try to pull off one of those short trades done so no one else can get your guy. Like  when the 9ers and Bears traded  one spot.

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I don't need to do nothing.

Which means you have to do something 🙂

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

That was a long time ago though. Times were different then IMHO.

But not necessarily worse. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Careful. I got yelled at for talking about the Cards trading. My thought was that if the Chargers were considered a risk to trade up they might try to pull off one of those short trades done so no one else can get your guy. Like  when the 9ers and Bears traded  one spot.

Then it becomes a convoluted web where every team wants to trade up because some other team might wanna trade up.

Realistically, Arizona has no reason to trade up. They know nobody is trading into the top 3 for Harrison because none of the 3 teams at the top are going to move down and lose out on a top notch QB prospect. They're going to sit pat and take Harrison. Its basically a lock he's going to Arizona. He even went up to Cardinals staffers and asked if he should work out at the pro day and they told him don't worry about it.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If those are the final days of top 30 vists, then we are not bringing in JJ for a looksee.

Its interesting because we're bringing Penix in.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Tuesday then…

IMG_1877.gif

Absolutely, have them fight hunger games style, it's a win win.

We get the one who's obviously the alpha and the giants and Vikings are up ****s creek.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Hopefully saving the best for last

Not directed at you but this twitter feed.

I got to create a fan site, call it something cool like formerscouttakes and then say i have sources and just guess the obvious and i am bound to be right majoring in the obvious.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got to create a fan site, call it something cool like formerscouttakes and then say i have sources and just guess the obvious and i am bound to be right majoring in the obvious.

No doubt, but there is something sneaky about that twitter. They reported Maye's Pats top 30 visit before anyone else too. I think they have some kind of connect with a UNC insider.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It is true though

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

With regards to what would constitute a draft season failure by GMAP, I have these thoughts.

1) If our 2nd and 3rd round picks are at the same level as Ron's picks and aren't earning playing time/starter roles, I will be disappointed with GMAP's picks.

1b) If we don't have a new LT starting by week 6, GMAP has royally screwed the pooch.  I am okay with Leno for the first few games.

Assuming we pick Jayden:  
2) If JD is injured for more than a couple games this year from normal NFL level contact and the same thing occurrs next year, I will consider his pick of JD a mistake, since JD's size and build are a known concern.

3) If JD after this season and several games into next season can't or won't throw into tight coverage, I will consider his pick of JD a mistake, since JD displayed these issues in college.

4) If JD after this season and several games into next season tends to drop his eyes and 
look to run when he is under pressure in the pocket, I will consider his pick of JD a mistake,  since JD displayed these issues in college.

Assuming we pick Drake:  
5) If Drake after this season and several games into next season has issues with his footwork and therefore misses or is inaccurate when throwing, I will be disappointed in Drake and the coaching staff.  If his footwork is causing sacks (drifting toward pressure) or interceptions because of the inaccuracies, I will begin leaning toward the pick being a mistake.  

For the QBs, I think either pick will need to be given more than a full season to adjust to the NFL.  Personally, I think JD has the harder path in making the adjustments.  To me, fixing footwork is an ongoing, repetitive type of improvement.  Even Tiger Woods worked on his swing every off season.  But fixing the issue with where your eyes go when under pressure is a very mental process and not as easily fixed, like flinching when someone throws a fake jab toward your face.  It is hard to stand still and not flinch.  Throwing into tight coverage is also a mental issue.  A QB needs to trust that he can make that type of throw or he will
hesitate.  Hesitation at the NFL level is obviously very bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

No doubt, but there is something sneaky about that twitter. They reported Maye's Pats top 30 visit before anyone else too. I think they have some kind of connect with a UNC insider.

The team picking 2 and 3 are weighing Maye, Daniels, McCarthy.  It would be beyond strange for them not to meet with all of them.

Making educated guesses based on what's out there and feels logical is easy.

For example:

"sources" tell me the Jets really have a go for the throat attitude for this season.  They don't know if Aaron Rodgers is going to play beyond this year so they decided lets surround him with even more weapons.  So they are heavily considering Odunze if he falls but they are also considering Bowers. Sources tell me they are torn between the two

"sources" tell me while the vikings signed Sam Darnold, it was just a one year deal for a reason, they don't see him as the long term fix. They are seriously considering trading up for a QB in this draft but there is a limit to how much they are willing to give up and are also considering Nix and Penix.  O'Connell though seems confident that he can bring the best out of Darnold hence the signing.

"sources" tell me the Commanders really want to fill their LT spot.  They have targets in the late first round which they would consider trading up for.  But some in the FO are fine with prospects in the 2nd round.  They will try to work this out internally over the next 2 weeks.

"sources" tell me the Giants want a #1 WR, but are also unsure about Daniel Jones is the future and are considering trading up for a QB.  Schoen and Daboll are on different pages on this and the owner might have to weigh in.

"sources" tell me the Falcons are zoned in on an edge rusher but are torn between Turner and Verse.  

So much of that stuff on the Internet and its not hard to get people going because its not hard to come up with something logical and something expected

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its interesting because we're bringing Penix in.

We just want to get one last look at Penix to get a good grip on him.

Unrelated: I believe Penix would be a top five pick if he had changed his last name to something cool like McQueen or Saracen.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

KdMbEe.gif.279b530604205c98e372d0147814fb3e.gif

Did... Did u just post that?

Have you been hacked?!

Probably by the same group that targeted Jayden’s mom. I should check my credit cards to see if I bought recruits plane tickets. 

• Haha 6