Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rest in peace Capt. Kaos

Forehead

Posting this one with a heavy heart.  ES lost one of its brothers last night, Capt Kaos.  Both he and his wife got sick with Covid a few weeks ago and unfortunately , Jon wasn't able to pull through.

Back when I was a season ticket holder and a regular at the ES tailgates, Jon was one of my favorite people to hang out with.  We shared a lot of laughs and a lot of booze.  He brought his daughter with him several times when she was in elementary school; she's now in college I believe.  Several of us watched her grow up, and laughed at Kaos as he tried to raise her a Skins fan while shielding her from all the debauchery going on around them.  Jon moved out of the area a little while ago and since I stopped becoming a regular at the tailgates, I'm not sure how long it has been since he attended regularly.  Some of the newer additions to the group may not know him but all of the old timers knew who he was and shared a ton of food, drink, and good times.

The last time I saw Jon was a few years ago when we bought my wife's new car from him, and he was kind enough to make a throat-slitting gesture at his finance person so she wouldn't waste our time trying to hard sell us on all the upgrades.

Jon had a great crap-stirring sense of humor.  I think his legacy on this board would have to be "The season is over" thread, which he posted in the Stadium after a single loss to see how many people he could get riled up.  Several tailgate regulars joined in to egg things on and keep it going.  It was one of the best uses of ninja text the group ever performed.  I'm hoping a mod can locate that and maybe pin it for a few days so everyone can enjoy that memory.

Our thoughts to his wife and daughter.  Jon was a genuinely good guy and will be missed by everyone who hung out with him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 52

Our Tailgate and the world lost a great guy last night... I am just having a hard time processing this. He was a great friend always quick with a smile. Die Hard fan even through the darkest days. He was a staple and a rock at our tailgates. 

image.png.6c45749af8ea98e3907346e17fcbb847.png

Edited by pez
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I am still at a loss for words.  The shock from the news this morning just crushed me.  Jon was amazing.  He helped me with so many projects through the years.  Especially Chief Z.  He had a heart of gold and loved everyone of us.  He would cheer you up after a loss and make you laugh or we would cheer together after a big win.  His daughter even did a school essay on the ES Tailgate.  Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Logged in for the first time in about 7 years to bid farewell to our friend. Or in better wording, to say see you later. I've met Jon just a few times in the passing years, most of my time with him has been his online presence. From my interactions it's not a secret that he was a great dude. Anyone who ever read a post or spoke with him, you'd instantly know that. 

Rest peacefully, brother 👍

IMG_20210813_095720.png

Edited by praise_gibbs
  • Like 11

The first time my wife and I attended the ES tailgate it was Jon that was the first person to recognize we were new, and very lost and confused, and greeted us. 

I can’t say we formed a personal relationship because we had our own tailgate and only sporadically swung by the ES one… but I can confirm what everyone else is saying. I don’t believe I ever had a thought about him other than - what a nice dude that’s fun to be around 

RIP. Far too few people like him in the world, sucks we lost one. 

• Like 4

• TK pinned this topic

I'm real sorry to hear about this. I have been following his FB page with daily updates from Andrea.

I first met Chaos at the ES Tailgate in 2012. It was the MNF game against the Giants. Me Chaos, Chief Z, and former Skins LB Robert Henson talked football and current events. One of the most memorable night games I ever had as a Skins fan

Jon was a very good man and high class Redskins fan - on the same level as @pez and @Huly

My thought are with Darrien and Andrea 

• Like 2

Wow. That’s so tragically sad…

So, I’ve been around these boards for a long time and Kaos was a great, great guy. As someone mentioned, one of his most memorable moments here was “the season is over…” thread. Boy did we have great fun with that. Thanks for bringing that up, cause it was a passive memory.

When I was first invited to an ES tailgate, eons ago, it was Capt Kaos who reached out. He got my cell number somehow. I forget. What I won’t forget is what he said to me. “We’ll get some social lubricant in you and you’ll have a great time.” It was the first time I can clearly recall alcohol being called a social lubricant. It stuck with me and I still use the euphemism to this day.

Just a genuine good man. It’s sad to lose him.

6 hours ago, Forehead said:

From Draft Day 2009, when several us decided to meet at FedEx before the sun came up and ring in draft day...then proceed to drink and party for 16 hours while welcoming the newest members of the team.  I was Phoward12 at this point.

I think I was there for this. This was the Orakpo draft, no? The search for Slacky’s missing keys. MTH with the grill work. Fond memories.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is this the first member the forum has lost to COVID?  I feel like we have been very lucky in that regard.  May be a testament to the level of intelligence on the forum.

Highly doubtful. If he hadn’t been part of the tailgate group and connected with people on social media, we probably would have never known. With 600k+ deaths in this country, pretty good chance there’s at least a couple others that just stopped posting one day. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Wow. That’s so tragically sad…

So, I’ve been around these boards for a long time and Kaos was a great, great guy. As someone mentioned, one of his most memorable moments here was “the season is over…” thread. Boy did we have great fun with that. Thanks for bringing that up, cause it was a passive memory.

When I was first invited to an ES tailgate, eons ago, it was Capt Kaos who reached out. He got my cell number somehow. I forget. What I won’t forget is what he said to me. “We’ll get some social lubricant in you and you’ll have a great time.” It was the first time I can clearly recall alcohol being called a social lubricant. It stuck with me and I still use the euphemism to this day.

Just a genuine good man. It’s sad to lose him.

I think I was there for this. This was the Orakpo draft, no? The search for Slacky’s missing keys. MTH with the grill work. Fond memories.

Yes, this was the Orakpo draft.  You forgot Mike In Alexandria making the same "Dirty Sanchez" joke about Mark Sanchez about 100 times, and the infamous "Pukes on Own Shoes Guy"

That was a great day, great memory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is this the first member the forum has lost to COVID?  I feel like we have been very lucky in that regard.  May be a testament to the level of intelligence on the forum.

There's a few folks that @Malapropismic Depository noticed were missing last year.  @StillUnknown is one, right off the top of my head.

• Sad 3