Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Exactly Mistertim, Jimmy G is a game manager who is unable to affect the game (positively anyway) if he has to go win a game. I can't bear the thought of him here. He is literally an accident waiting to happen.

I'm not basing that on one game but I thought it interesting that the commentators were saying all game against Dallas that he was going to **** up at some point and then he throws that interception. He's a brain fart.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Personally I’d go with the rookie option with Taylor Heinicke as the stop gap again, and no I’m not a Heinicke enthusiast.  But he knows the system and I think / hope / pray he’s better with another offseason under his belt. 

Unless he can figure out how to get 30% more arm strength, we've seen his ceiling.  He can't make the throws necessary to be a starting NFL QB.  He can't even be the stop-gap.  That's not his fault, it's just reality. 

If you watched any of the NFL games this weekend, TH can't make about 30-40% of the throws which were attempted.  He can't drive the ball from the center of the field to the outside.  He can't drive the ball into tight windows in the middle of the field. What it does is shrinks the field both horizontally and vertically. That limits what you can do, but also limits what the defense ahs to defend.  It puts an over-reliance on the run game, which is harder because the defense is compressed to begin with.

Arm strength is a tricky thing.  There are some that truly overrate it.  And fall in love with QBs with big arms.  That's not me.  You can be massively successful with an average NFL arm.  

But TH doesn't have an average NFL arm.  He probably has the weakest arm of any QB who took more than10 snaps this year.  And by quite a bit. 

It puts such a limiter on the offense, it's just not fair to anybody else.  

Could he get better?  Yes.  Would it really matter?  No.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Well it depends on what they mean by Dan being involved. When a team is about to invest heavily in a player, it makes sense for the owner to have to approve, I mean hes gonna be here long after anyone else if it falls apart. But if he's actually like scouting draft prospects himself, yeah that would be a disaster obviously.

Say what you will about Dan though, but from day one he's understood how important it is to have a GUY at QB and he's always tried to get one. Just hasn't really ever picked the right guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think Jimmy G is better than what we have, but that's like saying a stale turkey sandwich is better than a roast beef sandwich with mold on it. It's certainly more edible, but still far from good.

I think Jimmy G is a recipe for perhaps adding a couple more wins. So basically we go from a crappy team to a slightly less crappy team and that's probably about the extent of it. He's not a guy who will ever elevate a team. He's only as good as the supporting cast around him.

He's the ultimate ho-hum game manager and unless we suddenly field a superior supporting cast and an elite defense next year, there's probably no chance whatsoever that we'll go far.

I don't disagree with that. 

BUT, if they can't get Rodgers/Wilson/Watson, they have to get SOMEBODY better than they have.

Now, please do keep in mind Jimmy G. has gotten a team to the SB, and was playing well until he had a horrendous throw and a brain fart against Dallas, but they still won.  

So you CAN win, and win in the playoffs, with him.  You have to have a good team, but it's possible.  

Vs. with TH, where it just isn't possible.  

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I read this as BMitch's opinion more than him reporting anything.  

You could be right.  But they are launching a new brand in two weeks.  Snyder at his core is a Marketer.  I would be surprised if he wasn’t involved for business reasons alone.  It would be out of character. 

Garopolo is a good QB. Not really a needle mover in any way, but he is better than we have for sure. The question is how much better and is it enough of an upgrade to warrant the investment(both financially and draft pick wise).

If we were to sign Garopolo as a FA I'd still draft someone at 11.

BMitch learned everything he knows about being a media personality from Doc Walker.  You gotta love the both of them, but much of what they have to say is cliche, in one ear and out the other type stuff.

That said, it's not a stretch to believe both Dan and Jason believe it's imperative to launch this new brand with a legitimate NFL quarterback.  

Just imagine, Taylor Heineke warming up on the sideline with that putrid W hat from the branding thread on his head, ready to trot out as starter week 1.  Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

To defend the current decision makers, it wasn’t their plan to go into the season with heinicke… they knew we needed a qb, they got fitz, which just about everyone applauded, but obviously we can’t have nice things…

we needed a qb last year and we need one again this year. I wish Watson was a possibility but I imagine the FO is well aware of what a PR nightmare it’d be for this franchise to marry up with him.

russ would be excellent but unless we way overpay, I don’t see us in the running. We weren’t on his list of teams for which he’d waive his no-trade clause.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Per JP's tweet, Dan Snyder getting involved with the QB search again is not surprising. I don't know why I continue to believe the drivel that Dan has "learned" and that he's "taking a step back"

Total nonsense. What a mess and a disaster of an organization. 

If Snyder get involved we will over pay for big name. He want this rebranding to go well.

At what point do the packers refuse to say no to a Rodgers trade. If Snyder give up 5 first round picks. 

I would not do it but I think he would.

Edited by Redskins 2021

I don’t think Dan has the patience this time for a rookie qb. I doubt any of these prospects are the splash he wants to make. So that would pretty much leave Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson. I don’t think it’ll be Watson bc of the obvious stuff and I don’t think it will be Rodgers bc we’re not that lucky. That leaves Wilson as the most probable qb Dan will try to get and he will pay whatever it takes. If it happens it will be the biggest trade in nfl history guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, Jds0912 said:

I don’t think Dan has the patience this time for a rookie qb. I doubt any of these prospects are the splash he wants to make. So that would pretty much leave Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson. I don’t think it’ll be Watson bc of the obvious stuff and I don’t think it will be Rodgers bc we’re not that lucky. That leaves Wilson as the most probable qb Dan will try to get and he will pay whatever it takes. If it happens it will be the biggest trade in nfl history guaranteed. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

Yeah, no.

41 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Honestly, maybe Dan being involved is a good thing. I hate the man and what he's done to our team, but back in the day he would get the guy we wanted... if his job is soley to get the dude that RR wants, I'm all in. 

This team is boring, make some noise for a QB, its our only hope. 

I hate to say it and this is the opposite of the Process>Results that I tout but in this one specific circumstance you may be right, because Rivera seems a bit conservative so far in his attempts to pay for a QB. Just in terms of “my money’s at your disposal, my plane’s  at your disposal, go nuts”.

Of course if it’s ANYTHING other than going balls to the wall for the specific guys that Rivera himself 100% wants and targets and that’s it, then it’s a disaster and will end in ruin. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

1 minute ago, Jds0912 said:

I think it's Rodgers and it will make the Herschel walker trade look like a walk in the park.