Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

24 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Is SF being a bit overrated?

Wouldn't say it's a matter of them being over or underrated, more the style of football they play makes them a tough out for any team.  I truly believe they have the roster that Rivera would like to have for the most part.  They are fast & physical and play very disciplined football.  They are the nightmare scenario for the Cowboys in the opening round because of how they match up with them.

We already are seeing because of the 49ers running game Dallas isn't going to simply  get to let Parsons line up and rush the QB every single play and so far he is being blocked out of every single play pretty easily.   Also, Trent likely has no love lost for the Cowboys and is probably looking forward to mauling tf out of any defender who tries to get by him.    Jimmy G is and has been the question mark.  When he is good Jimmy he can be the cherry on top but bad Jimmy can hinder the offense.

I think with Jimmy, they tend to run the same kinds of routes over and over due to the speed of their skill players and sometimes Jimmy gets inaccurate with his timing and throws.

Edited by NoCalMike

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Remember when people around here thought Kyle Shanahan was a no-nothing bum?

Maybe this is revisionist history, but I remember folks being frustrated with him like any other OC sometimes, but most knew talent was walking out the door when we got rid of him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Wouldn't say it's a matter of them being over or underrated, more the style of football they play makes them a tough out for any team.  I truly believe they have the roster that Rivera would like to have for the most part.  They are fast & physical and play very disciplined football.  They are the nightmare scenario for the Cowboys in the opening round because of how they match up with them.

We already are seeing because of the 49ers running game Dallas isn't going to simply  get to let Parsons line up and rush the QB every single play and so far he is being blocked out of every single play pretty easily.   Also, Trent likely has no love lost for the Cowboys and is probably looking forward to mauling tf out of any defender who tries to get by him.    Jimmy G is and has been the question mark.  When he is good Jimmy he can be the cherry on top but bad Jimmy can hinder the offense.

I think with Jimmy, they tend to run the same kinds of routes over and over due to the speed of their skill players and sometimes Jimmy gets inaccurate with his timing and throws.

That is oddly exactly what happened...

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Maybe this is revisionist history, but I remember folks being frustrated with him like any other OC sometimes, but most knew talent was walking out the door when we got rid of him.

Nah, people were saying the hire was only due to nepotism, he ruined Griffin, he didn’t know what he was doing, and couldn’t wait for him to be fired along with his dad.  

There were a few that were more measured, but a lot of folks couldn’t wait to get rid of him.  

Now, we lucked out a bit because his immediate replacement was Sean McVay. 

Then McVay left and we were left with Jay and everybody really understood what we lost.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nah, people were saying the hire was only due to nepotism, he ruined Griffin, he didn’t know what he was doing, and couldn’t wait for him to be fired along with his dad.  

There were a few that were more measured, but a lot of folks couldn’t wait to get rid of him.  

Now, we lucked out a bit because his immediate replacement was Sean McVay. 

Then McVay left and we were left with Jay and everybody really understood what we lost.  

We have fans that wanna replace Del Rio wtih Mike effing Singletary and others who insist on keeping Heinicke.

An entire generation of losing has destroyed what was once maybe the most intelligent fans in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Dissident2 said:

LOL, nice execution on the trick play, Cowgirls. (Good idea, though, have to admit). 

Just now, bh32 said:

What a clown show..Full on desperation from fat ass McCarthy...lol

Careful now that goes a long way if he makes a better throw. Need to be a bit creative in the POs. I hate the boys but that was a good play design and a good time to call it. Just poor execution. 

• Like 1