Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I am just worried that Turner may not be the right guy for Howell. I don't doubt Howell but I do doubt Turner's system and his inability to gameplan. I know how the offense looked under Heinicke and how Wentz moved the ball Sunday with long running drives, but I want to see Howell air it out. Not necessarily all deep balls, but I want him to connect and show that he can move the offense on his own to give me some hope going into next year. 

I still want Wentz gone and probably Heinicke gone and I'd be looking at the QBs like Mills / Wilson / Mullins / Huntley / Love / White to potentially bring in as backups if they're released. 

But this is all for naught cause I don't want Turner back here next year so whoever we get to replace him (some young innovative guy) will probably have his own guy who knows the system. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Start Howell  Lets see what hes got. Hes a pro now. Hes on the roster and if starting him against Dallas this week is gonna ruin him? which i find laughable...then he shouldnt be here. And , if it does shake him so much that he'll never be the same...again which I find laughable, then better we know now.  I think hes gonna ball out!  

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I am just worried that Turner may not be the right guy for Howell. I don't doubt Howell but I do doubt Turner's system and his inability to gameplan.

If his name was Scott Thomas, he wouldn't be our OC. This isn't about merit, and I'm so sick of this 3-year display of utter incompetence. What was the rationale for his extension? I don't do Twitter. Can one of you guys pose that question to the local scribes? Nobody in the league understands that dumb ass move.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Me to Ron Rivera before his press conference about starting Sam Howell.  Ya'll don't know about me.

sam-kinison.gif

Yesterday wouldn't have been fast enough.

What movie is this from? This guy either is the ghost of Sam kennison; or I am trying to match a memory of this clip to my brain from the dejavu I just got….

6 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

What movie is this from? This guy either is the ghost of Sam kennison; or I am trying to match a memory of this clip to my brain from the dejavu I just got….

Well, it is Sam Kinison.  The movie is Back to School.  It's got Rodney Dangerfield in it.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

If his name was Scott Thomas, he wouldn't be our OC. This isn't about merit, and I'm so sick of this 3-year display of utter incompetence. What was the rationale for his extension? I don't do Twitter. Can one of you guys pose that question to the local scribes? Nobody in the league understands that dumb ass move.

I mean, I wanted to give him a chance because nepotism is just a part of this league. I don't think Jay Gruden would have gotten a job (especially not a HC job) so quickly if not for his brother. But Jay is a better OC than Turner. Jay wished Cousins would do certain things, but was able to adjust enough to make it work with him. Even if he wanted Colt, he adjusted and went with Cousins. Turner just seems to be unable to adjust to QBs and call plays that are higher percentage, or have guys running open like Jay did. 

The thing I want to go along with a new QB (Howell) is a nice young OC to go along with that. Look at what McDaniel is doing for Tua or what Pederson is doing for Lawrence. Heck, I wouldn't be against Reigh because we saw what he could do as a coach and its not like its horrible. He just had the problem we had in that he couldn't get a QB. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Alright, so say Sam Howell balls out on Sunday.  I mean, like, 30/36, 475 yards, 5 tuddys, no pickles, a win.  Just setting expectations, you know.

Does that influence what you'd want to see them do in the offseason in regards to bringing in a washed up retread like Derek Carr?  Or do you want to see them draft someone and have him and Howell battle it out?

I'm excited to see Howell play. He looked promising in the pre-season.

Now its against a really good opponent in a regular season game. How he handles it with Dallas playing for better seeding should be a good test for a rook.

I don't think it's necessarily throwing him into the fire, he's been learning and practicing for the entirety of the season. Should have a good grasp of the offense/playbook at this point. I really hope he turns into a decent QB, so we can focus on other positions early in the draft.

1 hour ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I guess I get letting guys rest in a meaningless game but then I think of '96 after we blew a 7-1 start to the season and ending the year 9-7 and in the finale vs Dallas, who had nothing to play for and rested many starters heading into the playoffs, we rolled out with all our starters in a meaningless finale as it was the last in RFK and played some of the most inspired ball we wish we could have seen during the losing streak that cost them the playoffs in a 37-10 rout. I believe Terry Allen ran for like 3 tds that day.

Missed this game as I had to work. Caught a few minutes of it briefly when I was delivering a Christmas present to a buddy tho. 

20 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I am just worried that Turner may not be the right guy for Howell. I don't doubt Howell but I do doubt Turner's system and his inability to gameplan. I know how the offense looked under Heinicke and how Wentz moved the ball Sunday with long running drives, but I want to see Howell air it out. Not necessarily all deep balls, but I want him to connect and show that he can move the offense on his own to give me some hope going into next year. 

I still want Wentz gone and probably Heinicke gone and I'd be looking at the QBs like Mills / Wilson / Mullins / Huntley / Love / White to potentially bring in as backups if they're released. 

But this is all for naught cause I don't want Turner back here next year so whoever we get to replace him (some young innovative guy) will probably have his own guy who knows the system. 

I agree with you.

Ultimately (ultimately); the run can only be sustainable when we can play effective pass pro.  

Turner has not shown the ability to scheme or call a pass pro set for a game out side of the 2 minutes offense and I can't/won't blame TH4 or CW.  Any base offensive coordinator should construct balance schemes design for the personal on hand.    The Turner/Ron offense has simply missed the mark here.

I also hope they let Howell air things out.  

Frankly, I don't want B-Rob to suite up.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Howells gonna get Tuddy to shake dat ass

👀

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Alright, so say Sam Howell balls out on Sunday.  I mean, like, 30/36, 475 yards, 5 tuddys, no pickles, a win.  Just setting expectations, you know.

Does that influence what you'd want to see them do in the offseason in regards to bringing in a washed up retread like Derek Carr?  Or do you want to see them draft someone and have him and Howell battle it out?

Even if he doesn't put up those kind of numbers I'd still prefer the latter. As long as Howell doesn't **** his pants and throw up all over himself Sunday. 🤣

If Scott Turner is still the OC Howell, Heinicke, and a draft pick would be my preference for next season. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2