Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

@Spaceman Spiffidk man, the Broncos or whoever had to start a WR at QB last year when it got really bad. I don’t think they’re doing us any favors for the sake of one below average QB replacing a bad QB. He’ll either pass the protocol or he won’t but I doubt the NFL cares either way 

I don't think they'll change anything, but it's SO many players, many of whom are responsible for protecting the quarterback.  Like, someone's legit gonna get hurt.  Our ST suck already and Way's gonna just get WRECKED and we won't even get a flag out of it.

It's all coming together. With a QB with a name something something and our 4rth string center. Look out world! Here comes a team

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Ugh I was kinda looking forward to having a fifth-string center who moonlights as a plus size model.

If our recent games have shown us anything, it's that he'll definitely be getting snaps.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Panthers-believe-in-Garrett-Gilbert-Taylor-Heinicke-despite-lack-of-experience-118849108/

Despite never being inserted into an NFL game, Gilbert has bounced around from locker room to locker room over his career. Since getting drafted in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Rams, Gilbert has been a part of five teams total, including the Patriots, Lions and Raiders.

So what makes the quarterback such an attractive option?

“His arm strength. He makes good decisions and delivers a good ball," Rivera said of the former five-star quarterback out of Lake Travis High School in Austin, Texas. "That’s probably the biggest thing going for him, he throws a good ball."

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m not sure this game happens. 

At some stage the league have to see the obvious and recognise this isn’t an isolated incident. This needs a 7-10 day period to clear through the roster. 

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

I find it strange that we have 20+ players on the list, but no coaches.

Not a coach, but...

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-staffer-tests-positive-first-known-omicron-coronavirus-variant

WFT staffer tests positive for 1st known Omicron case in NFL

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’m not sure this game happens. 

At some stage the league have to see the obvious and recognise this isn’t an isolated incident. This needs a 7-10 day period to clear through the roster. 

Nah, the game is happening. We are not prime real estate. If we win by 60 or lose by 100, doesn't matter to the league. If this were a prime QB, then it would matter. In fact I could see one f the top 5 going down and then games get moved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Nah, the game is happening. We are not prime real estate. If we win by 60 or lose by 100, doesn't matter to the league. If this were a prime QB, then it would matter. In fact I could see one f the top 5 going down and then games get moved. 

Probably right that, if nothing else this weekend should set a precedent for how future outbreaks are managed by the league.