Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

31 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Did I say the offense is mediocre??? I said I’ll take a stud defense over a mediocre offense. Most offenses in the league are mediocre right now but they don’t have our defense

Our offense isn’t mediocre it stinks from a production pov 

Don't look these up, just try and guess:

Name the starting QB and the game for these yards per play stats (hint: this is in a thread about our QBs and in the Stadium forum, so...yeah lol):

Offensive yards per play

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

Oh, there's math! lol  In 6 games each, Wentz threw 1 more pick, got sacked 14 more times and scored 29 less points than TH. And I don't even know how many sack fumbles he had. The argument is void. Oh and 1 guy is 5-1 on a 3 game win streak and the other was 2-4. It's just silly. 

The argument needs to shift to how we get a true QB1 in here for next season.. Cause unless it's Howell, he's not currently on the roster. 

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

I’ve come to conclusion it’s a veteran QB at 10-14% of the cap or riding with Dline for next 3-4 year window. Most likely will get a competent QB and let 1-2 of the Dline go and tout the growth of the young Dline guys. 

I like idea of being elite and a clear cut above the rest of the league in some facet of the game. Dominating opposing teams run game and suffocating the QB comes second to the elite QB in terms ROI in the win department IMO. 

Im all ears if they can do both. Though, I hate allocating significant dollars for the competent pocket QB as I point out at every opportunity ;) 

If the owner has the money to spend they can literally do anything they want against the cap for the next 5-7 years.  Look at what the Rams and Saints have done to manipulate the cap.  

What you want is cheap AND good at QB.  If you can find that, it's nirvana.  

If you can't find that, you want GOOD at QB.  Because Cheap without good is worthless. 

Honestly, the best QB for this team right now would be Jimmy G.  He'll be somewhat expensive but nowhere near Carr, who's going to demand a fortune, I think.  

Short term, you could keep Jimmy's cap number ridiculously low.  Probably less than $20m, depending on how you structure it and how much you want to punt into voided years, maybe even less than $15m.

They can do the same thing with Payne and Sweat if they wanted to next off-season.  They have 2 years before they have to do anything with Young, and we're a long way off before that's even a thing.  

Taylor Heinicke is wasting McLaurin, Dotson, Brown and Samuel.  He has averaged, in his 7 starts, 194 yards per game.  That's a very paltry number.  With those weapons, not to mention Gibson and Logan Thomas, any QB of this team should be up around 250 yards per game minimum.  

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Name the starting QB and the game for these yards per play stats:

Offensive yards per play

Is that this year, this week, 1978?  What are we talking about here?

6 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Fun Facts!

Taylor Heinicke is 3rd in franchise history for QB rating(min 250 attempts).

Taylor Heinicke is 3rd in franchise history for completion percentage.

He is 2nd in franchise history in 4th quarter comeback percentage, behind only Jay Schroeder.

He is 4th in franchise history in percentage of game winning drives, at 22%, behind Doug Williams, Brad Johnson, and Jay Schroeder.

This says a whole lot more about our franchise history at QB than it does about TH. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Name the starting QB and the game for these yards per play stats (hint: this is in a thread about our QBs and in the Stadium forum, so...yeah lol):

Offensive yards per play

Going to that thread now!!

• Thumb up 1

On 10/18/2022 at 12:02 PM, method man said:

Not many do anymore. Gone are days of poster like @SoCalSkins excoriating the team for not giving Hiney a 3 year $30M extension. I think what a lot of folks want is fun offensive football led by a very likeable guy. The team's upside with Hiney is the #7 playoff spot if teams in the other three divisions continue to suck but the likely outcome is something like 6-11 or 7-10.

How you feeling now Nostradamus? Are you ready to bow down to your football knowledge superiors and admit abject failure yet again? Thanks for playing though and good effort. Maybe next decade you might come up with one that lands. Until then maybe learn from your failures. Underestimate TH4 at your peril!!!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If the owner has the money to spend they can literally do anything they want against the cap for the next 5-7 years.  Look at what the Rams and Saints have done to manipulate the cap.  

^^ this. If your owner has cash the cap is almost non existent. Look at the last two Super Bowl champs. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

How you feeling now Nostradamus? Are you ready to bow down to your football knowledge superiors and admit abject failure yet again? Thanks for playing though and good effort. Maybe next decade you might come up with one that lands. Until then maybe learn from your failures. Underestimate TH4 at your peril!!!

Uhhh what is off with my prediction? I said the upside scenario was the #7 seed and that is the scenario they are working toward now.

Your stance of giving Heinicke a 3 year $30M contract is still moronic and not something you should be boasting about

• Like 3

Just now, method man said:

Uhhh what is off with my prediction? I said the upside scenario was the #7 seed and that is the scenario they are working toward now.

Your stance of giving Heinicke a 3 year $30M contract is still moronic and not something you should be boasting about

You predicted 6-11 or 7-10 record. More importantly you tried calling me out and now look like simply a ludicrous failure in underestimating my Gm genius. The lady doth protest too much when it comes to who is making moronic comments and randomly calling out people. I didn’t bother commenting on your ludicrously simplistic nonsensical musings until you called me out lady. 

Patrick Mahomes just threw a stupid, dare I say, more stupid than TH's INT, in the end zone.  Its the 4th qtr. 

Everyone shats their pants. 

Mahomes didn't see one of the opposing jerseys.

TH didn't see three of the opposing teams jerseys on today first half INT.

You see..we're are not that far apart!

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You predicted 6-11 or 7-10 record. More importantly you tried calling me out and now look like simply a ludicrous failure in underestimating my Gm genius. The lady doth protest too much when it comes to who is making moronic comments and randomly calling out people. I didn’t bother commenting on your ludicrously simplistic nonsensical musings until you called me out lady. 

We could technically still go 7-10. Not likely, but possible.

Just now, dc1 said:

Patrick Mahomes just threw a stupid, dare I say, more stupid than TH's INT, in the end zone.  Its the 4th qtr. 

Everyone shats their pants. 

Mahomes didn't see one of the opposing jerseys.

TH didn't see three of the opposing teams jerseys on today first half INT.

You see..we're are not that far apart!

Great now the heini holes will be comparing TH to PM. Way to go!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

^^ this. If your owner has cash the cap is almost non existent. Look at the last two Super Bowl champs. 

The caveat: you will have to pay the piper eventually.  The Rams are potentially looking at having to scrap everything and start all over, and they don’t have the first round picks to do to, so it might take a while.  

You can defer cap he’ll for a while.  But eventually, it will get you.

The thing is, this core has a SB level window with good QB play for the next 3-4 years with the key members of the team all being in their prime.  They don’t have a ton of huge holes, and the ones they do can be filled.  

The issue is the QB.  They don’t have the QB.  

If it was me, I’d franchise Payne, re-sign Holcomb, extend Curl, sign 5 OL (starters and backups) and make a serious run at either Jimmy G or Carr assuming either are released.

If they aren’t id try again with Wentz.  Because he’s better than anything else on the market.  And I honestly don’t give a crap what anybody says, he’s a hell of a lot better than Heinicke.  

If also draft 7 OL.  (Ok, that’s a bit of an exaggeration. But a whole bunch.)

I would not bring TH back under any circumstance.  As long as he’s on the roster he’s going to be a binky for Scott Turner.  Cut him loose and let somebody else pay him $10m.  Howell can be the backup.  

You place your bets next year.  It’s the “all in” year.  Hopefully you have Jimmy or Carr, if not you are stuck with Wentz.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I called you out for your moronic take of giving Heinicke a 3 year $30M contract. That take stuck in my mind to call out over the past year because it has been one of the most moronic takes on this board over the past year

I predicted 6-11/7-10 as a base case scenario with #7 seed as the upside scenario. If they get the #6 seed or higher, you can call me out. If not, you have zero to call me out on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

I'm not saying we should switch but saying Wentz couldn't do what Heinicke is doing is foolish. Wentz gives us the deep ball. It might come with an extra sack or two but we would definitely be more explosive.

That first game with wentz hitting all our elite receivers with our current run game would be greatest show on turf like. For some reason coaches don’t do it and it’s not because of “losing the locker room” if they started the starter

7 minutes ago, method man said:

I called you out for your moronic take of giving Heinicke a 3 year $30M contract. That take stuck in my mind to call out over the past year because it has been one of the most moronic takes on this board over the past year

I predicted 6-11/7-10 as a base case scenario with #7 seed as the upside scenario. If they get the #6 seed or higher, you can call me out. If not, you have zero to call me out on

3 year 30 million extension. Would have locked Heinicke up for 4 years at 7.75 mil a year with the team able to get out after a year. He’s going to command more than that dude. Not understanding that fact is moronic. Nothing I have said. So maybe just read my comments take them as fact and be more informed. Or argue and look like you do now.  

Edited by SoCalSkins

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

That first game with wentz hitting all our elite receivers with our current run game would be greatest show on turf like. For some reason coaches don’t do it and it’s not because of “losing the locker room” if they started the starter

I bet Dotson misses Wentz. Seems like Heinicke doesn't even look his way.