Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 Preseason - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Bengals

TheShredder
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.f8666962f6009cd82a72d56f2b9cd3a7.png

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

When I think of Milne, I question what his upside is here.  We’ve gotten young and good at the position.  I can’t see him threatening McLaurin, Samuel, or Brown.  Add in AGG and it’s going to be hard for him to get on the field over the next few seasons.

I see your point, but also agreeing with you that the top of the depth chart is pretty locked in for the foreseeable future, I think Milne is a safe bet for a wr5 or wr6 on an affordable contract for the next 4 years.   I think he would make humphries expendable for next season.  

My final thoughts:

The defense and OL were absolutely dominate when it mattered. 

Patterson is our second best RB. And it aint close. 

Got a new man crush on Rotimi. Or maybe it is just my stomach talking.

Logan Thomas is lined up to have a huge season. 

Liked seeing Hopkins bounce back this week.

Bradley King flashed again this week. 

Our Cheerleaders need more work than the team. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Lets make a "He won't make it to the PS" thread. I contend no one can predict that one guy that may get plucked. I think most years, none get taken.

If we ever make Malcolm Kelly available, we will regret it for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man, WRs not making this easy....

Terry

Samuel

Hump

Brown

Cam is the starting outside WR until we see otherwise

I'm not ready to move on from AGG

Carter/Jr/Dax cuz somebody has to return punts, and they seem to be the only realistic options as Danny J will have a hard time making the roster.

Short of cutting Cam how do we not carry 7 guys...

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I'd like to see all 3 QB's in the next game but I know that's probably not happening.

There's a big fat question mark on this offense going into the season.

I could see Fitz in one series just because sometimes a coach wants to leave the preaseason with a good taste in their mouth. So, give him one more chance to lead a really strong drive and then sit everyone. But I don't know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Borgold said:

I could see Fitz in one series just because sometimes a coach wants to leave the preaseason with a good taste in their mouth. So, give him one more chance to lead a really strong drive and then sit everyone. But I don't know.

I'd certainly like to see him have one good drive next week. That's all though. I'd like Heineke to get half the game. 

• Like 2

Patterson will return everything.  It'll count towards his RB pounding and Gibson will take up a few extra carries.  That means we don't need someone who starts there but backs up elsewhere much lower.  Patterson needs all the NFL work he can get and he's fresher than he'll ever be.  Patto drill.

• Like 1

If our linebacker play is above average, our defense will be topnotch.  That's a pretty big if. Davis needs to progress, and we don't have great depth at the position. The d-line and secondary are strong and deep. 

Our problems in the red zone were frustrating tonight. We'll need to diagnose and solve that problem. Nevertheless, we were in the red zone on several occasions, so I'm glass half full on the offense. Our weapons can play. The O-line is above average and improving. 

Patterson.

• Like 1