Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can’t. 

Wylie went out when Brissett came in, too, so that certainly helped Brissett. Oh, and we ran the ball on 3rd and 1 from under center.

Someone in the game day thread surmised that they were calling plays differently because they didn’t believe in Howell but believe in Brissett. 

Let’s say I buy that.

Why are we then throwing 50+ times with a guy they don’t believe in and only running 33% of the time?

None of it makes sense.

I saw Wylie hyperextended his elbow so he might be out next week too.

If they are going to leak to everyone how excited they are about Howell (they've done it with both local and national reporters) and included in that rap how he bounces back, doesn't get down and is tough as nails.

And THEN...

You basically bail off of that in meanginless games that mean nothing and throw it all out the window?  It shows how his conviction about anything is BS.  Ron is just a prisoner of the moment with no long term vision about squat.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So Rivera hinges his whole season on hey I found this franchise its QB.  And then benches him two weeks in a row and makes the case that the journeyman QB is the better QB.  Make it make sense from Rivera's point of view?

It’s truly insane to think about. I know he knows football but I’m not sure he’s all that smart. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I saw Wylie hyperextended his elbow so he might be out next week too.

If they are going to leak to everyone how excited they are about Howell (they've done it with both local and national reporters) and included in that rap how he bounces back, doesn't get down and is tough as nails.

And THEN...

You basically bail off of that in meanginless games that mean nothing and throw it all out the window?  It shows how his conviction about anything is BS.  Ron is just a prisoner of the moment with no long term vision about squat.

Its a whole bait and switch. I knew when they sent that press release from J Wright about having Howell to build around it was farce. You cant raise ticket prices and trot him out next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It’s like you said elsewhere I think. He’s just desperate to get a win for himself instead of going out on a massive losing streak and retiring with a losing record overall. Thank god we play good teams the next two weeks. I wish we would sit some people. 

Also, no way we don’t go QB in rd one.

I feel bad for Sam, but I think he’s done. 

Yep.  But its so short sighted from his point of view.  His season sucked.  He did an awful job.  His own selling point that he put out there was Howell.  Now, he basically gives up on that too and admits he accomplished nothing.

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

It’s truly insane to think about. I know he knows football but I’m not sure he’s all that smart. 

Agree.  He sucks.  Outside of Zorn and Spurrier he was IMO the worst coach in the Dan era.   And his last season is epically bad.  He's leaving in my book as a punchline.

As I said on the game day thread he was cooking up the perfect crap storm for this franchise in that game.  Let me both prove they Sam isn't the guy while also taking the team out of draft position to replace him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

Now we know EB is capable of running a offense with average talent (sarcasm) does he get a shot at HC? I think him changing the playcalling was a ploy to save his head coaching aspirations and career 

No to EB being HC, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So Rivera hinges his whole season on hey I found this franchise its QB.  And then benches him two weeks in a row and makes the case that the journeyman QB is the better QB.  Make it make sense from Rivera's point of view?

I think from Ron's POV, he's trying to give Howell rope, but Howell is throwing up on himself.  And now, it gets to the point in a game where Ron has pride that just wants to win.  I'd think it was weird if he benched him earlier in the season.  Now, he doesnt give a crap.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I said on the game day thread he was cooking up the perfect crap storm for this franchise in that game.  Let me both prove they Sam isn't the guy while also taking the team out of draft position to replace him.

This is exactly what was so ****ing infuriating when we took the lead. I’m going to be miffed if we win one in the last 2 weeks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

This is exactly what was so ****ing infuriating when we took the lead. I’m going to be miffed if we win one in the last 2 weeks.

There is no chance we beat the Niners

Cowboys if they rest guys then maybe but Im not sure this team beats backups at this point 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think from Ron's POV, he's trying to give Howell rope, but Howell is throwing up on himself.  And now, it gets to the point in a game where Ron has pride that just wants to win.  I'd think it was weird if he benched him earlier in the season.  Now, he doesnt give a crap.

I agree with those here who suggest that Ron isn't the deepest of thinkers.  But this one takes the cake.  It became a joke with the media corp following Ron this season that Ron's cop out answer to everything is yeah maybe this isn't right or that isn't going right.  But Sam Howell.  That's all that matters.  You suckers couldn't find a franchise QB forever.  but guess who did?  Me, Ron Rivera.  So my legacy is intact, etc.

Him throwing Howell out the window basically is him giving a white flag that he accomplished nothing in his 4 years here 

As to give Howell rope.  He benched him two weeks in a row and just said tonight will see if Sam starts next week.  in other words, it feels like the end for Howell.

I got serious doubts that Sam is the guy.  But if I already laid out the script the way Rivera did all season, I'd run out the script with Howell.   

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no chance we beat the Niners

Cowboys if they rest guys then maybe but Im not sure this team beats backups at this point 

I feel a bit dirty doing it but am rooting for Dallas right now to beat Miami.  I know it hurts our SOS more but I'd rather see Dallas playing for some stakes in that last game.

• Like 1

Ron didn't want to shake Sam's confidence.  So he found a better way to build him up.  Bench him two weeks in a row.  Show that Brissett could move the ball better two weeks in a row.  And cap if off by suggesting the starters job isn't Howell's anymore.   I bet Howell's confidence is sky high now. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron didn't want to shake Sam's confidence.  So he found a better way to build him up.  Bench him two weeks in a row.  Show that Brissett could move the ball better two weeks in a row.  And cap if off by suggesting the starters job isn't Howell's anymore.   I bet Howell's confidence is sky high now. 🤔

Massive issues with EB play calling and OL.  Regardless of Sam Howell.  But yes, Howell is damaged goods right now.  I believe that I have said this before, RR did a Ramsey 2.0 with Howell like Spurrier did with Ramsey himself.  A Dag gone shame!  

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Damn we’ve done a number on Howell this past month.

RR ultimately did with EB play calling and OL play too.  Big time! 

• Like 1

I've been one of Howell's biggest supporters all season. But today I have seen enough. I credit those who called it earlier. And it's not all the sacks or the ints. It's Howell inability to anticipate a route. Howell had some amazing games this year, but also the lowest of the lows.  

Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels will be our starting QB in 24. Better years are ahead.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Damn we’ve done a number on Howell this past month.

Brady wouldn't of made it we drafted him in the 6th round instead.

If we don't learn how to protect and develop our QB prospects, it doesn't matter where we pick in the draft.

Multiple regime's have failed to understand that despite it not being rocket science.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

lol.. well now apparently everyone sees what i was saying for the last 2 years.. that Ron is an idiot. The level of mismanagement of personnel, draft, talent and scheme over the last few years is borderline criminal. I wouldn't trust him to cut my lawn.

The ONE thing he is good at is LOOSING... and now he cant go back to Howell no matter what. which means we have a good shot of winning one of the next few games and knocking us out of the top 5 pick range for a real qb. He is the first person i know to fnck up loosing!

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Also, start Brissett with two good teams we are playing against and see how he fairs.  Let him start and see how he does.  Let him audition two full games. 

SF and Dallas could murder him and it jus be he came in late against two of the best defenses in the NFL.