Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Taylor Heinicke died a noble death. But his Heinicke Hive is *done* and outlawed! Let no one even speak their name from this time on.

Taylor played really well in the 1st half I though. 2nd half was not kind to him. Turner got aways from what was working in the 1st half for some reason. The D giving up yet another 98 yard drive in back to back weeks - not good. At least we saw the window dressing by Wentz to get him ready for the next 2 games. The dance is still not done yet. There is also a possibility Wentz could be yanked if he plays poorly as well. It might take both of them to get into the playoff. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Man, I really hope Ron is just being respectful to Taylor.  Not only did he not commit to Wentz for next week, he played down the turnovers.  

How could he possibly go back to Heinicke and justify it?

The benching was obviously performance related and Wentz did nothing to suggest it was a mistake. 

Just don't see any scenario where he can defend benching heinicke and go back to him a quarter later.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, redskinss said:

How could he possibly go back to Heinicke and justify it?

The benching was obviously performance related and Wentz did nothing to suggest it was a mistake. 

Just don't see any scenario where he can defend benching heinicke and go back to him a quarter later.

It sounded like he hadn’t prepared to answer the questions about it.

He said that it was situational and he didn’t want them teeing off on Taylor, and then was like ‘not that we wanted them to tee off on Wentz either’ but we also wanted to see what Wentz could do.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Man, I really hope Ron is just being respectful to Taylor.  Not only did he not commit to Wentz for next week, he played down the turnovers.  

He was being diplomatic. Heinicke is done and everyone knows it. Wentz time.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s hard to pull a guy when your winning even if it’s obvious to everyone how bad he sucks.

Folks kept saying that, but I don't believe many were honest about the possibility of him losing against concentrated better competition and what to do if that happened.

We went 0-2-1 in the month of December, losing like that this late in the season coulda cost us the very same playoff spot folks wanted to give credit for Taylor putting us in.

The right thing to do was always go back to Wentz and give credit to the whole team playing better, so it wasn't like pulling teeth avoiding the possibility of it all coming apart by changing one starter.

Let's jus all forgive each other, folks take showers if they need to, and pretend folks didn't fall for this bull**** again after doing so literally just last season.

The season is not over because Wentz, him getting a TD his first drive shows that he is not done nor worse then Taylor.  There should be hope here, maybe he's jus what we need him to be versus what we've been raised we thought we needed in team building this century.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

This offense will open up more with Wentz.  He's had more time to learn the playbook and watch TH.  One example that seems small but is huge was the screen pass Wentz threw (to Samuel I think).  The ball got there so quick.  It just pops off his hand like a rocket.  TH cannot throw screen passes as the ball takes forever to get there.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

This offense will open up more with Wentz.  He's had more time to learn the playbook and watch TH.  One example that seems small but is huge was the screen pass Wentz threw (to Samuel I think).  The ball got there so quick.  It just pops off his hand like a rocket.  TH cannot throw screen passes as the ball takes forever to get there.  

There's also less pressure on Wentz now..nobody thinks he's the savior, so it's just him trying to play well with what's asked. Less hero ball desperation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Gibbs used to give opponents all kinds of kudos after beating them by 50, it's been a while, but Ron is just a class act.

Graphic representation of what San Fran, our very offensive line, and screwy unnecessary yolo calls by clearly clueless RiverDope Ron did to the hive...

(start around the 30 second mark)

Rivera gleefully goes for it from his own thirty four yard line because, he can...

The hive is dead...

A long time hive member explains the days events...

Long live the hive??

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Damn man, watching Taylor’s presser…

Taylor said he was beat up on the 4th qtr so he understand about the switch. Terry was supportive of both Taylor and Wentz. Looks like the switch back won't lose the locker room. That was good to hear. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Taylor said he was beat up on the 4th qtr so he understand about the switch. Terry was supportive of both Taylor and Wentz. Looks like the switch back won't lose the locker room. That was good to hear. 

I just meant he looked like he was literally on the verge of crying like he knows that was it.

As much as I find his play hard to watch, it’s even harder to watch him with puffy eyes and a trembling bottom lip when talking about it. 

As I read through the gameday thread and saw all the Hivers coming out the woodwork celebrating and shouting down “the haters” my gut said this is really premature and I have this feeling they are going to look foolish.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just meant he looked like he was literally on the verge of crying like he knows that was it.

As much as I find his play hard to watch, it’s even harder to watch him with puffy eyes and a trembling bottom lip when talking about it. 

As I read through the gameday thread and saw all the Hivers coming out the woodwork celebrating and shouting down “the haters” my gut said this is really premature and I have this feeling they are going to look foolish.

Yeah I saw that too. But also saying he might not be done yet. It will all depend on how well Wentz plays with the playoff on the line. 

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Man I am watching Derek Carr play the Steelers right now and it is insane to me that there are people here who are meh about him. He would easily elevate this team to contender status.

Now I admit idk about Carr @ $40M vs say Wentz at $10-20M.

Carr IMO is basically Kirk with slightly more mobility and more clutch.  Kirk is IMO a slightly better passer.   The clutch part to me is key for Carr.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1