Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is like me saying “I shop” when I drive my wife to the mall and I wait outside.  I didn’t shop, I took my wife shopping.  🤣

He is the only QB to play at least  the equivalent of an entire season and have a winning record in the Dan Snyder era. You can discount that all you want but it’s a rare feat. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I would roll with TH4 next year for sure.  It’s a lame duck year with the new owner not being approved until the March meetings best case scenario. Put TH4 on a reasonable extension and pay the young defensive core. Howell should only see the field if TH is hurt. You don’t bench a 10-4 starter. You guys are insane. You were wrong about Heinicke. He wins. Apparently you prefer losing .

Yes you do.  And then you don’t resign him. Because he is terrible and he’s wasting half your roster.

Don’t confuse causation with correlation. The team is not winning because of TH.  They are basically winning in spite of him.

Imagine of a QB who wasn’t bad 90% of the time was the QB?  The team would be REALLY good.

TH can’t be anything more than he is, which is 90% bad.

He needs to be off the roster so somebody else can overpay him to be a bad QB elsewhere.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You don’t bench a 10-4 starter. You guys are insane. 

He is 12-9 as a starter. 

Won 7 games last year and add 5 games this year that is 12. Lost 8 games last year and 1 this year that is 9. 

BTW, I have fought many battles on Taylor's behalf. I even got kicked out of this thread at one point because of it. At least I am still willing to acknowledge we still need to upgrade the position after this year. This year was the only year I wanted Taylor to start over the other QBs that were available during the offseason. And was not happy about the Wentz trade.

Now you are all caught up. ;)

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He needs to be off the roster so somebody else can overpay him to be a bad QB elsewhere.  

IF all of the coaches are coming back next year than you keep Taylor as the backup though. We know he can come in and win you some games despite all the flaws. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, redskinss said:

If our kicker was 3 of his last 12 would you make this same argument?

If the kicker touched the ball on every offensive play then yes. TH4 does. He wins.  No one else this century has had a winning record as starting QB for this team who has started the equivalent of a season or more. No one except the legend.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

If the kicker touched the ball on every offensive play then yes. TH4 does. He wins.  No one else this century has had a winning record as starting QB for this team who has started the equivalent of a season or more. No one except the legend.

He makes perfect handoffs too... No mistakes with all the zany **** that Scott calls to handoffs to #10 in motion, etc.  Flawless execution.  Now when he passes beyond 15 yards? that's a different story.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again here.  I'm convinced there's some yet-to-be-discovered advanced stat, some advanced metric, analytic, whatever, that explains how guys like Heinicke and Alex Smith can win games and not put up gaudy stats.  

Let me be clear when I say that I don't think Heinicke is any sort of a long term solution and he shouldn't be the starter next year.  But in no way do I want to see Wentz for the rest of the year.  

Like it or not, it's working.  It's unexplainable, but it's working.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, petey hodge said:

He makes perfect handoffs too... No mistakes with all the zany **** that Scott calls to handoffs to #10 in motion, etc.  Flawless execution.  Now when he passes beyond 15 yards? that's a different story.

He knows game situations. When he plays from behind he’s a gunslinger. He protects the leads. I’m not complaining. I’m so enjoying this ride. After 1-4 to be where we are record wise and not be happy, I don’t understand it. I’m having such a blast this season. Most fun I have had in a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again here.  I'm convinced there's some yet-to-be-discovered advanced stat, some advanced metric, analytic, whatever, that explains how guys like Heinicke and Alex Smith can win games and not put up gaudy stats.  

image.thumb.png.1d8dc5082c6f7e3bd81095bafc9d6098.png

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

5 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

"Moxie"

Easy to measure...just need the right tools.

ae901d95-cecf-4d23-a703-15a3212e1bbe.c02230bd3c73bb498680d969e261f24b.jpeg.f2e10b13f54fb9a154e90414eb8d39c0.jpeg

• Haha 4

The defense saved a win despite having a game that they haven't been used to in awhile.  The Falcons ran the ball pretty well and actually looked a lot similar to our offense for the most part, the difference was Mariotta had damn near no one to throw the ball to on most plays. 

I understand why the coaches feel they need to keep Heinicke in there for "chemistry" reasons, but there is zero chance they watch the game film during the week and are actually satisfied with his play, because it is bottom 5 QB in the league mediocre at this point.   The way Heinicke plays, I think he is likely toast if they lose either of the NYG games, especially the first one because that gives Ron an excuse to make the switch during a bye week when (assuming it would be) Wentz would have the extra prep time.  If they win both NYG games, then Heinicke is likely surviving the 49ers game as starter regardless because the 49ers D is likely going to make any QB look bad behind this O-line. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

ok

I agree, but we had no BRob and we weren't running the ball well, we also have improved our pass pro.

I agree but sometimes those physical tools can help you reach your potential as a team and not have to rely on the D to hold the opponent under 20 every game.

Its a tough call and by no means do I want Wentz throwing the ball anymore than Heinicke is but with this winning formula (D+ run game) I think many QBs could thrive.

Even if TH loses a game, Ron would lose the locker room if he benched him. He’s 6-1, technically should be 7-0, but that pick 6 vs the Vikings called back stopped that. But either way, the team would lose their crap if he got benched for dropping a game or two for how much they are winning. We all can probably agree we aren’t winning a Super Bowl with any qb on this roster except for if Howell develops maybe. So maybe just let TH ride out, see how far he takes them, and then maybe he’s worth some trade after the season?

I don’t think Ron pulls Heinicke after one loss.  He might want to but I don’t think he will pull the trigger.  He’s in a tough spot trying to gauge the locker room and what’s actually best for the team.  He also runs the risk of Wentz showing no improvement, playing bad and squandering what’s left of any chances for the playoffs.  While the rest of the world will play the what if game at his expense.

If Henicke loses two games and Ron goes to Wentz, he basically has to win out.  There is no easy road for either Ron or Wentz.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2