Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

20 hours ago, mistertim said:

It sounds like AGG might a bit too much of a "generalist" in his (probably high) intelligence for the league. Most NFL teams seem to want guys who are smart, but in a certain way...myopically hyper-focused on their specific skill almost to the point of obsession. They don't want renaissance men or philosophers, or anything that could potentially be a distraction from football.

Hence Rivera not being satisfied in that player's answer about how he fits football into all of his hobbies. They don't want guys with too many hobbies or interests that they feel could be take away from the football focus.

You mean like Tim Green, ex multiple pro bowler from Atlanta, who was a renowned concert pianist, and read Shakespeare in the locker room? 

Sad story.😢

8 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

I live in Philly and all my friends are Eagles fans. They will finish last in the division and maybe will be one of the worst teams in the conference in my opinion. Their defensive line is no longer a strength and their coaches are simply puppets for Lurie and Roseman. Watch interviews of Siriana, he doesn’t come across very intelligent and looks overwhelmed. 

They may have draft capital but don’t believe Howie Roseman will make the right moves. His draft history is awful. Over the last couple years Lurie who knows nothing about football has been more involved in decisions sort of like Synder meddling. 

It will be years till they are fairly competitive unless they get Watson next year which would be interesting. 

I live in Royersford, PA, Skins fan all my life, and I agree with you about Lurie/Roseman. These two are playing fantasy football and are doing all of the things Snyder did over the past 20 years before he brought in Rivera. The Eagles will rely likely rely on street ball this year where Hurts buys time for his WR's and TE's to get open. I think they'll have their moments for sure but defensively they look weak. They open up in Atlanta and that will be tough for them vs. that passing game. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I live in Royersford, PA, Skins fan all my life, and I agree with you about Lurie/Roseman. These two are playing fantasy football and are doing all of the things Snyder did over the past 20 years before he brought in Rivera. The Eagles will rely likely rely on street ball this year where Hurts buys time for his WR's and TE's to get open. I think they'll have their moments for sure but defensively they look weak. They open up in Atlanta and that will be tough for them vs. that passing game. 

Its such a shame they pulled off that Super Bowl because it feels like they're another 25 years away from one at least.

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

You mean like Tim Green, ex multiple pro bowler from Atlanta, who was a renowned concert pianist, and read Shakespeare in the locker room? 

Sad story.😢

The actual sad part of the story is that in 2018 he was diagnosed with ALS.

10 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

I live in Philly and all my friends are Eagles fans. They will finish last in the division and maybe will be one of the worst teams in the conference in my opinion. Their defensive line is no longer a strength and their coaches are simply puppets for Lurie and Roseman. Watch interviews of Siriana, he doesn’t come across very intelligent and looks overwhelmed. 

It's fun for a change to look at the Eagles as the incompetent team in the division considering they've arguably been the most consistent team in the division in the last two decades.  They slid last year big time.  But the three years before that season they had winning records including a SB win, and three playoff appearances in a row.  Heck I'd trade anything for a SB and three winning seasons in a row, actual playoff wins, and a 13 win season in the mix -- all so elusive for the WFT. 

I haven't been impressed with Siriana.  But will see.    For all the dysfunction in Philly -- its been us not them that has been the historical dysfunctional (for the last two decades or so) team in the division.    They've been in the playoffs 13 of the last 20 seasons -- that fan base experienced a heck of a lot more joy than we have.  I think we are due for the tables to turn. :ols:  For Lurie's dysfunction, I'd trade him for our owner in 2 seconds.  Can you imagine how insufferable Dan would be if he actually had that type of success the Eagles had during the last 20 years?   😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve been asking for one breakout practice or game from AGG to help move me off from being on the fence about him.  Finally he has a big day so hopefully this propels him.

Patterson is obviously a keeper. 

Bradley-King flashed some 

I don’t think Steve Sims helped himself

The one thing Simms can't afford is a drop. He would have got crushed had he caught the ball, but since his rep is hands that drop hurts him more than it might others.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Stock up:

St Juste, McTyer, Patterson, Bradley-King, AGG.

Stock down: Danny Johnson, Steven Sims JR, Roberts

Was thinking about this tonight, until someone else steps up as a punt returner how do you cut Carter? He's a vet who is a threat and likely catches the ball and makes good decisions. We need a solid punt returner who can be trusted...and it ain't Steve Sims Jr. Milne is a rookie who's still learning. Who else can go back there and do better than Carter?

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Was thinking about this tonight, until someone else steps up as a punt returner how do you cut Carter? He's a vet who is a threat and likely catches the ball and makes good decisions. We need a solid punt returner who can be trusted...and it ain't Steve Sims Jr. Milne is a rookie who's still learning. Who else can go back there and do better than Carter?

Humphries can do PRs, but I think they’ll give Patterson an opportunity.

I'm officially on the keep 7 WRs train.  my offense would be:

Qb - Fitz, TH, KA

rb - gib, mcK, Patterson

Wr - tmac, Samuel, humphries, brown, cam sims, Milne, AGG

TE - Logan, Bates, Reyes

OL - Leno, Lucas, cosmi, scherff, Wes, Charles, flowers, roullier, Ismael

With Sharpe, barber, and seals-jones on speed dial if injuries.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm officially on the keep 7 WRs train.  my offense would be:

Qb - Fitz, TH, KA

rb - gib, mcK, Patterson

Wr - tmac, Samuel, humphries, brown, cam sims, Milne, AGG

TE - Logan, Bates, Reyes

OL - Leno, Lucas, cosmi, scherff, Wes, Charles, flowers, roullier, Ismael

With Sharpe, barber, and seals-jones on speed dial if injuries.

Larsen seems to be pretty solidly ahead of Ismael for the backup center position but otherwise I’m on board with this. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ready for us to move on from the Simses.  Neither of them are good.

Personally, not married to either guy making the team.  But judging by what just about every beat guy has said of late, Cam is a borderline lock.   But Steve Sims while has a shot likely doesn't make it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keim said in a podcast they see Patterson as a 3rd down back.  He also (he's not the only one) who thinks they are sold on Barber.   I get Barber is decent in short yardage but to me overall as a RB he's a JAG.  But I'll ride wiith it.  I gather 4 RBs are making the team.  Patterson IMO >>>>>>>>> Barber.  But I do get they are different style backs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1