Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

It is crazy. The average twitter fan is clueless and thinks EB is a gem. Here’s a taste under a Grant tweet about potential HC candidates we should be thinking about. These people are going to get a nasty surprise and be so confused in 6 weeks:

IMG_3636.jpeg

Brad’s response doesn’t make sense to me. The only way I see them keeping EB next year is to promote him to HC. (Assuming Ron’s gone) He has been given too much power from Ron this season for a new HC (limited to a pool with a defensive background) to come in and peel that power away and have it work.

EB as HC would be very underwhelming.

58 minutes ago, Conn said:

It is crazy. The average twitter fan is clueless and thinks EB is a gem. Here’s a taste under a Grant tweet about potential HC candidates we should be thinking about. These people are going to get a nasty surprise and be so confused in 6 weeks:

IMG_3636.jpeg

image.png.b01554814ecf80c00c0c78f2b8be5b85.png

The average fan is an out of shape dip**** know nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I was excited about the chance for EB to come here and be the OC. But even then was not sure about HC. He has done nothing for me to want him here next year. I am not nearly as down on him as some others are. However, he has certainly not wowed me either. 

So, clean house. Kick them all to the curb. I think Sam is resilient enough for another offense. Especially since there will be a clear committment of at least a few years. I am making the assumption Sam is our QB next year. I think he has done enough unless we somehow can get Maye or WIlliams without selling the farm. Even then, it's not a smal dunk. Draft picks are always risky. Howell you know what you have. With a better game plan and some support on the Oline resulting in a legitimate run game and a legitimate threat at TE, he could be special. 

Either way, hard pass on EB as HC. Move them all out. Hire a GM who brings in his own HC and let them build the roster and coaching staff. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

JP defers to BMitch like everything he says is gospel.  I liked BMitch as a player obviously, but it’s crazy to me how he’s capitalized on being a good special teamer and turned this into being a long-standing media personality in the area.  Nobody ever takes him to task for his opinions because he played the game decades ago.  It’s always been obvious that he doesn’t actually watch tape.  His entire schtick is always that the coach is soft.  It wasn’t a surprise to me that he’d be in love with hearing EB is a hardass.

I venture a guess that his lack of popularity has more to do with guys running hopeless routes and being put in too many critical situations with no answers, where guys are running into each other.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

JP defers to BMitch like everything he says is gospel.  I liked BMitch as a player obviously, but it’s crazy to me how he’s capitalized on being a good special teamer and turned this into being a long-standing media personality in the area.  Nobody ever takes him to task for his opinions because he played the game decades ago.  It’s always been obvious that he doesn’t actually watch tape.  His entire schtick is always that the coach is soft.  It wasn’t a surprise to me that he’d be in love with hearing EB is a hardass.

I venture a guess that his lack of popularity has more to do with guys running hopeless routes and being put in too many critical situations with no answers, where guys are running into each other.

The pounding on the table for EB by 106.7 is weird to me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is silly from JP.   They are losing games so they aren't entitled to have an opinion on anything.

Not sure it’s that they aren’t entitled to an opinion, it’s questioning the merit behind their opinion. Ron has set a culture of mediocrity which those players seem to have bought into, EB comes in and makes higher demands and they get uncomfortable, it’s weak mentality.

All academic mind you as neither EB nor most of those players will be here in a season or two’s time.

• Thumb up 1

I don't really care too much about players opinions about anything beyond how to play their position, and team chemistry. Everything else is far too specialized. It's already useless in less specialized, highly detailed sports, in this sport, there's little value in it. They can give insights on the playing of the game, positional cohorts, those kinds of nuances, and they're free to talk about anything, but in terms of team building, other than chemistry, I'm not really interested in their opinions. 

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sam always says the right thing.

Its crazy tho cause I remember when he wasn't saying it and it was like 'Oh **** something must be wrong he's not saying the things' 

And now that hes saying the things its like 'Man that guy always says the right things, nothing to see here' 

It just amuses me 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its crazy tho cause I remember when he wasn't saying it and it was like 'Oh **** something must be wrong he's not saying the things' 

And now that hes saying the things its like 'Man that guy always says the right things, nothing to see here' 

It just amuses me 

Personally, I’ve never put much stock in anything Sam says or doesn’t say to the media.  He’s a coaches son and beyond polished in that regard.   He will never be the one to provide juicy nuggets for the media.  He’s also beyond accountable and always takes the blame, it’s just who he is from all I’ve seen.

It’s hard to even say how much relevance there is to the “players wouldn’t want EB as head coach stuff” that came out anyways.  That stuff is typical when things aren’t going well.  And at the end of the day, thats what all of this boils down to…results, poor results.

• Like 2

I've said this before, wait till the end of the season and I bet this O line will rank just around the same spot if I recall PFF predicted they would end up, that is 26th.  they are only 2 spots away right now at 24th.

Some who defend the o line for being at least OK like to say PFF has their back on that point.  Actually they do not.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-week-13-2023

NFL offensive line rankings ahead of Week 13

24. WASHINGTON COMMANDERS (DOWN 2)

Projected Week 13 starters:

LT Charles Leno Jr.
LG Chris Paul
C 
Tyler Larsen
RG Sam Cosmi
RT Andrew Wylie

• The Commanders' offensive line struggled in pass protection against a fierce Cowboys pass rush. The unit gave up 24 pressures — including four sacks — on 49 dropbacks, which led to them ranking 31st in pass-blocking efficiency rating in Week 12.
  • Chris Paul’s 90.4 pass-blocking efficiency rating ranked last among guards in Week 12. Washington’s left guard gave up two sacks and six quarterback hurries against Dallas.
Best player: Sam Cosmi
  • Cosmi has earned a positive grade on 19.7% of run plays, which ranks sixth among guards this season.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Not sure it’s that they aren’t entitled to an opinion, it’s questioning the merit behind their opinion. Ron has set a culture of mediocrity which those players seem to have bought into, EB comes in and makes higher demands and they get uncomfortable, it’s weak mentality.

All academic mind you as neither EB nor most of those players will be here in a season or two’s time.

Based on the the things that have filtered out, I don't get the sense for at least some of the players the main driving force is that Bieiniemy is demanding -- feels at least with some of the players its that they don't think Bieniemy is that good at scheming it up especially as to adjusting in game. 

That was the first rumbiling type of point Keim made weeks back, I posted that here at the time

19 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

The topic keeps being brought back up, but does anyone here actually want EB to be the next Head Coach?

@Voice_of_Reason@wit33?  Not sure.  @Koolblue13?   :D  

Hard to tell as to @Going Commando I recall him saying recently there is a case to bringing him back but wasn't sure if he meant as an OC or HC?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've said this before, wait till the end of the season and I bet this O line will rank just around the same spot if I recall PFF predicted they would end up, that is 26th.  they are only 2 spots away right now at 24th.

Some who defend the o line for being at least OK like to say PFF has their back on that point.  Actually they do not.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-week-13-2023

NFL offensive line rankings ahead of Week 13

24. WASHINGTON COMMANDERS (DOWN 2)

Projected Week 13 starters:

LT Charles Leno Jr.
LG Chris Paul
C 
Tyler Larsen
RG Sam Cosmi
RT Andrew Wylie

• The Commanders' offensive line struggled in pass protection against a fierce Cowboys pass rush. The unit gave up 24 pressures — including four sacks — on 49 dropbacks, which led to them ranking 31st in pass-blocking efficiency rating in Week 12.
  • Chris Paul’s 90.4 pass-blocking efficiency rating ranked last among guards in Week 12. Washington’s left guard gave up two sacks and six quarterback hurries against Dallas.
Best player: Sam Cosmi
  • Cosmi has earned a positive grade on 19.7% of run plays, which ranks sixth among guards this season.

Just looks like PFF is covering their asses for the early no.s. Should it not be going the other way since they made a couple OL changes?  like down from 32 to their magic no. of 26? Instead of raising up from 16 to 26?