Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

SIP, I’ve not been able to keep up with this thread as much as I’d have liked in recent weeks.

If the draft was today, whose your pick at 2?

I'd pick Drake Maye.  But am good with Daniels i wouldn't hate it.

As for what am guessing they do?  Maye or Daniels feels 50-50.

@JamesMadisonSkins

Dark moment for you, just now in the Peters press conference, said he doesn't expect to trade down.  😎

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Levis was the betting favorite to go 2

Looking at an old cbs article on betting odds movement at the time, and its a bit different from that. And really weird, obviously some bit of news, rumor hit monday night/tuesday morning to radically change perceptions of where Levis would go, and then said information went down the toilet within about 48-64 hours. It doesn't appear Levis was ever exactly the favorite to go #1, looks like it was always Will Anderson at least the final week, but there was a brief period from Tuesday morning to some point during draft day that Levis surged into a near even status with Stroud....That has the feel of someone trying to get Stroud to drop?

The equivalent of this weekend (sunday):

Odds to go #2:

Will Levis +1000

Will Anderson +170

Stroud +170

Bryce Young +400

Richardson +200

Bryce Young +400

Tuesday Morning before the draft on thursday:

Will Levis +270

Will Anderson +150

CJ Stroud +260

Bryce Young +860

Richardson +2000

Thursday afternoon, day of the draft:

Will Levis +1000

Will Anderson -320

CJ Stroud +200
Bryce Young +4000

Richardson +600

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

Peters: Feel good about staying at 2, don't see us moving down.

Peter: I don't want to pick a guy in the first round who might not start for three years.

Peters: Had no preference on QBs in this draft before taking job, was not scouting QBs for SF last year.

Peters on top QB qualities: Leadership, different players lead in different ways. Hard worker, first in the building. Guy who other players want to be around, look to to set tone.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sinews said:

GMAP just all but confirmed staying at 2, so we can dispense with the outside chance of a tradedown. Or at least I would assume after hearing that. 

Or the price for moving up just got higher 🤔

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Peter: I don't want to pick a guy in the first round who might not start for three years.

Peters: Had no preference on QBs in this draft before taking job, was not scouting QBs for SF last year.

Peters on top QB qualities: Leadership, different players lead in different ways. Hard worker, first in the building. Guy who other players want to be around, look to to set tone.

Did he really say this?

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Dude has us all on his strings like we are puppets. I hate him and love him at the same time. 

Doflamingo, the man who pulls the strings by 321comics on DeviantArt

Never underestimate the maddening genius of a UCLA grad talking about Commanders football! They are usually quite handsome as well. 

Just now, jg77 said:

Did he really say this?

Just trying to listen and type at same time, seemed like that's what he said, I did paraphrase. Sorry if it turns out innacurate!

• Thanks 2

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

Just trying to listen and type at same time, seemed like that's what he said, I did paraphrase. Sorry if it turns out innacurate!

Pretty much confirms it's Daniels if true.

He has the experience and ready to start right away. Pioli mentioned being impressed about him starting his day at 5:30am everyday. Just my guess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

After listening to Greg Cosell -- an objective pro, not a blogger boy pushing a narrative, Keim, and others that are well-respected in the league instead of twitter, I think it's pretty clear the pick is probably Daniels. The tape is simply too good and he's simply too well-liked by everyone who has spent time with him. There's a reason New England wants him too. The league doesn't care that he might have a nutty agent -- isn't the first player to have one, won't be the last.

Very outside chance they make a monster trade with someone and take Penix. There's a reason they brought him in -- they like him a lot.  It also shows their preference for someone who could start right away with the fewest amount of growing pains. 

I'm sure some in the building will push for Maye -- based on his traits alone -- but you have to build a consensus. And it clear the consensus in the league is Daniels. 

This is literally 100% conjecture with no basis on what's coming out of our FO (since absolutely nothing is coming out of our FO).

• Thumb up 1

I don’t wanna know who we take until the words come out of Goodell’s mouth on draft night, it’s more fun that way 😄

Oh and I hope whoever we take is at the actual draft in Michigan, feels like years since we’ve had our guy on the stage holding the jersey

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Listening to the press conference the two did not give away how they were leaning.  But, I agree with Keim, they followed a process and stuck to that process including bringing all the players in together.  Lance commented that he enjoyed it and it proved to have value.

I like GMAP's comments on Harris.  Supportive, gave what they needed, and just stayed out of the way and let them work.

Reference the pick, it is who they think has the leadership qualities, the toughness, the work ethic and the skillset to be best and ability to see the field this year or next.  No project player.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I've always found both Simms to be self-inflating airheads as Sunday game commentators and worse in the pundit role.

there are 3 (three) of them now. 

i think the other brother is Matt?  He’s actually the least annoying of all of them, but is newer to the media space. 

Phil is annoying af and chrissy, well, you already know. Definite apple tree thing there. 

not to torture you, but here is the other dude

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

That's what I was getting at with my kerfluffle with another poster a few days ago regarding why I don't give a ---- about most of the knocks on Maye. Most, not all, but most, are related to things that are nebulous, in the eye of the beholder, sometimes just bull----, and consistently something easily resolved, if a problem, at the next level. We can point to zillions of guys with weird releases or odd footwork over the years that were just fine, either because it worked for them, or got coached up from Rivers to Rodgers, from Mahomes, to Herbert, and I'm sure if we dug up every QB that hit over the years, while there would be some, that had beautiful, and clean throwing motions and feet, there would be a majority that did not. It just doesn't seem sticky when it come to guys that become special. Could there be a dustbin filled with guys that didn't hit, and that was the reason why? Maybe, but I'm skeptical, for most busts, there's an absolute litany of things that explain the failure, I can't remember many if any that were strictly mechanics failures. It's why I don't care. It's not that I want Maye, so I'm ignoring honest criticism, it's that I like Maye, and have noticed a trend line for decades that guys picked at for these reasons, tend to hit anyway, if they're any good. If they're good, it isn't consequential. I'm a lot more worried about things like pressure 2 sack ratio which are sticky as a problem, unlike mechanics and feet which can be improved with repetition and coaching and reps (and sometimes it ends up immaterial), and Maye is a problem there, just like Daniels (just not as bad). I'm also concerned, a little with only 2 years as a starter, I'd prefer 3, but it's not a Trubisky situation, so I'm not overly concerned....but yeah, p2s, that worries me, some alarming accuracy #'s, that bothers me, there are definitely some metrics, i would have preferred 3 years as a starter than 2, but yeah, that quote is yet another lovely example of why the Maye stuff doesn't bother me to the same degree as the stuff on Daniels...There was that yucky Maye stat someone posted yesterday afternoon with Maye was it unpressured? I can't remember, but let me cosign on the fact that yeah, that would bother me too. I'm not a Maye uber alles kind of person, as mentioned earlier, I'm more about collecting and sorting the piles of alarming data, and trying to avoid the guy with the ones I most closely associate with busting. Both guys have some, Maye just has more of the sort that scares me, that's all.