Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So mediocrity is good?

Playoffs is all I care about— if you have an elite unite somewhere on your team anything can happen. At bats!

Also, you remain lean at the QB spot while continuing to hunt for a unique situation: rookie QB you love, trade for a veteran or veteran at a reduced cost in free agency. Do not lock yourself into a competent starter asking for elite type money. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Fun Facts!

Taylor Heinicke is 3rd in franchise history for QB rating(min 250 attempts).

Taylor Heinicke is 3rd in franchise history for completion percentage.

He is 2nd in franchise history in 4th quarter comeback percentage, behind only Jay Schroeder.

He is 4th in franchise history in percentage of game winning drives, at 22%, behind Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, and Jay Schroeder.

Wow!

I would have never believed it!

But it's a testament that we have never known consistent quarterback play here and the DMV.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Playoffs is all I care about— if you have an elite unite somewhere on your team anything can happen. At bats!

Also, you remain lean at the QB spot while continuing to hunt for a unique situation: rookie QB you love, trade for a veteran or veteran at a reduced cost in free agency. Do not lock yourself into a competent starter asking for elite type money. 

Again, it's a recipe for mediocrity. If you have a great unit and then mediocre other units, you might win enough squeakers to sneak into the playoffs, then you'll likely get knocked out early because you rely on one unit being great and the rest are bleh. Then within 2-3 years you're starting over again.

So cool, you might get into the playoffs once or twice. Then get eliminated. Sweet!

Talk about being happy with 

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Something tells me even tho heinicke stinks he can get us a W or 2 in the playoffs , and yes we are going no need to knock on wood 

Just now, dc1 said:

Wow!

I would have never believed it!

But it's a testament that we have never known consistent quarterback play here and the DMV.

Those stats mean absolutely nothing lolol. 

Just now, mistertim said:

Again, it's a recipe for mediocrity. If you have a great unit and then mediocre other units, you might win enough squeakers to sneak into the playoffs, then you'll likely get knocked out early because you rely on one unit being great and the rest are bleh. Then within 2-3 years you're starting over again.

So cool, you might get into the playoffs once or twice. Then get eliminated. Sweet!

I mean it beats talking draft prospects in November. 

The season is too short for it to be early over. I'll take meaningful football in December.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

I get it but this what we have right now and tbh the defense gives us a chance in the playoffs it’s not pretty but this is How we can win, I’ll take a stud defense over a mediocre offense in the playoffs anyday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I get it but this what we have right now and tbh the defense gives us a chance in the playoffs it’s not pretty but this is How we can win, I’ll take a stud defense over a mediocre offense in the playoffs anyday

The defense gives us a chance as long as the running game is working well also. Once that's not the case, we'll need to start putting the ball in the air more, and that rarely ends well for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Where we seem to differ is I don’t view being in the playoffs consistently as being mediocre. 

What non elite QB situation or philosophy do you subscribe to? 

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The defense gives us a chance as long as the running game is working well also. Once that's not the case, we'll need to start putting the ball in the air more, and that rarely ends well for us.

Cant worry about that 90 percent teams in the league have deficiencies gotta stick with what we are good at imo 

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Those stats mean absolutely nothing lolol. 

So why does NLF keep track of stats then? Why do fans use them to compare to other QBs? I think the NFL, the coaches and the scouts should only look at if the QB has MOXIE or not. That should be the only stat that matters. :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

You think we have a mediocre offense? We had 138 yards passing against the third worst passing defense in the league. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

If we’re holding teams to under 17 points, and Daron Payne and Brian Robinson are getting game balls, then the sky is the limit for MoxieBall.

Buckle up.

Moxieball moves at like 4 yards a play.

1678830515_rkSNl3(1).gif.6f5e0756f09c9fc21c7b0919d1e13285.gif

I'm pretty sure we can do without buckles.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm pretty disappointed in Heinicke today, I could care less about the INT because it didn't hurt us but I was really hoping the Eagles win would springboard him to confidently running this offense but it hasn't. We aren't winning games because of him, actually I think these games are closer than they should be because of him.

Ron wont do it but its worth getting Wentz back in here. The key for Wentz is can he prevent the sack, if he can I think he'll give the offense a boost in the passing game which makes the running game even better.

4 of our last 5 are against teams with winning records and we need to win 3 of those games to have a shot at the playoffs. I hate seeing us waste a good opportunity in a season when there really aren't any great teams in the NFC.

Lol this is a joke right? Sarcasm?

Im not a TH guy at all, but give me a break. Wentz was tragic. Yea, th sucks physically. But sometimes it isn’t the physical tools you need your qb to have to win. Our team is good, and th has the leadership and heart to get guys to follow him. Wentz, on the other hand, has the personality of a pool noodle

7 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

You think we have a mediocre offense? We had 138 yards passing against the third worst passing defense in the league. 

Did I say the offense is mediocre??? I said I’ll take a stud defense over a mediocre offense. Most offenses in the league are mediocre right now but they don’t have our defense

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

So why does NLF keep track of stats then? Why do fans use them to compare to other QBs? I think the NFL, the coaches and the scouts should only look at if the QB has MOXIE or not. That should be the only stat that matters. :)

The NFL keeps track of every stat. Not every stat is meaningful, especially with the inflation of offensive stats in today's NFL. 

13 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Over the last seven games the offense has only scored over 20 points twice(I'm not giving them credit for last week since 7 of the points were from the direct pick 6, only 16 points were scored by them). 

If that's not mediocre I don't know what is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

give me a break

ok

6 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

Wentz was tragic

I agree, but we had no BRob and we weren't running the ball well, we also have improved our pass pro.

8 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

But sometimes it isn’t the physical tools you need your qb to have to win

I agree but sometimes those physical tools can help you reach your potential as a team and not have to rely on the D to hold the opponent under 20 every game.

Its a tough call and by no means do I want Wentz throwing the ball anymore than Heinicke is but with this winning formula (D+ run game) I think many QBs could thrive.

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Wanna have some fun?...Go back and read the posts starting on or around October 15th lol...and you could probably do that on any of the threads in the Stadium forum, no matter what they're about...not just this one thread here.

We need to work on your definition of "fun".

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The NFL keeps track of every stat. Not every stat is meaningful, especially with the inflation of offensive stats in today's NFL. 

Over the last seven games the offense has only scored over 20 points twice(I'm not giving them credit for last week since 7 of the points were from the direct pick 6, only 16 points were scored by them). 

If that's not mediocre I don't know what is.

That’s not mediocre it’s terrible