Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Grant Paulsen seems surprised at the return for Howell. Not me, he showed enough last year to these eyes and the tykes first game and win last year. I said I would take a 3rd for him and while we really only moved up a bunch of draft spots ~25x2 feel good with the return. I hope he lights it up in Seattle. I may be alone but am happy to see AP moving picks up in the draft.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• Koolblue13 changed the title to The Official QB Thread- No Howell, No Way. Howell traded to the Seahawks. Mariotta is QB1!
11 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Howell gets that kind of return and people think the bears can’t get anything for fields? They never had any intention of trading him

Oh I'm sure they can get something for him, just not what they were hoping for. And of course they wanted to trade him, and I think eventually they will. They don't want a QB controversy or locker room divide between him and Caleb.

2 hours ago, method man said:

Ask yourself this: given the types of players Peters has brought in so far, does Caleb fit from an attitude/mindset standpoint given what is known about him?

Kliff can answer that we do not know? just saying.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Oh I'm sure they can get something for him, just not what they were hoping for. And of course they wanted to trade him, and I think eventually they will. They don't want a QB controversy or locker room divide between him and Caleb.

I wait wait wait!!!! You don’t understand!!! They haven’t traded Fields because the Bears don’t know if Caleb will actually play for them yet, after literally 4 months of having the first overall pick and everybody knowing that’s what they’re going to do!  

So they’re hedging their bets and not trading fields.  Because they’re just waiting until every other team has filled its QB options and devaluing his value as much as they can because well, they can!

It’s a grand conspiracy!  Fields could have fetched 3 firsts but the bears don’t want to do it because Caleb is playing games with them.  

Don't you know?

• Haha 3

It was not a good way to find out that Howell got traded. I am standing on top off a tall ladder with a drill in my hand and the client is listening to country music on the radio and they did the breaking news on Howell on that station. I almost fell of the ladder :806:

Seattle wanted to draft Howell in the 3rd round but they had traded for Drew Lock. Now they got their guy still  and paid with a 3rd rounder, essiently, but with less money on the books.

For people here who thought his value was no more than Mac Jones really didn't watch or understand the upside of Howell being way more than Jones. His value to me was a 4th but a 3rd is really nice too.

Too bad he is gone. At least with the Seahawks he will have a real shot at the starting position (which their coach want to do that anyway. Someone else to compete for the starting role).

Wish him the best though.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh I know he's probably gone, just that I'd like to keep him.  But my main point was his value and some fans will be disappointed in the return.  

*some* is the operative word here hehe

Hoffman loves the value we got for Howell.

Thinks this increases the probability we use some of those picks to trade back up into the 1st round to get a quality rookie LT.

Also said this is a 90 player draft, then theres a significant dropoff. Having 6 picks in the top 100 gives us a load of highly coveted draft capital.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Howell gets that kind of return and people think the bears can’t get anything for fields? They never had any intention of trading him

Howell is super cheap for two years, younger, and is imo the better passer. If you think he has potential, and I suspect Seattle does, it makes sense to go get him and let him learn. 

the league might think Fields is a known quantity on a much more expensive expiring contract.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think we are going all in for Caleb. I havent ever posted this. Bit I think we are gonna do it. Peters adding more draft cap seems like it to me. 

What does that even mean? The Bears arent trading the pick.

• Confused 1