Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

15 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Couldn't Milne be a Turner guy too? It's not likely that he's a JDR pick lol. 

Doesn't have to be a Turner guy either.   Gribble supposedly does the drafting with Rivera and Mayhew and Hurney overseeing him.  I doubt the coaches have their stamp on every pick in a big way.   But sometimes you hear about coaches really digging certain players and making cases for them.  

For Keim to keep harping on AGG being a Turner guy, I am presuming there is something that is unqiue to it versus every offensive player taken was a guy that Scott pounded the table for.  I don't know about Milne on that front.  But I do know every now and then you hear a coach pounded the table for a player.  For example, McShay supposedly for Doctson.  Jay for Holcomb, Quinn, Ioanndis.  For Turner I recall hearing he pounded the table for Gibson and AGG.    Could be he was pounding the table for Milne but it doesn't have to be the case -- Scott's clearly not making their draft picks.   Rivera recently talked about a specific scout pounding the table for Patterson.  I'd guess it can be different people pushing for different players where its not always a full overlap of everyone. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Samuel is healthy and Humphries looks like he did in camp and ditto Dyami I think we will be out of the woods.  Granted it has to play out like that but I think there is a decent chance it will.   Should be fun to watch.  Potentially this is the best WR corp we've had since the Garcon-D. Jax-Crowder days. 

It's more likely his injury is being handled with an abundance of caution.  Since it's pre-season, taking the full 8 weeks to heal a soft tissue tear is essential for a speed guy.  I like the approach they've taken.  Handling this slowly with conditioning added on the side is exactly what I would do.  You can re-tear it too easily.  Need full healing time plus strengthening to be 100%.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol Paris Ford already cut by the Rams. That's a pretty wild fall from grace. I don't think I've seen anyone go from sure-fire to afterthought so fast. Maybe Arden Key?

Paris Ford's pro day numbers were comically bad.  So from what I recall many checked out on him after that. 

45 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

If Allen does get poached, then we may have to turn to a Steven montez level qb, and I would feel much better going into a game with KA at qb than I would with a montez caliber qb.  It's not worth the risk considering it's the most important position, so I'd go 3 qbs.

I haven't seen a lot of Montez, but the kid looked alright for the sample size. I'm not saying give him the job, but it might not be the end of the world if his number comes up for us sometime in the future.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Cut both of these lazy ****s. Did you see them jogging after those first 5 yards? Unacceptable.

I was about to post that tweet, cool to see AGG working after practice.  I was in good position at Richmond to see the WRs and stayed some after practice was over because I didn't want to  fight traffic.  I don't recall AGG working then after practice.  But others were. 

Sometimes you need a game to build confidence, maybe that Cincy game does it for AGG?   I was the first one here on this thread to complement AGG after the Cincy game.  So for any AGG fans who might think I don't like the dude -- its not so.  I am just on the fence on him. I can see him working out, I could see him ending up a bust.  I don't mind either argument.  I am usually not shy trashing a player if I don't like him.    I am rarely on the fence but in this case I am.

I like Milne more because he seems to have more to his game as far as seperating IMO and has more reliable hands IMO.  Well rounded player.  Position flex.  I could see Milne playing outside, slot, and can return kicks.     As I mentioned the other day, he's a fun watch as for his run blocking.  

I don't see any of the 5th-6h WR types as superstars in the making but I could see Milne as being a good replacement for Humphries ultimately.  

When Rivera referred to players who will get plenty of playing time, there's a good chance he was partly referring to Dax Milne. The seventh-round rookie has caught the coaches' attention for his steady hands and his preparation. He saw work with all three offensive units and had impressive plays regardless of when he was on the field. The best part: it looks like he has the Terry McLaurin seal of approval. Milne beat Troy Apke on an end zone fade, and as he hauled in the catch, McLaurin could be heard screaming, "Good release!" to his teammate. That's about as good a compliment as Milne can receive from the team's best receiver.

Apke's miss against Milne was probably the only negative the cornerback had today. In fact, Apke has had a great stretch of practices recently. He more than made up for the touchdown in red zone drills with two interceptions and a pass breakup. His final pick came in two-minute drills, when he grabbed a pass from Taylor Heinicke. Rivera said Apke is starting to understand his situation better, and Kendall Fuller added to that by saying "he's been showing out a lot." The past month has been an adjustment for Apke, as he's switched from safety to corner, but it looks like he's hitting his stride at the right time.

-- Randy Jordan wanted J.D. McKissic to work on turning the intermediate plays he made last season into more splashy moments that result in 40-yard gain. That exact thing happened during team drills; McKissic blew by his defender as Heinicke unloaded a shot down the sideline. McKissic made the easy grab, which would have ended in a touchdown, had he been allowed to keep running. On top of that, the play earned a "Hell yeah!" from Jordan as McKissic jogged back to the huddle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

Why are so many stuck on keeping 3 qbs on active roster.  Push one to the practice squad and you can now keep your 7th wr or 4th rb.  No one will poach Allen.  He only has value to us.

I dont know man. Any QB that shows even a little bit of mediocrity has value in this league. I could easily see someone grabbing Allen as their backup. 

• Like 2

Im not a huge Steve Sims Guy but I have to wonder why Isiah Wright is still on this team and Sims isnt.  Wright is awful, has the dropsies just like Sims and has no speed or play making ability literally a waste of reps.  Anyway, it seems like we have quite a log jam at WR!

As Far as DB goes, Im wondering if Derrick Forrest gets cut.... I wouldnt be a fan of cutting Everett because of his special teams abilities and Apke is probably close to a lock at this point.  This McTyre guy shows up out of nowhere and Im really wondering what Forrest has done in practice or the pre-season games to show that he can play on D or ST.

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Milne more because he seems to have more to his game as far as seperating IMO and has more reliable hands IMO.  Well rounded player.  Position flex.  I could see Milne playing outside, slot, and can return kicks.     As I mentioned the other day, he's a fun watch as for his run blocking.  

My problem with him is what's his value in the red zone? We already have a glut of shifty WR with good hands and speed who can run good routes so how much do we really need Milne in the passing game? I'm more partial to keeping a couple (or one) guy who can excel in the red zone. Big, Good hands... that's basically what made AGG so appealing at the draft. Outside of him and Cam, we don't have another receiver over 6'1. 

7 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

m not a huge Steve Sims Guy but I have to wonder why Isiah Wright is still on this team and Sims isnt.  Wright is awful, has the dropsies just like Sims and has no speed or play making ability literally a waste of reps.  Anyway, it seems like we have quite a log jam at WR!

Neither is making the team.

First off, aside from loving football and my Redskins I am not very knowledgeable about the X’s and O’s Like many of you here.

with that said I just don’t get why we need Barber as our 3rd or 4th RB , I looked up the game logs for when Gibson was hurt last year and didn’t play 12/13 and 12/20 games and his numbers were pretty pedestrian in my uneducated eyes. I don’t think he offers anything that Patterson couldnt at least match or do better 🤷‍♂️

REGULAR SEASON STATS 

2020 REGULAR SEASON RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG TD LNG REC TGTS YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST FF KB
Sun 1/3 @PHIPHI 4 10 2.5 0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 12/27 vsCARCAR 1 10 10.0 0 10 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 12/20 vsSEASEA 4 5 1.3 1 4 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 12/13 @SFSF 12 37 3.1 0 9 2 3 1 0.5 0 2 0 0 0 0
Mon 12/7 @PITPIT 14 23 1.6 1 5 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Thu 11/26 @DALDAL 11 57 5.2 0 15 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 11/22 vsCINCIN 8 28 3.5 0 11 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 11/15 @DETDET 2 7 3.5 0 6 1 1 7 7.0 0 7 0 0 0 0
Sun 10/25 vsDALDAL 10 34 3.4 0 11 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 10/18 @NYGNYG 4 6 1.5 0 4 1 1 4 4.0 0 4 0 0 0 0
Sun 10/4 vsBALBAL 3 5 1.7 0 3 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 9/27 @CLECLE 3 6 2.0 0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 9/20 @ARIARI 1 1 1.0 0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 9/13 vsPHIPHI 17 29 1.7 2 8 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
REGULAR SEASON STATS 94 258 2.7 4 15 4 7 12 3.0 0 7 0 0 0 0
J.D. MCKISSIC
12/20
Seattle SeahawksSEAL
13 51 3.9 0 11
12/13
San Francisco 49ers@SFW
11 68 6.2 0 17

McKissic was far more effective those same (2) weeks. I would be comfortable with  Patterson and McKissic holding down the fort so to speak if Gibson was out for a short time. Obviously if he was out an extended period we would sign another RB. I would think Barber would be available at anytime to be resigned, I don’t see another team signing him unless they also had a major injury at RB .

I think we could use that roster spot for another WR or LB that would have a higher impact on our team. Give that spot to a younger player that may have a much higher ceiling for us in the future. 

prolly messed up all the formatting on the charts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

First off, aside from loving football and my Redskins I am not very knowledgeable about the X’s and O’s Like many of you here.

with that said I just don’t get why we need Barber as our 3rd or 4th RB , I looked up the game logs for when Gibson was hurt last year and didn’t play 12/13 and 12/20 games and his numbers were pretty pedestrian in my uneducated eyes. I don’t think he offers anything that Patterson couldnt at least match or do better 🤷‍♂️

REGULAR SEASON STATS 

2020 REGULAR SEASON RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG TD LNG REC TGTS YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST FF KB
Sun 1/3 @PHIPHI 4 10 2.5 0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 12/27 vsCARCAR 1 10 10.0 0 10 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 12/20 vsSEASEA 4 5 1.3 1 4 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 12/13 @SFSF 12 37 3.1 0 9 2 3 1 0.5 0 2 0 0 0 0
Mon 12/7 @PITPIT 14 23 1.6 1 5 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Thu 11/26 @DALDAL 11 57 5.2 0 15 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 11/22 vsCINCIN 8 28 3.5 0 11 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 11/15 @DETDET 2 7 3.5 0 6 1 1 7 7.0 0 7 0 0 0 0
Sun 10/25 vsDALDAL 10 34 3.4 0 11 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 10/18 @NYGNYG 4 6 1.5 0 4 1 1 4 4.0 0 4 0 0 0 0
Sun 10/4 vsBALBAL 3 5 1.7 0 3 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 9/27 @CLECLE 3 6 2.0 0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 9/20 @ARIARI 1 1 1.0 0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 9/13 vsPHIPHI 17 29 1.7 2 8 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
REGULAR SEASON STATS 94 258 2.7 4 15 4 7 12 3.0 0 7 0 0 0 0
J.D. MCKISSIC
12/20
Seattle SeahawksSEAL
13 51 3.9 0 11
12/13
San Francisco 49ers@SFW
11 68 6.2 0 17

McKissic was far more effective those same (2) weeks. I would be comfortable with  Patterson and McKissic holding down the fort so to speak if Gibson was out for a short time. Obviously if he was out an extended period we would sign another RB. I would think Barber would be available at anytime to be resigned, I don’t see another team signing him unless they also had a major injury at RB .

I think we could use that roster spot for another WR or LB that would have a higher impact on our team. Give that spot to a younger player that may have a much higher ceiling for us in the future. 

prolly messed up all the formatting on the charts 

This has been rehashed here 1,000 times, but McKissic and Patterson are both <200 lbs. Neither fits the profile of a short yardage back. You could argue how necessary that is, but Barber at 225 lbs clearly offers something they don’t purely from a size/power perspective. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

As long as Dax does not muff a punt in game 3, I think he has a great shot at getting the return gig over carter even tho he is a rook. Long term Hump replacement potential, and your return man. good value.

I don't see them giving up on AGG, especially after dialing up designed plays for him n back to back weeks, so barring a Cam cut, I'm still at 7 Wrs.

My input about 7WRs - 5 6 and 7 need to play teams and more than the odd punt return.

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

A team can protect 4 players on a weekly basis on the practice squad. My guesses are AGG and Forrest will be locks to be protected week in and week out, the team probably wants to develop them, not sure who the other two players would be. 

Totally unaware of this.  Did this come about with Covid expansion of the squad or always?  Figured always if another team is going to pluck someone and put on their 53, we'd have to do the same to keep them?  Now you are saying that 4 of our choice aren't....um...pluckable at all week in and out for the season?

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Cam AGG and Dax have all played teams this preseason.

AGG didn’t play a snap on special teams last year so I was going off that. Maybe that’s changed so far this preseason I hadn’t noticed. Also doesn’t necessarily means he would play it in the regular season once the core special teams guys are playing all game. 

Point being I think it’s fair to say he’s not a special teams ace, so he’ll have to make the roster on the merits of his WR play. 

Edited by terpfan
  • Like 1

It sounds like Apke has been showing out in practice. I need to see it against another team on GameDay, but if he can just be a serviceable DB backup, that will compliment his value on ST very well. I hope to see him make a play or two against Baltimore. 

(If he doesn't show up with the same ability on GameDay, I prefer one of the DBs who has shown they can already)

It sounds like he might surprise me from the practice reports though. 

• Like 2

Just now, IrepDC said:

It sounds like Apke has been showing out in practice. I need to see it against another team on GameDay, but if he can just be a serviceable DB backup, that will compliment his value on ST very well. I hope to see him make a play or two against Baltimore. 

(If he doesn't show up with the same ability on GameDay, I prefer one of the DBs who has shown they can already)

It sounds like he might surprise me from the practice reports though. 

Yeah, he won't make it. Especially with how well Mctyer has played. WJ3, Fuller, Juice, Moreland, Mctyer, Roberts are ahead of him as far as i'm concerned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah, he won't make it. Especially with how well Mctyer has played. WJ3, Fuller, Juice, Moreland, Mctyer, Roberts are ahead of him as far as i'm concerned. 

The one thing he's got ahead of some of those guys is his position flexibility 

• Like 2