Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition) - Washin @TL

KDawg

24 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The recent roster rules confuse me a bit.  Let’s say Brown and Simms are unavailable this week.  Can we dress Harmon and AGG without adding them to the 53?

I’d imagine they’d add a CB for Bostic’s spot especially if BSJ is still out.

I assume they add two with Mctyer gone as well. We’ll probably see more Hudson and Mayo.

39 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Gibson needs a complimentary bellcow. People have gotten so mad at me for saying it but it’s true. I’d love a RB corp. of Gibson/McKissick/Patterson/Bellcow

I think really every team just about needs a 1-2 RB tandem.  Keep both RBs fresh.  In the first game, they clearly wore Antonio out.  It brings some change of pace because RBs have different styles. 

It's a rough position to stay healthy, these guys take a beating.  And you want these guys fresh for cold weather football later in the season.   You can't have your running game fall flat especially late in the season (like what happened last year) if you lose your RB.  

Love Gibson but yeah we definitely need another guy who could take over and be a bellcow type to complement him and take over if he gets hurt. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

The trouble with Bostic was that he should have been depth, not starting.

On a different topic, I thought it was strategic for the team not to use the "good" two point conversion plays this early in the season. No need to tip your hand. 😉🤦‍♂️

:229:The Rook

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

The recent roster rules confuse me a bit.  Let’s say Brown and Simms are unavailable this week.  Can we dress Harmon and AGG without adding them to the 53?

I’d imagine they’d add a CB for Bostic’s spot especially if BSJ is still out.

Not necessarily. They could have McCain play slot CB, which he started his career doing, and move Fuller outside. In that event, they'd still need a DB and it could make sense to call Reaves up

With Bostic out, this becomes an ideal landing spot for Bernardrick McKinney if he wants to play this year

Gah, those injuries suck.

Excited to see Reyes out there. He will have an oppo to make a bit of a splash. Plus he gets a whole week to prepare, rather than being inserted mid game due to injury. Great scenario for him.

If Samuel responds well from last week, we might see him involved in the rushing attack this week, which is exciting.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Not sure what thread to put this in, but Mark Sanchez is an even worse announcer than he was a player.

Sanchez: 

"They audibled to the bottom of your screen here"

*Play goes to top of the screen*

"They're sending pressure off the edge here"

*Guy on edge drops into coverage*

"They're in Cover 3 here"

*They're not in Cover 3 here*

He's trying to do like Romo does sometimes and show off his defensive reading skills; only he has never been that good at reading defenses. I actually think it makes for great television, adding something else for me to be cynical about during the game.

Edited by IrepDC
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We have 8 solid offensive linemen who sat the quietly all offseason, listening to all the bull**** and hype around our defensive line and are then coming out being the leagues best group of maulers.

They are playing well, and have been consistent. I'd like us to run the ball a little more and lean on that. Especially if our D ever comes to play.

But TH has also helped the sack numbers. His pocket presence and ability to avoid pressure is really good.

I also wanna see at least 1 Sam Cosmi Tackle eligble TD.

• Like 1

They're good but not that good.  The RBWR stats are a product of us not running the ball enough and generally doing so against favorable fronts and our run game hasn't actually been very effective.  And the pass blocking performance has been majorly boosted by Heinicke's rare ability to read and manage his pressures.  One of the first things this OL did this year was get it's pocket bound QB severely injured.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

They are playing well, and have been consistent. I'd like us to run the ball a little more and lean on that. Especially if our D ever comes to play.

But TH has also helped the sack numbers. His pocket presence and ability to avoid pressure is really good.

Hey Morne remember me? I hope all is well with you buddy.

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think really every team just about needs a 1-2 RB tandem.  Keep both RBs fresh.  In the first game, they clearly wore Antonio out.  It brings some change of pace because RBs have different styles. 

It's a rough position to stay healthy, these guys take a beating.  And you want these guys fresh for cold weather football later in the season.   You can't have your running game fall flat especially late in the season (like what happened last year) if you lose your RB.  

Love Gibson but yeah we definitely need another guy who could take over and be a bellcow type to complement him and take over if he gets hurt. 

100% agree. Been preaching this since the Tampa Bay game when Gibson was clearly hurt/worn out (in my opinion cost us the game more than any other single factor). Would be nice if Patterson turns into an every down back that can spell Gibson (jury's out on that obviously).

22 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Spot on about how TH is helping keep the sack rate numbers low. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Hey Morne remember me? I hope all is well with you buddy.

Of course! I'm doing well, and I know you're happy to have Randall Cobb back! ;)

Always good to see you hanging around, you're one of the best non Redskin fans here!

11 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Of course! I'm doing well, and I know you're happy to have Randall Cobb back! ;)

Always good to see you hanging around, you're one of the best non Redskin fans here!

Much love to you guys. Congratulations on your win Sunday. Yes I love having Cobb back.

38 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They're good but not that good.  The RBWR stats are a product of us not running the ball enough and generally doing so against favorable fronts and our run game hasn't actually been very effective.  And the pass blocking performance has been majorly boosted by Heinicke's rare ability to read and manage his pressures.  One of the first things this OL did this year was get it's pocket bound QB severely injured.

Hey Steve!

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure that was a waterpark.

When is Fitz due back?

• Like 1