Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

32 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I remember thinking a similar thing about RGIII (and some other qbs at times).  Taking away a qb’s time to really think about a play can be helpful at times.

Jason Campbell also did better when 2 mins left in the game and running the 2 min offense. 

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wilson is good QB having a bad year. If he were available at a modest price he would be an upgrade at QB, baker mayfield only have one “good” year. Not interested.

Wilson won't be available for a looong time. Denver is saddled with him and his $242 million contract at least through 2025 due to a massive dead cap hit. I'm guessing he'll get better, but at the moment it's looking like an absolute bust of a trade.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

At this point Anthony Richardson who just declared is the only QB who’s realistically available and who id be good with next year. 

They’d probably have to pair him with a vet, right?  He shouldn’t be considered a day 1 starter, no?

He’s intriguing, but needs a lot of work.

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

“Clutch situations” (such a loaded term) often require players to excel in low percentage situations overall and most, even what consider all time greats are closer to average than what we believe. Often times the clutch situation puts the QB in position of being the OC, managing chaos, and clinging to improvisation. For Heineke these clutch situations align with his football truths/inclinations (from what I’ve read and highlights watched in college), so a large part of him succeeding in these moments are directly related tangible skill. 

Plenty of players in all sports are known to play better than their norm or worse than their norm in big moments in big games.  Sports psychologists who get paid big bucks say this isn't some random coincidence.

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

He strikes me as more fiery competitor than cool, calm and collected on the field. 

On the field we can all see he's fiery.  Off the field which I was referring to he seems super chill and laid back.  In big moments with the ball in his hand, I am guessing he relaxes his nerves versus amping them up but no way to know.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Wentz is anti-clutch.  He melts the second he feels the pressure.  When he faced the team (eagles) that dumped him and the QB (Hurts) who replaced him, you would think he had spent all the time to prepare THE GAME since he knows them so well.  No, he had no clue and played the worst game in  his career.  I want no part of him after the game.  He is done in Washington and possibly in the NFL as well.

Edited by Wafers
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wilson is good QB having a bad year. If he were available at a modest price he would be an upgrade at QB, baker mayfield only have one “good” year. Not interested.

I wouldn’t want Wilson either. When teams part with hall of fame caliber QB’s past their primes, buyer beware. With that being said, if Lamar somehow becomes available, Washington should definitely be in the mix. 

56 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

At this point Anthony Richardson who just declared is the only QB who’s realistically available and who id be good with next year. 

I'd love him but I am guessing he doesn't escape the top 10. Mocks have him deeper in the draft but often guys like him rise -- exception being last years draft where the Qbs dropped lower than expected.   He's a more freakish talent than Willis IMO. 

• Like 2

Richarson is raw.  But if Rivera wants Cam round 2,  this dude physically fits that mold.  Big like Cam and faster than him.   If I am betting on a QB in the mid first range, I'd want someone with tools -- I am OK with a boom-bust roll of the dice.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I wouldn’t want Wilson either. When teams part with hall of fame caliber QB’s past their primes, buyer beware. With that being said, if Lamar somehow becomes available, Washington should definitely be in the mix. 

Thinking Matt Ryan will be available this off season........I jest.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Richarson is raw.  But if Rivera wants Cam round 2,  this dude physically fits that mold.  Big like Cam and faster than him.   If I am betting on a QB in the mid first range, I'd want someone with tools -- I am OK with a boom-bust roll of the dice.  

Talent is high, but the stats look nothing like Cam Newton. Newton led a middling Auburn to a trophy, Richardson's team was middling. The year after Newton left, Auburn was back to middling so he clearly elevated that program. No dispute on Richardson having talent, but he's not a prospect on the same tier as Newton.

Newton 66% completion rate, 30 passing TD's, 1473 rushing yards, 20 rushing TD's.

Auburn's record: 14-0, 6 more wins than previous season

Richardson 53% completion rate, 17 passing TD's, 654 rushing yards, 9 rushing TD's.

Florida's record: 6-6, 0 more wins than previous season

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wafers said:

Wentz is anti-clutch.  He melts the second he feels the pressure.  When he faced the team (eagles) that dumped him and the QB (Hurts) who replaced him, you would think he had spent all the time to prepare THE GAME since he knows them so well.  No, he had no clue and played the worst game in  his career.  I want no part of him after the game.  He is done in Washington and possibly in the NFL as well.

Totally agree. I'll admit he's been taking the benching well with no gripes and all, but I don't want him in for the reason of the 2nd pick. Right now he hasn't hit 70% and it should stay that way. He won't help us win any more games the rest of the season than TH will so hang on to the 2nd. And please, empty the $28M and tell him thanks and good luck.

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd love him but I am guessing he doesn't escape the top 10. Mocks have him deeper in the draft but often guys like him rise -- exception being last years draft where the Qbs dropped lower than expected.   He's a more freakish talent than Willis IMO. 

Yeah they would have to move into the 8-10 range 

11 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Kinda like Sam Howell?

Except Richardson is a higher ceiling in every way. 

6 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Talent is high, but the stats look nothing like Cam Newton. Newton led a middling Auburn to a trophy, Richardson's team was middling. The year after Newton left, Auburn was back to middling so he clearly elevated that program. No dispute on Richardson having talent, but he's not a prospect on the same tier as Newton.

Newton 66% completion rate, 30 passing TD's, 1473 rushing yards, 20 rushing TD's.

Auburn's record: 14-0, 6 more wins than previous season

Richardson 53% completion rate, 17 passing TD's, 654 rushing yards, 9 rushing TD's.

Florida's record: 6-6, 0 more wins than previous season

I know.  That's why Richardson may fall to our pick and Cam went #1 in his draft.  I meant my point just as I said it -- if i am going mid first or later, I am betting on tools everything being equal.  His tools are special enough that he may end up going top 10 -- depends on the pre-draft process for him, will see.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

Wilson won't be available for a looong time. Denver is saddled with him and his $242 million contract at least through 2025 due to a massive dead cap hit. I'm guessing he'll get better, but at the moment it's looking like an absolute bust of a trade.

Yea, I know, it was more of a hypothetical.

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Could you imagine if the teams had switched QBs yesterday? That game isn't close and our secondary would have feasted in the second half of that game. Wow did Heini launch some turkeys.

Jay went over that just now on 106.7, he's not in love with Daniel Jones but thinks he's clearly better than Heinicke. 

• Like 1