Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Not exactly. If they slide or otherwise give themselves up, yes. But otherwise, no. 

(1) “If a runner (including a quarterback) gives himself up, then he is down where the first body part touches the ground. The runner should not benefit from additional yardage after the first body part touches. Defenders do not have to go down to initiate contact to stop a runner from gaining more yards after he contacts the ground.”

(2) “Quarterbacks and all runners should be reminded that they must give themselves up early, and that if a defender has committed to a tackle, contact may occur. However, that contact cannot be late or to the head or neck area of the player who gave himself up.”

(3) “A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up. Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenceless posture.”

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol I’ve seen posts here declaring Fields a bust and I’ve seen posts here saying we should have drafted him. I love this place.

Doesn't matter. The point remains- This league is offensive driven. Pool every single ****ing asset into finding an elite QB. Start there and build. That's it.  I would trade every single first round D-lineman we drafted, for Josh Allen. Every single one. And if that fails? trade every single first round pick to move up and try again. Every time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Del Rio made an extremely talented Denver defense average. The second Wade Phillips took over, they dominated. People just liked the hire because he used to be a head coach and was a big name. 

I liked it because he was a very good DC in the past.   He is clearly out of touch and or pushing a philosophy or concept that isn't panning out.