Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Milne may look stiff but a 6.85 3-cone is no joke, watch out as he gets more comfortable.

I actually think AGG is “safer” on the PS if you had to choose. He was already a small school prospect with a lot of growing to do—and so far, he hasn’t done that growing, obviously, or he wouldn’t be on the bubble. Not that teams will automatically trust our in-house thoughts on AGG over their own pre-draft grade, but he’s damaged goods at that point to a degree. You’re talking about teaching him a new offense, keeping him on the roster while he learns and gets into your system—all the while, still needing to build up the technical physical skills that he didn’t really flash here. 

Milne on the other hand, it’s understandable for a 7th rounder to be victim to a roster squeeze. AGG getting waived on the way to the PS as a former 4th rounder says something about him—Milne getting waived as we try to sneak him onto the PS, that’s normal. He’s got an extra year on his contract, he’s more of a blank slate, and most importantly he’s already flashed. 

I’d like to keep both, but if I had to choose, I’d rather see the Milne experiment through on the very off chance he’s some kind of instant NFL fit or some sort of Adam Theilen-esque  prodigy. He’s already ahead of where AGG is, a year earlier, and I’m not convinced AGG’s height and theoretical contested catch ability are necessarily worth more than the things Milne is already doing at an impressive level. Again, I’d like to keep both—this is if I had to choose and rationalize my choice. 

I agree with you...also, Milne, from what I've read, just seems ahead of AGG in terms of being a more polished, NFL ready WR. I also like how Milne can return punts and if we cut Carter then who else do we have to do that? I just haven't seen AGG do enough to really be a difference maker for us. In fact, I'd rather trade from our depth elsewhere for a WR rather than keep someone like AGG. I hope I'm dead wrong and AGG balls out if he makes the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Cut down to 80 today by 4pm (5 minimum released). Any surprise cuts to be made today? "Doing them a solid by releasing them early"?

Next week will be the busy week with rosters down to 53 by Tuesday 31st.

The first 4 weeee definitely not surprises:

Rick Leonard

Justus Reed

Justin Phillips

Jordan Brown

I wonder why they are waiting on the last one.

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:
From JP Finlay: “A consensus seems to be building for the six wide receivers on the roster: Terry McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Adam Humphries, Dyami Brown, Cam Sims and Antonio Gandy-Golden. Frankly, no other player has done enough to push for a seventh WR spot.”

So if Finlay is correct here then who is the punt returner? 

He keeps saying this and I keep asking that question and so far no response. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yeah, they lost AJ McCarron for the year.  There are a handful of teams where I think Allen would be the better backup.

Our GM's are gonna have to figure out what they would take for Allen or TH because teams are gonna come knocking for one of them....Keeping all 3 guys is a luxury but they can't all play. Could we get a good LB for Allen? 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Our GM's are gonna have to figure out what they would take for Allen or TH because teams are gonna come knocking for one of them....Keeping all 3 guys is a luxury but they can't all play. Could we get a good LB for Allen? 

Fitz has never not been benched and Heinicke and Allen are glass. This team is looking at the championship window as open. The last thing they're going to do is potentially close it for a late round draft pick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

They can’t all play at once obviously, but given Fitzpatrick age and Heinicke’s injury history, it’s certainly not crazy to think they might all need to play this season. Not saying I wouldn’t trade one if the price was right, but something to consider. 

• Like 2

I don't see us getting more than a 7th or maybe a 6th max for Heinicke or Allen. I'd rather just keep them since we know Fitz can have slumps and that both Heinicke and Allen have injury concerns. If Fitz goes down or gets pulled I'd bet that we'd end up seeing both Heinicke and Allen at some point.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I was under the assumption that the players on the international pathway program couldn't be on the practice squad and either had to be on a 53 man roster, or released. I could be wrong I'm just echoing what I remember reading on here somewhere. 

Pretty sure he was signed as a straight up FA. We didn’t do the program to get him. No special rights to him this way, other than we had first dibs lol. 

*** thought this post was the last in the thread. I see several others already answered. Sorry for the duplication of efforts 😅

Edited by LLandryistheshiz

16 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Pretty sure he was signed as a straight up FA. We didn’t do the program to get him. No special rights to him this way, other than we had first dibs lol. 

*** thought this post was the last in the thread. I see several others already answered. Sorry for the duplication of efforts 😅

“Is Sammis Reyes in the International Pathway Program?” and “What does Peyton Barber do well?” are in a close race for most responded to questions in this thread. 😂

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I haven't kept up on the Jaret Patterson rumors, but I'd assume he'd be an option for handling returns.

He got the #3 RB riser on Good Morning Football so he'll definitely be on either WFT roster or someone elses.

image.png.2811fab7ae05af993b5cc76600fc051a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I haven't kept up on the Jaret Patterson rumors, but I'd assume he'd be an option for handling returns.

Kick returns maybe but I haven’t yet seen any indication he’s in the punt returner conversation. Would be a lot to put on a rookie who’s never done it before. 

2 hours ago, Silvernon said:

And then there's the team perspective to account for. If they feel they are ready to compete, I can see a couple of surprise cuts where they decide not to invest as much time in development/youth and focus on results/execution. 

This is what I'm afraid of.  We are not even a calendar year out from the time when we said we were doing a full rebuild and our season was all about evaluating the young talent on the roster.  We need to be honest with ourselves and recognize that we are not a real contender and we still need to build.  We don't have a credible long term QB option.  And the offense is not good enough yet to contend.  We need to keep and develop every promising young prospect we have on that side of the ball, and steadily purge the no upside jag vets who make up the majority of the rotation players on it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is what I'm afraid of.  We are not even a calendar year out from the time when we said we were doing a full rebuild and our season was all about evaluating the young talent on the roster.  We need to be honest with ourselves and recognize that we are not a real contender and we still need to build.  We don't have a credible long term QB option.  And the offense is not good enough yet to contend.  We need to keep and develop every promising young prospect we have on that side of the ball, and steadily purge the no upside jag vets who make up the majority of the rotation players on it.

Aside from obviously from the QB position (though I don't think we really had an option to get someone young without trading EVERYTHING), what cuts would indicate to you that we're not focusing on a youth movement?

Like choosing AGG over Milne?  I promise I'm not being combative, asking you in particular because you seem to be really knowledgeable about emerging athletes.  Of course this is also for everyone else, just want to be explicit that I'm not being a smart ass here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Aside from obviously from the QB position (though I don't think we really had an option to get someone young without trading EVERYTHING), what cuts would indicate to you that we're not focusing on a youth movement?

Like choosing AGG over Milne?  I promise I'm not being combative, asking you in particular because you seem to be really knowledgeable about emerging athletes.  Of course this is also for everyone else, just want to be explicit that I'm not being a smart ass here.

I want us to keep both AGG and Milne, and choosing Carter or Cam Sims over them and losing one of them would bother me.  The other young prospects I want us to keep: Patterson, Reyes, Charles, and Ismael.  Bates will make it, I don't think he's on the bubble, but him too.

I think Ismael would safely make it to and stay on the PS, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

I agree. I think we're going to be very competitive this year and our schedule is conducive to a very real late season push into the playoffs, but our future starts next season.

This team is built extremely well for a rookie QB to come into. We invested in TE, WR and OL this year. We have an aggressive attacking defense to soften mistakes and it looks like our run game will be a strength. QB will be an all out effort next offseason.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We need to be honest with ourselves and recognize that we are not a real contender and we still need to build. 

The defense making a leap accelerated the rebuild.  The window to do something while the defensive talent is on rookie contracts has begun.  That and, in the NFL, unlike the NBA, windows open and shut really fast.  It's possible we can contend this season (but extremely unlikely).

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We don't have a credible long term QB option.  And the offense is not good enough yet to contend.  We need to keep and develop every promising young prospect we have on that side of the ball, and steadily purge the no upside jag vets who make up the majority of the rotation players on it.

Dyami seems to have supplanted Cam Sims on the depth chart.  Moses was released to give room for Cosmi at RT.  Patterson is making his way to the team, unclear how that depth chart shakes out yet.  Rookies Bates and Reyes seem to be the #2 and #3 TE's over the veteran journeymen Hemingway and Seals-Jones.  So what you're asking for, seems to already be happening?

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think Ismael would safely make it to and stay on the PS, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

I've got a hunch Ismael was the draft pick Rivera was talking about when he said "sometimes you have to admit you made a mistake" (paraphrasing).  From reports, Ismael is firmly the 3rd center and isn't threatening for the backup job at all.  Which sounds like he just hasn't developed since he came into the league.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I want us to keep both AGG and Milne, and choosing Carter or Cam Sims over them and losing one of them would bother me.  The other young prospects I want us to keep: Patterson, Reyes, Charles, and Ismael.  Bates will make it, I don't think he's on the bubble, but him too.

I really think we need more out of AGG to keep him. I mean I haven't heard people gushing about him in practice, he did better against the Bengals, but nothing eye popping. Do the coaches really think he's a starter down the line or a key special teams' contributor? If he converts his potential to production how good do we think he can get and how long are we willing to wait?

Milne and Charles have been killing it in practice supposedly. Reyes is supposed to be super raw. So, I'm there with you on those, but I don't know that we've seen enough out of AGG to know if it's worth it to keep developing him.

• Like 5