Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): Ineptitude vs. Kansas City

KDawg

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Let me know when we get one of those.

Heck I'd take even a dude like Mac Jones, he's shown me enough promise.  I am ok with a Kirk caliber QB, with a better clutch gene.  Finding the next Aaron Rodgers obviously is hard but i am willing to swing for the fences.  The only time IMO we've swung for the fences was in 2012.  The other attempts were considered reaches IMO, 2nd round caliber prospects taken in the first.  And plenty said so in real time when it happened.  

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dollars to donuts says no current guy comes here willingly unless the money is beyond absurd. 

Probably.  The season's meltdown I think is the kicker for it.  The four I think hit the market:  Wilson, Watson, Ryan, Rodgers.  I'd rule out Rodgers and Wilson.  Ryan might be doable but I don't think he's the right guy, too old and he's just good right now at best.  Watson's situation obviously is a mess and this team can't touch him for PR reasons I'd presume.  Don't know who else hits the market, maybe Derrick Carr?  I like Carr.  Stafford was the guy I wanted the most this season aside from Fields.

Some push reclamation projects because Darnold started off well.  But Darnold has since come down to earth in a big way.  Winston doesn't look hot. 

They might have to swing hard in the draft.  I do like Corral a lot.  I love Willis as a run threat, not sure i love the passer but those skills might evolve.  I haven't watched Pickett, yet.  Not sold on Howell but I don't dislike him.   I am ok with Ridder but tough for me to fall hard for him. 

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence that we haven't had any real good QBs in DC. We can't have nice things.

lol, this has crossed my mind many times.  Karma for Dan being a douche among other things.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It comes across very poorly.

We have suffered for decades. You coming in and telling us we're close is very Bruce Allen-esque.

We aren't close. Pretending like we don't know our own team and situation is an odd stance.

I appreciate you coming here and trying to be nice. And I, and I think we, understand you seem like a nice guy who means completely well.

But until you live it... and are a fan of this fanbase... You simply don't understand.

I promise I’m being sincere and not being a jerk like Bear fans are.

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Im starting to worry about how many cowboys fans im gonna have around me in December at fed ex is it even gonna be worth it for me to go havent missed skins vs cowboys in 13 years...

I hate to say it but I think Dallas will battle Arizona or the Bucs for the NFC. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bh32 said:

The Defense should be the ones that get crucified for the way they are playing,Just no excuse for how they are playing

The defense was decent in the first half. Not great, but decent. Horrible in the second half.

The offense was horrible the whole game.

They put up 13 points against a borderline historically bad defense that was allowing almost 33 points per game until today.

This loss took a lot of work on both sides of the ball.

• Like 5

At this point last season, our record was not great either - but there was some fun to the team, a bit of competence. The defense was competitive and put hurt on people. 

Unsurprisingly to anyone, given it is in our DNA but of course we regress. I don’t think anyone cares about the record. We only won 7 games last year and people were excited.

I think fans just want to see progress. Play well, look organized and do the little things right. Not this team though.

• Like 4

Well, they were who we thought they were.

As of today, we are officially the worst defense in the NFL in PPG allowed at 31, second-to last in yards allowed per game (423) and passing yards allowed per game (309).

Mahomes put up a 400 burger against us and managed to burn us with 12.5 yards every time he completed a pass.

Of course this was a complete surprise to everyone at the WTF. No one would have possible planned for this. 

Our Offense has problems, yes no doubt, but no where near the problems on D. Sad thing is Rivera is a defense minded coach?

Edited by El Mexican

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I am squarely in the you need a franchise QB to win camp, and its a large camp.  Most agree.  Some don't though and I've debated some of them.  It's cool, to each their own.  I understand the counter argument which isnt that they don't agree a big time QB helps you win but its more about they are hard to find so instead build a stellar team and if you don't find that great Qb you could still win.  But as the PFF guys like to say, the one common denominator of teams that can't get over the hump for a long time no matter what the regime -- is them lacking that QB.   I don't think its that easy in the salary cap era to build a stellar enough supporting cast to win without that QB. 

I was in Arizona years ago to watch our team manhandle them.  I talked to a few Arizona fans and they sounded really defeated.  Race forward to now, they got Kyler Murray and we don't.  They are really really good.  And we aren't.  Having that franchise QB doesn't guarantee being a winner but its the closest thing to it and there isn't a close 2nd IMO. 

But the also need a game-changing WR.  I like McLaurin but for the most part he reminds me of Garcon.  The other WRs don't seem to be able to get open, no ability to juke their coverage. Its hard to win a game if the WRs are blanketed.

Whenever the time comes that they get another QB, god I hope the guy has some height to him; these 5'11 - 6'1 QBs have a hard time seeing the field unless they roll out, so when they DO get one over 6'2, and he shows promise, the coaches cannot bail on him if he goes into a slump; most QBs have a slump, but their teams stay with them; this team lets them go because they don't know how to recognize talent...

10 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Well, they were who we thought they were.

As of today, we are officially the worst defense in the NFL in PPG allowed at 31. 31!!! Second-to last in yards allowed per game (423) and passing yards allowed per game (309).

Mahomes put up a 400 burger against us and managed to burn us with 12.5 yards every time he completed a pass.

Of course this was a complete surprise to everyone at the WTF. No one would have possible planned for this. 

Our Offense has problems, yes no doubt, but no where near the problems on D. Sad thing is Rivera is a defense minded coach?

Defense was horrible in the 2nd half, no doubt.

But some food for thought: if our offense had scored the average of what KC's defense was allowing per game coming into today (32.6 points), we still would have won, despite the defense folding in the 2nd half.

We scored less than half of that. The offense was terrible.

Edited by mistertim

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Defense was horrible in the 2nd half, no doubt.

But some food for thought: if our offense had scored the average of what KC's defense was allowing per game coming into today (32.6 points), we still would have won, despite the defense folding in the 2nd half.

We scored less than half of that. The offense was terrible.

The defense has had 5 first round picks and millions in FA dollars invested in it. They get zero benefit of the doubt. They should be good (whatever that means in 2021 for defense) every week. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

The Defense should be the ones that get crucified for the way they are playing,Just no excuse for how they are playing

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

What defense?

Why do you think they changed the name from Redskins to Football Team? 

No D. 

27 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

The defense has had 5 first round picks and millions in FA dollars invested in it. They get zero benefit of the doubt. They should be good (whatever that means in 2021 for defense) every week. 

It's not about benefit of the doubt or no benefit of the doubt. It's about what happened on the field.

The defense gave up 31 points. That's almost exactly what KC's offense had been averaging before this game (30.8 points per game).

The offense scored 13 points. That's less than half of what KC's defense had been allowing before this game (32.6 points per game).

Which one performed worse given those two numbers?

27 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

*against crappy backup QBs. 

it was an illusion (mirage? Whatever, I’m having a few beers to forget i cheer for this garbage team...) 

26 minutes ago, duffy said:

d2pluyx-61dc209c-1f2a-4839-be84-fae6d2aa2fe4.png

It was sure a dream that it is not this year though....

d.png

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Im starting to worry about how many cowboys fans im gonna have around me in December at fed ex is it even gonna be worth it for me to go havent missed skins vs cowboys in 13 years...

In Landover? Likely bargain basement tickets? You're going to be overrun 😂