Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

I am putting most of the blame on Howell because this was a playoff team last year with Heinicke.  The offensive line was no good last year, yet Heinicke still had a 5 - 3 - 1 record.  

If Heinicke was still here, the Commodes win the Bears game and the Giants game and they would be at least 5 - 3 right now. Heinicke NEVER lost to bad teams like the 0 - 4 Bears and the 1 - 6 Giants.

Oh. A Redacted fan. That explains it.

Thats okay. You like a different quarterback. But our OL was better last year, for what it’s worth. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Oh. A Redacted fan. That explains it.

Thats okay. You like a different quarterback. But our OL was better last year, for what it’s worth. 

Pro Football Focus ranks the current offensive line as #8 in pass protection.  Most of the sacks are Howell's fault.

This team would definitely be better than 3 - 5 right now if Heinicke was still QB.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

Are you implying that Howell is a potential top 10 QB?  Because I definitely don't see it.

Any QB that has freaking 25 yards passing in the first half against the 1 - 6 Giants does not have a future as a starting QB in the NFL.

If you can’t see the potential in Sam Howell I have no idea what you are watching. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

Pro Football Focus ranks the current offensive line as #8 in pass protection.  Most of the sacks are Howell's fault.

This team would definitely be better than 3 - 5 right now if Heinicke was still QB.

I don't think that is entirely fair. 

Play-calling quicker passes with shorter routes, and subbing Gates and Charles out proved key. I think Stromberg takes over LG as the better player, but Gates stays on the bench. 

Watching the games, we'll say 80% of the sacks I put mostly on the line.

5 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

Yes. PFF’s line rankings are not good. I’m glad you’re happy with the OL.

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If you can’t see the potential in Sam Howell I have no idea what you are watching. 

I'm watching a 25 yards passing first half against the sorry 1 - 6 Giants.  

I'm watching a less than 50 yards passing first half against the sorry 0 - 4 Bears.

I'm watching a QB who is going to shatter the NFL record for most sacks in a season.

That's what I'm watching.  

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. PFF’s line rankings are not good. I’m glad you’re happy with the OL.

I'm definitely happier with the OL than I am with Howell.

Edited by The Team Formerly Known As WFT
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Because in the post I quoted you said “and it’s really top 4 IMO”.

The post you quoted also said:

"I  also can't say it is a mistake to keep a guy in that 5-10 range.  That sort of guy pretty much guarantees you are going to have a good chance at winning a lot of games and making the playoffs, even if it means you end up with a low chance at a Super Bowl."

Low chance not equal to none.

And you also ignored the part below that about winning with somebody cheap.

Maybe try reading the whole post in the future and not just the parathentical comments.

3 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The post you quoted also said:

"I  also can't say it is a mistake to keep a guy in that 5-10 range.  That sort of guy pretty much guarantees you are going to have a good chance at winning a lot of games and making the playoffs, even if it means you end up with a low chance at a Super Bowl."

Low chance not equal to none.

And you also ignored the part below that about winning with somebody cheap.

Maybe try reading the whole post in the future and not just the parathentical comments.

I read the whole post. You balanced by saying there was a low chance for sure - but again to quote you “IMO you really need top 4”. 

That’s your opinion after balancing the argument. I disagree with that opinion. No one has died - we just come out on different sides of a debate which has no absolute right or wrong answer. 

And save the passive aggressive last sentence - it’s not needed.

9 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

I'm watching a 25 yards passing first half against the sorry 1 - 6 Giants.  

I'm watching a less than 50 yards passing first half against the sorry 0 - 4 Bears.

I'm watching a QB who is going to shatter the NFL record for most sacks in a season.

That's what I'm watching.  

You must have had your eyes closed in both Eagles games. Or for most of the Broncos game. 

It is what it is - opinions are allowed to vary but I just can’t see how anyone can look at Sams overall body of work this season and not see potential for a top 10 type QB. Not a guarantee - but potential.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

I am putting most of the blame on Howell because this was a playoff team last year with Heinicke.  The offensive line was no good last year, yet Heinicke still had a 5 - 3 - 1 record.  

If Heinicke was still here, the Commodes win the Bears game and the Giants game and they would be at least 5 - 3 right now. Heinicke NEVER lost to bad teams like the 0 - 4 Bears and the 1 - 6 Giants.

You joined an hour ago to make this gem, under a screen game that reads like a troll on itself, for some dumbass reason.

You're either a dupe acct, previously banned for some similar bs, or a troll, or just a late-arriving total idiot football-wise with additional issues. We're going to help you find a home somewhere else on the interwebs.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

There is not one thing that Howell does better than Heinicke.  NOTHING.

Heinicki can throw the ball about 6 yards while Howell can throw it 86 yards. Heineke on his very best day is a average back up. Howell last game is better then Taylor's whole career. 

39 minutes ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

There is not one thing that Howell does better than Heinicke.  NOTHING.

Hmmmm ....🤔 Been a member for a "minute" and 7 straight negative posts

Methinks I smell something 

Fart Troll GIF by Storyful

:229:The Rook

• Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Team Formerly Known As WFT said:

I was trying to get a feel for where in the world this guy is coming from, then I saw this post and...

well-there-it-is.gif

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 4

The sad reality is even if we get a new QB the same folks are going to have the same kind of viewpoints. Shadeur Sanders has been sacked 42 times. No one is blaming him. All the blame is squarely on their OL (as most of it should be).

Caleb Williams, as good as he is, has a bit of a holier than thou attitude and is going to rub some folks the wrong way. 

Drake Maye hasn’t produced the same this year.

I like all three guys in varying degrees…

Add Penix, who people will say is injury prone and the other shoe will drop. Or Bo Nix who people will say collects AARP and gets senior citizen discounts.

Howell may not be the answer. I’m not even trying to argue that he is. But he has potential to be. He has to improve a few aspects of his game to really get to the next level, but I think it’s clear he has it in him. 

We’ll see. But let’s not turn on him for the sake of it, please. We’ll just be finding reasons to hate the new guy at this point next year.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The sad reality is even if we get a new QB the same folks are going to have the same kind of viewpoints. Shadeur Sanders has been sacked 42 times. No one is blaming him. All the blame is squarely on their OL (as most of it should be).

Caleb Williams, as good as he is, has a bit of a holier than thou attitude and is going to rub some folks the wrong way. 

Drake Maye hasn’t produced the same this year.

I like all three guys in varying degrees…

Add Penix, who people will say is injury prone and the other shoe will drop. Or Bo Nix who people will say collects AARP and gets senior citizen discounts.

Howell may not be the answer. I’m not even trying to argue that he is. But he has potential to be. He has to improve a few aspects of his game to really get to the next level, but I think it’s clear he has it in him. 

We’ll see. But let’s not turn on him for the sake of it, please. We’ll just be finding reasons to hate the new guy at this point next year.

I think our fanbase has QB PTSD. Also a lot of people just enjoy being argumentative for some unknown reason. Sam has all of the tools to be a very good ( potentially great ) NFL quarterback.

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, philibusters said:

I think you are selling Dak short.  I think Dak is a very good system QB.  You put him in structure and he can operate at a high level.  That said if you put him bad situations where the O-Line is blocking poorly he has poor receivers he struggles because making plays outside of structure are not his strong suit.   In a sense I think he is similar to Cousins.

Dak’s line is above average to great, and he has legitimate weapons, and a true #1 WR in CeeDee Lamb.  For Dak, there’s no excuse for him to not get to NFC Championship Games.  Dak as an underdog in games over his career is 7-12.  As the favorite he’s well over .500. That tells me that he can beat bad teams like the Rams, Jets, Giants (and us) like a drum with regularity, but when he has to play stiffer competition, or teams better than the Cowboys, he turns back into a pumpkin.  He never has good games when it really counts, like against the 49ers, or against the upper echelon teams in the NFC over the years, like the Packers.  

He’s been compared to Kirk Cousins for years, but I’ll take Kirk 10 times out of 10, because he knows to get the ball to his weapons in important games and in the playoffs, and Kirk can carry teams on his back if they need to be helped.

The Cowboys have won 12 games in each of the last two years, and both times their season has come to an embarrassing end at the hands of San Francisco.  Both playoff losses to San Francisco can be attributed to Dak.  He fails to live up to the challenge each and every time.  There’s no doubt in my mind that they’ll be a wild card team, and lose to San Francisco or Philadelphia if/when they play those teams in the playoffs.  Hell, I’d put  money in Detroit beating them in the playoffs if they played against them.

Edited by samy316

I think people in general don’t watch these other QBs play. I watch TLawrence make terrible decisions/throws. I watch Herbert do idiotic things every week. I watched Mahomes make mistakes and play awful in Denver.

I think people might confuse great QB play with “mistake free” QB play. One of those does not exist. 

Sam has played well this year. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think people in general don’t watch these other QBs play. I watch TLawrence make terrible decisions/throws. I watch Herbert do idiotic things every week. I watched Mahomes make mistakes and play awful in Denver.

I think people might confuse great QB play with “mistake free” QB play. One of those does not exist. 

Sam has played well this year. 

Agreed. I have Keenan Allen on my fantasy team and there have been several times that he is wide open and Herbert has a bad pass. Smh.

Last game was a glimpse of what they could be. Need Terry to make those catches. 

The O needs Terry + Logan + Jahan to be carving it up. Huge step in the right direction last week. Some are sleeping on Logan - he has looked really good. 

These receivers are good enough to be hitting 7+ catches and 100+ yards every game.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1