Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

I was just imagining in today's tech age, when GM's call about trades, if it's ever on instant message/texting, as opposed to phones.

I imagine it would look something like this :

Jerry Joness : Good morning, sir. What are your thoughts on a player-for-player trade ; Garrett Gilbert for Landon Collins ?

Ron Rivera : Lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not only do we have a very solid and talented receiving corps, but it's practically all home-grown.

Each of these were grown and raised by us, from the start :

McLaurin

Brown

Sims

Milne

And Curtis Samuel is as close to homegrown as you can get without being homegrown. 

• Like 1

None of those guys are that interesting to me, personally. But it shows how many AGG-like mid rounders there are that fly around the league, it’s a deeply talented position in the NFL and teams will move on if you don’t flash and show growth. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

None of those guys are that interesting to me, personally. But it shows how many AGG-like mid rounders there are that fly around the league, it’s a deeply talented position in the NFL and teams will move on if you don’t flash and show growth. 

How are you not interested in Trey Quinn? Dude's got the hands of Steven Sims and the shiftiness of Cam Sims.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

From what I've seen, Trey Quinn can be our next Jamison Crowder. Probably even better. Compared to the trash WRs outside of Terry McClauren that we've started each season with for the past 3 years, I think Trey would be an instant upgrade.

Edited by NickyJ

25 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

That thought crossed my mind as well.

Four LBs?  Are we bringing in KJ Wright?

Junior Gallette has submitted yet another application

Just now, NickyJ said:

From what I've seen, Trey Quinn can be our next Jamison Crowder. Probably even better.

Are you talking about Quinn or Milne ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Are you talking about Quinn or Milne ?

Quinn. He's got pedigree, he's got potential, he's got endorsements from Head and Shoulders.

Plus, he might even gets his 300th career yard in 4 seasons.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Giants trading for Ben Bredeson is a shrewd move. Between him and Price they've instantly upgraded their line to passable.

On paper it might look better for the Gnats but they also shipped a 4th for the Raven’s 5th and 7th for a back-up player Baltimore may have ended up cutting anyways. Baltimore gets their 4th back for where they drafted Bredeson a couple years ago. 

This move coupled with the earlier trade with the Bengals for their back-up center, Billy Price smacks of desperation at the 11th hour - not shrewdness.  

I think the real story might be the poor condition the Giants O-Line must be in at the moment. I mean, can you imagine the meltdown here if we traded a 4th for a back-up?  Giants must be desperate. 

Also, Richard Rodgers just got cut from the Eagles. Sign him now. He can easily compete with bums like Logan Thomas. Richard Rodgers and Trey Quinn are the future of our receiving corps.

Oh wait, this isn't 2020 anymore. Never mind.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JaxJoe said:

On paper it might look better for the Gnats but they also shipped a 4th for the Raven’s 5th and 7th for a back-up player Baltimore may have ended up cutting anyways. Baltimore gets their 4th back for where they drafted Bredeson a couple years ago. 

This move coupled with the earlier trade with the Bengals for their back-up center, Billy Price smacks of desperation at the 11th hour - not shrewdness.  

I think the real story might be the poor condition the Giants O-Line must be in at the moment. I mean, can you imagine the meltdown here if we traded a 4th for a back-up?  Giants must be desperate. 

Giants had to do something and ended up grabbing a former first rounder and a former fourth rounder for very little. It's no different than when we grabbed Flowers the first time. You look for the guys that didn't work out for their original teams and see what you can do. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but you can't just not do anything.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Also, Richard Rodgers just got cut from the Eagles. Sign him now. He can easily compete with bums like Logan Thomas. Richard Rodgers and Trey Quinn are the future of our receiving corps.

Oh wait, this isn't 2020 anymore. Never mind.

I hear good things about this guy Doctson that's hanging around.

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm not sure this is so much a function of "keeping the youngster", but a byproduct of the fact that Washington brought in one undrafted free agent. Most teams bring in a lot more. So Washington's 90 man was filled more with "veteran" type players, a bunch of which eventually got cut. Most other teams are cutting the UDFAs they signed, who obviously don't have NFL experience.

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Someone has probably mentioned it before, but I am really sure vaccination status cost some players their roster spot (e.g. Cam Newton) or at least played a big role in their release. Got to wonder if that's also true for someone on our team.

Official word about it from the whole NFL will be: No players have been cut because he's not vaccinated.

Unofficially though, you bet some got cut because of this. The reason being the first quality for any player in any team sport is "availabiity". If you're on the sideline because of [iinsert your favorite reason here (health or not], then you're useless to the team and don't deserve to make the roster.

That's just like players being cut because of injuries concerns. Happens all the time.

Simple as that. If you can't play, you're out of the team. No matter the reason why.

• Like 4