Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS News las Vegas: Steelers QB Haskins loses a tooth; wife arrested after dispute at The Cosmopolitan

aszumilo

Look, I'm not saying Dwayne deserved it because no one deserves domestic abuse.  If it were the other way around, there'd be screaming from the rooftops about Dwayne hitting a woman.  Just because it's the other way around doesn't mean that people should joke about it.

THAT SAID.  That all said..

I'm assuming Dwayne wasn't asking her what flavor of ice cream he could pick up from the store.

Haskins is a loser, simply put.  He's got some time to change, but it's clear that this guy just makes bad decision after bad decision.  That includes who you pick as your partner.  

• Like 8

You'd be surprised how many judges would look at a man in a courtroom and be like "Really... ?" if he claimed domestic assault.

I filed a protective order against my ex-wife for hitting me in the face in front of out kids after a drop-off. The (female) judge said "You did poke the bear, though, right?"

I did let her know that, if the roles were reverse, I'd have likely and deservedly been in jail and asked if she'd have said the same to my ex. It was greeted with a smirk from the Judge. So, yeah... even judges overtly don't take domestic assault seriously when it's a female committing the act.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

He was in Vegas and they were renewing their vows.  They were married in March.  ?  Most people wait 10, 20, 30 years to renew vows... not Haskins.  He waits 4 months.  How long till we hear about how he has no money left?  What a waste.  Nice pick Danny.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

He was in Vegas and they were renewing their vows.  They were married in March.  ?  Most people wait 10, 20, 30 years to renew vows... not Haskins.  He waits 4 months.  How long till we hear about how he has no money left?  What a waste.  Nice pick Danny.

I keep thinking they really got married while things were closed down and then wanted to have a real ceremony so it wasn't renewing their vows in the sense we all know it to be...no idea if I'm right lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What seems odd to me beyond the assault part is that his wife and her friends were going to a "Magic Mike" show (I'm taking a guess at what that is based on the movie)  at the same time they were renewing marriage vows?  Maybe I'm old fashioned but those two things don't match up to me.  No idea what sort of club he and his friends were going to.  Also, if they were going to different things, why did he have to wait for her?  

13 hours ago, Forehead said:

What seems odd to me beyond the assault part is that his wife and her friends were going to a "Magic Mike" show (I'm taking a guess at what that is based on the movie)  at the same time they were renewing marriage vows?  Maybe I'm old fashioned but those two things don't match up to me.  No idea what sort of club he and his friends were going to.  Also, if they were going to different things, why did he have to wait for her?  

Lining it up with what @Califan007 makes it fit a bit better. Perhaps they were supposed to be having "bachelor" and "bachelorette" parties. But yeah, them needing to wait up doesn't make sense to me, unless it's something about carpooling. I'm going to try not to think too hard on it, I'm afraid it might start making sense.

• Like 1