Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the "It Factor?"

ThomasRoane

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think to me the "It factor" is mostly about making the biggest plays when the team needs it most, playing your best when it's the most important, and never being fazed by how big the stage is or how important the game is.

That requires high confidence, extreme focus (see Terry's amazing catch as noted above by @ThomasRoane), having a short memory for mistakes, and the ability to remain calm and composed in highly stressful situations.

TM, you just described Taylor Heinicke, as he demonstrated every one of these characteristics against the Giants and the Bucs. Maybe that was your intent?

1. Making the biggest plays when the team needs it most: CHECK

2. Playing your best when it's the most important: CHECK

3, Never being fazed by how big the stage is or how important the game is: CHECK

4. High Confidence: CHECK

5. Extreme focus: CHECK

6. Having a short memory for mistakes: CHECK

7. The ability to remain calm and composed in highly stressful situations: CHECK

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

Should we trade up and pick "IT" in the third round of next years draft?

LOL well done.

One thing we should not do again is trade up or draft a QB based on one good year in College.  I'd imagine the Jets fans are suffering from buyers remorse after this weekend.  Zach Wilson looks awful!

1 hour ago, ODU AGGIE said:

TM, you just described Taylor Heinicke, as he demonstrated every one of these characteristics against the Giants and the Bucs. Maybe that was your intent?

1. Making the biggest plays when the team needs it most: CHECK

2. Playing your best when it's the most important: CHECK

3, Never being fazed by how big the stage is or how important the game is: CHECK

4. High Confidence: CHECK

5. Extreme focus: CHECK

6. Having a short memory for mistakes: CHECK

7. The ability to remain calm and composed in highly stressful situations: CHECK

As much as I like TH and am hoping he truly has "it" we do need to see him for the rest of the season.  If more of his games are like the NYG performance than I'll be a believer.  This week is really a big game for him.  Playing @ Buffalo will be a sturdy test.  He'll have plenty of time to prepare and game plan.  Not going to put winning the game on his shoulders but he should not be the reason the team loses.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

LOL well done.

One thing we should not do again is trade up or draft a QB based on one good year in College.  I'd imagine the Jets fans are suffering from buyers remorse after this weekend.  Zach Wilson looks awful!

Yeah the one year of production in college thing is a bit worrisome to me as well. I was pretty shocked when SF traded 3 1sts to take a small school QB with 1 year of production (not even 1 good year after other mediocre ones...only 1 year of starting period).

IIRC Shanny and Jay were both guys who also weren't high on taking QBs who didn't have multiple years starting in college.

I really like Zach Wilson's skillset and I liked him coming out, but yeah...he really looked bad on Sunday. Though of course every rookie QB has had horrible games their first year so I'm not going to make too many long term judgements based on it.

• Like 1

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

His Home games in Washington have been very much like playing on the road

I'm assuming there's some truth but also a healthy dose of sarcasm in this comment but realistically any crowd noise he's faced to this point will pale in comparison to what he'll face in Buffalo. 

Those fans are damn close to Seattle when it comes to energy. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 6:00 PM, CapsSkins said:

It’s easy to define the “It” factor. Just take Kurt Cousins and do the exact opposite. That’s “it”.

The guy who always looked like he was about to puke all over his shoes in every big moment ever here?

Fail Minnesota Vikings GIF by The Ringer

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

sofy GIFThe total package.  You either got “IT” or ya don’t.  

OMG You Can't Unsee That! 

Screaming Oh God GIF by Film Riot

• Haha 2

It?….there’s no moment too large.  Matter of fact, those with “it” thrive under the spotlight.  They have an energy, an infectious energy, that never says die regardless of how the chips are stacked.  “It” is easy to follow because “it” gets it done when it matters most.  

• Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 5:51 PM, zskins said:

It is like me when I am driving really fast and can change lanes between two cars without looking into the side mirrors because I can feel the clearance I need to go around and between two cars doing 95 MPH (I don't recommend people actually do this if they don't have the force). :)

You must be one of those F&F jackoffs that I want to run over with my jeep. 😜

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1