Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you eating right now?

Spaceman Spiff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FB-IMG-1715107755019.jpg

Since I have a gluten allergy I could not partake in all the options but...

FB-IMG-1715107748681.jpg

Escargot in garlic

FB-IMG-1715107738860.jpg

Duck breast with peaches and mixed vegetables 

FB-IMG-1715107743388.jpg

Raspberry souffle with rhubarb compote (this is done somehow gluten free). 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Not really any need for gluten in a souffle or compote. 

In fact it would be a little weird if you added flour. 

I'm in Paris at the moment, so I suspect what they were adding to souffles added the gluten.

That place was ****ing amazing though nonetheless. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm in Paris at the moment, so I suspect what they were adding to souffles added the gluten.

That place was ****ing amazing though nonetheless. 

Oh I see, the place specializes in souffles and some of them have ingredients that contain gluten. Sorry I didn't catch that at first. 

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

Oh I see, the place specializes in souffles and some of them have ingredients that contain gluten. Sorry I didn't catch that at first. 

No worries. I just have to watch what I have as my allergy causes major discomfort (but at least its not celiacs).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was never a big avocado guy other that guac.  Kind of slimy with not much taste.  I tried avocado toast from Dunkin and it was only OK. Then I saw a FB friend post a pick of avocado toast with scrambled eggs. I added a slice of really good cheddar and now it's our favorite breakfast. I use the spread on a turkey sandwich and it is fantastic. I can't believe I have been sleeping on how good avocado is. 

Not eating it right now, but this morning I stopped by Wendy's to try their $3 breakfast combo: English muffin, egg, cheese & bacon w/ a side of small seasoned potatoes. It was good & the price is perfect. I've never had it & don't eat breakfast out often, maybe once a month if I have an early morning delivery. Last month i had an Egg McMuffin & potatoes that cost $8.46! I hadn't been in a while and the sticker shock means I won't go back to McD's. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Kinda breakfast but I'm eating smoked trout on bagels for dinner tonight.  Had a decent trip up to the mountains in AZ last weekend. 

Saw the single most extreme case of maga idiocy I've had the displeasure to witness at a cafe in Alpine, AZ.  Place was totally decorated with militia, second amendment, snarky anti-biden posters and a mat at the cash register picturing Biden, pelosi and harris saying wipe here and here and here.  They had a strict no cell phone policy, the ****ing cowards, or I would have taken pics for you guys.  

IMG_20240523_173147633.jpg

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Like 1