Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I rode a rollercoaster and it reminded me of Mayes consistency level.

Then I rode the bumper cars and it reminded me of Daniels.

Fun day

Roller coaster sometimes kill

people or cause whiplash 

bumper cars cause trauma

i can get over trauma

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Tony Pauline on 106.7 just now, hes hit and miss as for draft rumors. Hes most sold on the idea that this team is not taking McCarthy. He thinks they likeky go with Daniels. Believes Nix falls to the 2nd and the Senior Bowl and Combine did Nix no favors as to draft stock 

The question I have that's probably unanswerable is:

Do all of these media sources reporting that their best guess is that we will take Jayden Daniels, say that because they personally think he's the best qb after Caleb or do they say it because they have reason to believe that the we, the Commanders, think he's the best player after Caleb?

I suspect it's the former and that makes their guess just as good as any of us, on the forum.

A long month of this crap ahead of us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

people or cause whiplash 

bumper cars cause trauma

i can get over trauma

Neither roller coaster nor bumper cars can get my heart pounding these days. That stuff's for wimps.

This is the ride I want to try next...

"THE MOST DANGEROUS RIDE EVER"

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

The most scientific look at these guys yet:

The only thing I'd change is Michael Penix Jr comp is more like a next-gen Warren Moon to me.    Penix to the Moon!  lol

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Is anyone so invested in a single player they will cheer against the other guy and hope he fails if ‘their guy’ isn’t the pick? That would be strange. 

It does seem like we are set up for some “I told you so’s” if whoever we pick doesn’t pan out, though that kind of thing seems to always happen in qb conversations around every team, in every outlet, from the biggest of sports talk shows, to the niche message boards. Hopefully when it inevitably does happen it’ll all be in good fun. I would hope that no matter who the qb is, we will all continue to cheer for the team. I do know that if our new qb starts playing like Howell did the second half of last season, I probably won’t be to happy. Lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

The only thing I'd change is Michael Penix Jr comp is more like a next-gen Warren Moon to me.    Penix to the Moon!  lol

That is spot on! Hadn't really thought of them as similar before, but the moment I read it, I could see it.

That powerful arm, perfect spiral, killer placement of the ball, throwing daggers all over the field like a surgeon. Abd now knowing MPJ can actually run there's that potential similarity too.

Yeah, that works for me.

It's a shame Moon got to the NFL so late in life.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

people or cause whiplash 

bumper cars cause trauma

i can get over trauma

You can get a basilar skull fracture in a bumper car at a sudden stop… 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

It does seem like we are set up for some “I told you so’s” if whoever we pick doesn’t pan out, though that kind of thing seems to always happen in qb conversations around every team, in every outlet, from the biggest of sports talk shows, to the niche message boards. Hopefully when it inevitably does happen it’ll all be in good fun. I would hope that no matter who the qb is, we will all continue to cheer for the team. I do know that if our new qb starts playing like Howell did the second half of last season, I probably won’t be to happy. Lol

It probably depends on what happens. I'm sure there are plenty of people on Bears boards and chats who wanted Mahomes and will never let the Trubisky people hear the end of it.  lol

If we pick one guy and he busts and the other guy goes on to be elite then...yeah some of it will inevitably happen, but it would probably mostly just be bitterness that we missed again vs actual animosity towards other posters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Conn said:

Yes, I posited that it’s an artifact from AI upscaling used to sharpen a blurry still, or something. Some lazy editor used the tools but didn’t check the resulting work well enough before publishing.

It's a real photo that hasn't been messed with. A YouTube video from a popular "football doc" chimed in, and said the reason why the point of his elbow looks weird is probably due to an inflamed bursa sac that had accumulated fluid. The rest of the weirdness of the photo comes down to angle and the lighting/shading around the bicep.

There's also photos of Daniels having his elbow taped in subsequent games; likely because he had his fluid drained.

Here's another photo from the same game, just a different angle. See that his bicep is not completely separated from the rest of his arm and looks like it's trying to stab his elbow.:

66057e252500003300945606.webp.462ad70f2f2d28dcdd73cacc511d7043.webp

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Day 3 draft party may need a little extra security.  Some folks might let themselves get carried away.

I would be there completely destroyed if I could. But alas I will be in Key West instead. Damn shame. :)

25 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Well dang, stupid kids causing skull issues

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's a real photo that hasn't been messed with. A YouTube video from a popular "football doc" chimed in, and said the reason why the point of his elbow looks weird is probably due to an inflamed bursa sac that had accumulated fluid. The rest of the weirdness of the photo comes down to angle and the lighting/shading around the bicep.

There's also photos of Daniels having his elbow taped in subsequent games; likely because he had his fluid drained.

Here's another photo from the same game, just a different angle. See that his bicep is not completely separated from the rest of his arm and looks like it's trying to stab his elbow.:

66057e252500003300945606.webp.462ad70f2f2d28dcdd73cacc511d7043.webp

This what happens when you create articles and photos from AI

• Thumb up 1

No, despite rumors to the contrary, Dan Orlovsky does not confess, in the video below, that Jayden Daniels' agent gave him a fat bag stuffed with twenties to stir things up in his client's favor...

19 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Ok back to Maye. 

• Haha 1

Orlovsky was just on ESPN 4 and said most gms are now telling him that Bo Daniels is def going to go #2 because they see him as a perfect mix of Maye Nix and JJ Drake, except for not being able to rap.

• Haha 7

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

The question I have that's probably unanswerable is:

Do all of these media sources reporting that their best guess is that we will take Jayden Daniels, say that because they personally think he's the best qb after Caleb or do they say it because they have reason to believe that the we, the Commanders, think he's the best player after Caleb?

I suspect it's the former and that makes their guess just as good as any of us, on the forum.

A long month of this crap ahead of us.

Guessing its based on just general buzz. 

I’ll say though Pauline isnt alone on it wont be McCarthy. Albright hinted the same. Ditto Breer. Ditto Keim. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Dang, I'm riding the wrong bumper cars. Put me in something w/ that much horsepower and watch me send poor little Timmy hiding in the corner to the hospital.

I'd be patrolling my arena like Ray Lewis. No kid gets to cross the middle. I'd hand out life altering events.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 6

Speaking of rides am at Disney. Ive commented over the years so many here wear jerseys and team gear and over the years Ive seen less and less of Washington gear. Well, this time its back and on the rise, seeing a bunch of Washington gear

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Do we have a poll set up for QB choice? That way we can zero in on the people that make the incorrect pick...or thump our chest when we are correct?

If such a poll is set up ... it should be a two-part poll:

Poll 1: Who you think they should take.   Name the QB you want Washington to take.  But include one of the following three letter codes with the name of your choice to indicate

-- A.  You want them to trade up for your choice, or

--B. You want them to select your choice at #2,  or,

-- C. You want them to trade down and hopefully pick your choice at wherever spot they traded down to. 

Also, include one more option --called "Other" -- which means wait until 2025 draft for drafting a QB, and meanwhile for 2024  try to trade for (or sign in FA) another short term QB backup for Mariotta.

Poll 2:  What you predict the Commanders WILL do in the draft:  Basically the same options as above, including the indicators.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

So Kyler Murray with a bad elbow.  Worked great the first time Klingsbury.

It's not a serious injury or debilitating long term. It's more of an eyesore if it flares up than anything else. 

He seems to be fine now. In any event out doctors will undoubtedly give him a full examination, not just look at his photos. lol

This is the full "report" from the "highly ethical" (lol) internet doctor who diagnosed Jayden without ever talking to him or seeing him using photographs (smh)...

Daniels appears to be dealing with operation bursitis of his right throwing elbow. 

This is an inflammation of the bursa, which is a sac that is usually empty and is there to protect the bone underneath. We have them in several joints including the elbow and the knee.

‘Banging’ your elbow against a hard surface often results in inflammation of the bursa, causing the body to fill it with fluid. 

This is a protective mechanism to prevent fracturing the bone underneath.

These are VERY common, and more annoying than concerning. 

As long as they are not infected. 

These can be drained (aspirated) with a needle, but often these will fill back up. I’ve had good success with injecting PRP (plasma from the blood) to make these go away permanently.

For some people they are very stubborn.

These are quite an eye sore and look really funny as you can see with Jayden Daniels.

These usually do not have a negative impacts on the player/person. This should not impact his ability to throw or cause any pain. Literally just a visual oddity.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of rides am at Disney.

I'm going there in about a month.

Figured Kings Dominion would serve as a nice warmup. Prepare the body for the catastrophic violence to come.

I think I put in 4 miles today which should be equivalent to DW's parking lot.

I'm pretty confident I can make it thru tho. Not even gonna stretch first. I'm confident in my ability to not waste money.

too-tired-to-9i0rfv.jpg.3cff61456a7cb235d30924b27728993e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2