Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

On 9/30/2022 at 7:19 PM, SpacePenguin said:

I'd be shocked if you didn't stand up for your actual team's players.

Please stop with this dumb ****. I could be watching a great game between two teams atop their divisions today, but no. I'll be watching the toilet bowl and I'll be excited about our gaggle of losers because they're finally wearing an awful black uniform, which I've waited my entire life for. 

It even has a white people taco holder on the forehead. If that doesn't shriek of pathetic fandom of this garbage can of a franchise, than I don't know what does.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

On 10/2/2022 at 5:47 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Please stop with this dumb ****. I could be watching a great game between two teams atop their divisions today, but no. I'll be watching the toilet bowl and I'll be excited about our gaggle of losers because they're finally wearing an awful black uniform, which I've waited my entire life for. 

It even has a white people taco holder on the forehead. If that doesn't shriek of pathetic fandom of this garbage can of a franchise, than I don't know what does.

I'm not gonna stop because it's funny to me, but the tone wasn't meant to be serious. You're more positive about whatever this team is supposed to be than I have been for years. That probably makes you more of a fan of it, in some ways 

On the other hand, the black jerseys against the cowboys disgusted me to a level that I didn't even think was possible. Really doesn't even feel like the same franchise anymore.

So yeah, you got two teams and still like this Steelers minor league team more than I do. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or pity you though.

Sorry? 😆

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

I'm not gonna stop because it's funny to me, but the tone wasn't meant to be serious. You're more positive about whatever this team is supposed to be than I have been for years. That probably makes you more of a fan of it, in some ways 

On the other hand, the black jerseys against the cowboys disgusted me to a level that I didn't even think was possible. Really doesn't even feel like the same franchise anymore.

So yeah, you got two teams and still like this Steelers minor league team more than I do. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or pity you though.

Sorry? 😆

Waited my whole life for a black uniform and I couldn't even bare to look at it. 

You can keep this team. It's all yours.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Waited my whole life for a black uniform and I couldn't even bare to look at it. 

You can keep this team. It's all yours.

I just want the secret of how to care about any other franchise. 

This isn't me gatekeeping, it's closer to jealousy! ;)

Anyways, to try to stay on topic....I don't think the defense has played bad. Middle of the pack, sure...but they've been put in the worst spots over and over by a combination of baby turner's (who I've never been impressed with) pass happy scheme mixed with one of the worst pass blocking lines that I've seen for years.  I don't think it's fair to pile on Wentz, but he sure isn't the type of QB that thrives on getting the ball out quick, either.

Seems silly to bother discussing though....It's not like they will fire one of the two coordinators. If they go, it'll be Ron's whole crew.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 1

I said this last week and I believe strongly that in 2023 it would be awesome to move to a 3-4 to optimize the current pieces. Given the season he is having, you have to keep Payne. Unlike the last time we ran a 3-4, you have to let Payne play end and now you have Mathis and Ridgeway to play NT. Also trade Sweat this offseason and make Jamin into a 3-4 OLB. Rushing the passer is Jamin's top skill and I think he can be a guy that gets you 10+ sacks as an OLB opposite Chase. Leaves you needing a true MLB and another starting caliber CB as must gets (while letting Fuller and Jackson go). Would also be nice to get a true single high FS but this approach would leave you with far fewer holes. What screwed us the past decade with the 3-4 is that we had idiots running it. Get a stud DC who masters a 3-4 and put that person in charge.

• Like 1

Jon Allen on the junkies today said “when we do get it turned around, keep that same energy” (referring to frustrated commanders fans)

now, I like the guy, but……huh? What does that even mean? That people that are frustrated (and rightfully so) shouldn’t be able to change into being happy if the team turns it around? The **** kinda logic is that?? 

31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jon Allen on the junkies today said “when we do get it turned around, keep that same energy” (referring to frustrated commanders fans)

now, I like the guy, but……huh? What does that even mean? That people that are frustrated (and rightfully so) shouldn’t be able to change into being happy if the team turns it around? The **** kinda logic is that?? 

Reminds me of something a wise man once said, "Don't be a fan later!".

Anyways, I'd give Allen a pass seeing as how he's probably sick of having to answer for the team's poor play when he's one of the few players that consistently performs well. It's not like there's much he can do to improve the roster management.

47 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I would think he means keep the same level of energy but in that outcome it will be in a positive way and not negative.

The biggest issue for me with that comment is that he thinks we are going to get it turned around :ols:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I would think he means keep the same level of energy but in that outcome it will be in a positive way and not negative.

The biggest issue for me with that comment is that he thinks we are going to get it turned around :ols:

Ah. Well that would make more sense. Guess I misunderstood the meaning then. 

33 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The phrase is simply another way of saying don’t jump on the bandwagon when we’re good.

It’s a bad look for Jon to say that, primarily because it’s not the first time he’s said it, nor is he the first on this team to say it.  Dating back to the end of Jay’s days here til now, I’ve heard some version of this multiple times.

I get it, he knows nothing but empty stadiums, stadiums filled with opposing fans, and fans generally trolling the organization.  I’m sure it gets incredibly frustrating and when he signed that extension here, he really thought in his heart of hearts, things will get turned around.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The phrase is simply another way of saying don’t jump on the bandwagon when we’re good.

It’s a bad look for Jon to say that, primarily because it’s not the first time he’s said it, nor is he the first on this team to say it.  Dating back to the end of Jay’s days here til now, I’ve heard some version of this multiple times.

I get it, he knows nothing but empty stadiums, stadiums filled with opposing fans, and fans generally trolling the organization.  I’m sure it gets incredibly frustrating and when he signed that extension here, he really thought in his heart of hearts, things will get turned around.  

Ah…..so I was right in my understanding of the phrase after all. Jeez you people keep confusing me, one person telling me it means something else, you telling me it means exactly what I thought it meant 😂

Just silly logic that people that frustrated NOW can’t somehow cheer if they do get it turned around. He’s wrong for having that mindset. Did he expect people to be all sunshine and roses at 1-3?? Lmaoooo

What I heard Jon Allen say was keep the same energy that fans have about losing when they start winning.  It wasn't a bad thing.  He also said JDR has been doing a lot of adjusting so we'll see where that leads and he really likes RR, that he is an excellent leader.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have heard that same stupid line for several years now. Quite sick of hearing it, frankly. When is this " being good and winning " stuff going to happen? So I can keep the same energy??? I wouldn't be surprised if multiple Washington players have used that worn out, unoriginal cliche for the last 30 years. I know I've heard it a bunch of times. Still waiting on the so called turnaround, that's supposedly supposed to happen.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He’s using the phrase differently than I’ve ever known it, which is why I think they asked for clarification.  Glad he cleared that up.  

I have always heard it the same way you are referring to. That phrase has always had negative connotations to it. Like don't pretend to support me or be my fan when I'm actually good. Which will be never, apparently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

the passion baby! 

the loudness of the complaints should be drowned out by the roar of success!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

I just want the secret of how to care about any other franchise. 

This isn't me gatekeeping, it's closer to jealousy! ;)

Anyways, to try to stay on topic....I don't think the defense has played bad. Middle of the pack, sure...but they've been put in the worst spots over and over by a combination of baby turner's (who I've never been impressed with) pass happy scheme mixed with one of the worst pass blocking lines that I've seen for years.  I don't think it's fair to pile on Wentz, but he sure isn't the type of QB that thrives on getting the ball out quick, either.

Seems silly to bother discussing though....It's not like they will fire one of the two coordinators. If they go, it'll be Ron's whole crew.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football and text

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

An objective argument can be made that after 4 weeks we have the worst combination of offense and defense in the entire league.

Our D is unfairly dogged by a non-NFL Offense tho. They are basically playing with weights tied to them when the O can't maintain drives, can't score, scores on itself and turns the ball over a bunch.

The D is not good, but if they didn't have to carry the additional weight of a horrifically under performing Offense that hangs them out to dry more than it helps them, I have no doubt they would not be it contention for the NFLs worst D.

• Thumb up 1

18 hours ago, HigSkin said:

What I heard Jon Allen say was keep the same energy that fans have about losing when they start winning.  It wasn't a bad thing.  He also said JDR has been doing a lot of adjusting so we'll see where that leads and he really likes RR, that he is an excellent leader.

Thanks for posting this Higgy.

Actually listening to what Allen says in context makes it clear that he either wasn't disparaging the fans OR he was smart enough to immediately clean it up once a follow-up clarification was requested by the questioner.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1