Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Purdy is the same 

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He'll leave for similar reason I felt there was no way Hinickie would stay, we were trying too hard to find ways to keep him as a backup at best. 

Sam cant stay here and expect he'll really get a shot at starting in camp if we draft a QB. 

Any scenario where Howell beats him out isn't worth it.

TH contract ended. Howell still has 2 years left. There is a difference. If Howell beats out the shiny new QB only speaks volume of the evaluation of the new GM and Coach. 

Edited by zCommander

if Howell is actually this bad then we should still be drafting high in 2025 if we start him behind an improved offensive line.  I'm still in favor of building that

It's kind of amazing how many were desperate to keep TH around for extra time and how many want to move on from Howell immediately

• Like 3

Just now, MrJL said:

if Howell is actually this bad then we should still be drafting high in 2025 if we start him behind an improved offensive line.  I'm still in favor of building that

It's kind of amazing how many were desperate to keep TH around for extra time and how many want to move on from Howell immediately

TH won games

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

How many games did the D lose this year? How can you pin that on Howell?

I'm just saying in the NFL you can have all the stats in the world but in this league if you are the qb and your team ain't winning, then you won't be the qb for long. 

9 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

TH won games

some ,but not that many more.  In 2021 he won seven games so that's three extra, and in 2022 he was only one win and one tie better

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

A new regime isnt gonna rebuild around the previous regimes project who is already halfway thru his rookie deal. 

Its over for Howell. Bad luck being drafted to this franchise.

well, then I'm as down on the new regime as I was on the old one.  I don't like guys who just toss people

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I’m a Howell fan. And I still stick by all the things I’ve said and I also think the OL and more pressing EB and Rivera helped break him with their plans.

Now that I have that out of the way…

If you are a GM taking over this franchise… we are essentially an expansion team. If you are looking at Howell, and his performances the last few weeks… you’re not exactly thrilled if he’s the starting QB. In fact, you’re terrified. Remember, your job depends on the quarterback.

Six weeks ago I think the idea of moving forward with Howell made sense. I think the last few weeks there were arguments that he could still be the QB next year. But the last two solidified it… no GM will be comfortable with Howell. 

With improved play calls and an improved OL he’s probably decent at this point. But he’ll still have happy feet. So we’ll be good enough to pick out of the top 10 but probably not good enough to be a contender.

you can’t look at that and say, “sign me up for sure.”

Now, circumstances dictate situation. So there is a world where he could be our QB. I think it’s in a parallel world that we can’t access at this point, though. If we pick top 3 I think our GM is going QB.

The only other option is a trade. For who? No idea. I’d have to see who the GM is first. But trades are scary because you give up all of your team building assets for one player and usually a gigantic contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I'm just saying in the NFL you can have all the stats in the world but in this league if you are the qb and your team ain't winning, then you won't be the qb for long. 

Oh please a GM has to be a moron if all he does is evaluate people based on who many games that person has won for the team. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Because we should be considering trading everyone that isn't nailed to the floor right now...

But Howell still has 2 years left on his contract. There is no way you can say he is not even worthy of a cheap backup. That would be stupid to let him go. 

54 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Purdy is the same 

TH contract ended. Howell still has 2 years left. There is a difference. If Howell beats out the shiny new QB only speaks volume of the evaluation of the new GM and Coach. 

Ain't nobody in the mood for a QB controversy involving our top pick QB...

I'm not interested in any pieces insinuating Howell getting his job back otherwise we shouldn't of drafted his replacement. 

You can't keep bring folks in to replace a QB and develop them...Howell will leave on his own if we don't trade him because of it.

It'll take more then two year to fix this roster, he deserves a chance to try to start somewhere else, but it won't be here. 

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

But Howell still has 2 years left on his contract. There is no way you can say he is not even worthy of a cheap backup. That would be stupid to let him go. 

It's respectfully and pragmatic if he helps us move up for someone we want in the draft. 

We are more then a backup QB away from being relevant.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ain't nobody in the mood for a QB controversy involving our top pick QB...

I'm not interested in any pieces insinuating Howell getting his job back otherwise we shouldn't of drafted his replacement. 

You can't keep bring folks in to replace a QB and develop them...Howell will leave on his own if we don't trade him because of it.

It'll take more then two year to fix this roster, he deserves a chance to try to start somewhere else, but it won't be here. 

It's respectfully and pragmatic if he helps us move up for someone we want in the draft. 

We are more then a backup QB away from being relevant.

Hopefully the new GM understand that you have to build a team around the QB and not the way around. See Purdy for example or even Josh Allen. Allen wasn't Allen until the Bills built a playoff team around him and it took them 3 years. We still have some good players and don't need a total rebuild. Not sure why people keep on saying that or even thinking that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, zCommander said:

Hopefully the new GM understand that you have to build a team around the QB and not the way around. See Purdy for example or even Josh Allen. Allen wasn't Allen until the Bills built a playoff team around him and it took them 3 years. We still have some good players and don't need a total rebuild. Not sure why people keep on saying that or even thinking that. 

How many good players do you think we have under contract?

McLaurin

Robinson

Allen (though he’s been largely absent this year)

Payne

Who else?

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

How many good players do you think we have under contract?

McLaurin

Robinson

Allen (though he’s been largely absent this year)

Payne

Who else?

You can add Dotson to that list but you don't need all superstars either. Not every team has superstars in each positions. Just need a few and the others have to work well with them. Coaching is they key as well as you are well aware of. I am not a coach but managed a lot of people in my life to know what works and what doesn't. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, zCommander said:

You can add Dotson to that list but you don't need all superstars either. Not every team has superstars in each positions. Just need a few and the others have to work well with them. Coaching is they key as well you are well aware of. I am not a coach but managed a lot of people in my life to know what works and what doesn't. 

None of the guys I named are superstars, though.

• Like 1