Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition) - Washin @TL

KDawg

14 hours ago, Burgold said:

Stephen Hawking would have made more tackles today and he's not only a quardriplegic, but dead.

This, my friends, is topnotch, next level hyperbole.🤣  Hyperbole in its highest form!  This example should be used in high school literature books around the world.

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 1

Keeping Carter for kick/punt returns was a great move. Just knowing that we have a pro back there who's a threat is one less thing to worry about. 

Hopkins time may be up....unless there's no one better out there. His struggles are getting ridiculous. Stephen Gostkowski available?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Keeping Carter for kick/punt returns was a great move. Just knowing that we have a pro back there who's a threat is one less thing to worry about. 

Hopkins time may be up....unless there's no one better out there. His struggles are getting ridiculous. Stephen Gostkowski available?

Yup, and then he will sign with another team and kick 40 consecutive FGs lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One thing I would like to say is that this preseason I was very down on Deandre Carter, I said he didn't belong on the team and should be cut in favor of giving rookies like Dax Milne and Jarret Paterson a chance. I was wrong. He is a good kick returner and I'm glad we have him on this team. 

Side note. Who even returns punts for us? I feel like I never see us return punts because the opposing offense seems to score on every, single, ****ing, drive. 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

One thing I would like to say is that this preseason I was very down on Deandre Carter, I said he didn't belong on the team and should be cut in favor of giving rookies like Dax Milne and Jarret Paterson a chance. I was wrong. He is a good kick returner and I'm glad we have him on this team. 

Side note. Who eve returns punts for us? I feel like I never see us return punts because the opposing offense seems to score on every, single, ****ing, drive. 

It's supposed to be Carter... but we've received what like 4 punts this year so far? lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

It's supposed to be Carter... but we've received what like 4 punts this year so far? lol

Likely. He's received 3 punts for the year, with a 9.3 average. He's been a big boost on special teams.

And that big catch on the final drive was clutch. Really glad we have him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I think he also had at least one reception. He might be a weapon if he makes a catch in the open field and can use his return skills after the catch.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The audacity of Bobby McCain to be running his mouth to the media...Didn't he get trampled by Mike Davis en route to the score that put the Falcons up 8?  And I'm pretty sure I saw him on the wrong side of a few other bad plays as well.  Not just this week, but every week.

This defense making Patterson look like a Hall of Famer is rather humiliating.

Dustin Hopkins - damn homey, 2 extra points?  This could simply be an anecdotal observation, but it sure seems like he gets more turn on his kicks than others.  Similar to a golfer, it appears he's always going for the draw, but has a tendency to block it right, and it just never turns over.

That right hash mark is Hopkins Bermuda Triangle.

Edited by Chris 44

56 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Side note. Who even returns punts for us? I feel like I never see us return punts because the opposing offense seems to score on every, single, ****ing, drive. 

I think I read prior to the game that Atlanta hadn't let a KR or PR returned for a TD and that it would be a good bet.

Maybe that was on Riggo's Rag, but anyway that was a great call :)

And great blocking from the Return team because Carter had a field day on this one.

Every game I've moaned about Carter's kick returns. He just runs straight forward and gets tackled immediately. What on earth happened yesterday? It was a thing of beauty. Some nice blocking, it wasn't as if he was juking all over the field. Nice team effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Every game I've moaned about Carter's kick returns. He just runs straight forward and gets tackled immediately. What on earth happened yesterday? It was a thing of beauty. Some nice blocking, it wasn't as if he was juking all over the field. Nice team effort.

Bates had a heck of block on one of the last players who had a shot at Carter.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, ZarG3 said:

Yup, and then he will sign with another team and kick 40 consecutive FGs lol

So how long you would keep Hopkins before he becomes a liability. We almost lost because of him and if the Giants player didn't flinch. He lost us 2 points yesterday too and the offense has to score a TD because there is no trust from Hopkins right now. If the game is on the line Hopkins is the last thing anyone is thinking of. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO our most underrated player as for love from fans and the media. 

He's been awesome this year.  He's one of our smartest players and his blitz pick up and run game work from our spread looks have been a revelation for me.  I knew he was smart coming into this season, but I had been down on him during the offseason because of how slow he looked last year.  This year he looks much more explosive and powerful, and has been viable in goal line situations.

TBH he's outplayed Gibson in most of our games this season, and his made his case for a bigger workload.  Gibson was pressing yesterday and had trouble setting up his blocks and finding his lanes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's been awesome this year.  He's one of our smartest players and his blitz pick up and run game work from our spread looks have been a revelation for me.  I knew he was smart coming into this season, but I had been down on him during the offseason because of how slow he looked last year.  This year he looks much more explosive and powerful, and has been viable in goal line situations.

TBH he's outplayed Gibson in most of our games this season, and his made his case for a bigger workload.  Gibson was pressing yesterday and had trouble setting up his blocks and finding his lanes.

I was talking about Jonathan Allen as being the most underrated, I think he comes off as the least sexy of the O lineman as far as freak ability and in turn doesn't seem to get the same love as to the others.

But I do agree with your point on McKissic.  He's played well. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

That YouTube doc was amazing 

Secret Base has some of the best videos on the platform right now. The Seattle Mariners one made a baseball fan out of my partner and we had a ball watching the Falcons one. They're doing what I've been spending a lifetime trying to do: making sports relevant to non-sports fans.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was talking about Jonathan Allen as being the most underrated, I think he comes off as the least sexy of the O lineman as far as freak ability and in turn doesn't seem to get the same love as to the others.

I love that guy.  He's more than the sum of his parts, and his leadership is the counterpoint to Chase's.  Where Chase is the ball of energy who is going to be boosting everyone up and getting them hyped, Allen is more stoic.  He's the hard-ass who leads by example.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Any report on McTyer?  He looked to be clutching his knee after the hail mary pile fell on him?  I hope he's fine as he was playing well.  

I saw a note on a WaPo article stating he was carted off after the game with a lower leg injury. Didn't sound good. Hope he's ok, though. He's got some talent.