Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think yall predicting Barber being cut, are bonkers. He's the only pure RB and short yardage guy we have. He's also the best pass blocker by a mile. When you're trying to protect a lead against a tired defense, He's perfect and you don't risk injuring Gibson on those plays. Barber is a pure banger and when you're trying to hammer it into the end zone from a couple yards out, you give Barber the ball and let Scherff, Cosmi and Roullie just bully whoever is in front of them.

Yall can give me the "its a passing league" weary expression all you want. If you can't get 2 yards, when you need 1, you'll lose games.

I think they're going to keep him as RB4 unless Jonathan Williams shows he can do the same things.

That is my only pause on Barber. Otherwise, yes, they are going to keep him. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I think they're going to keep him as RB4 unless Jonathan Williams shows he can do the same things.

Rivera seems to really be high on his game, from playing against him for a few years. 

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sad to see Harmon go. I think he'll have a solid career. Shame he got hurt last year. Says a lot about how good our WR room is this season. 

Yeah, I liked Harmon. I still remember when McLaurin, Harmon, and Simms were our starting receivers and all rookies. Each produced. The future looked bright with Terry as the speedy star, Simms as the quick slot guy, and Harmon as the tough possession guy. I still think Harmon is probably better than AGG, but wonder if the injury stole some of Harmon's already limited speed.

Just now, Borgold said:

Yeah, I liked Harmon. I still remember when McLaurin, Harmon, and Simms were our starting receivers and all rookies. Each produced. The future looked bright with Terry as the speedy star, Simms as the quick slot guy, and Harmon as the tough possession guy. I still think Harmon is probably better than AGG, but wonder if the injury stole some of Harmon's already limited speed.

I think they did him a solid, by giving him an early release. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There are absolutely not 60 players I’d take over Chase Young. I think that’s kind of crazy honestly. 

How many pass rushers would you take over him? Would you take Myles Garrett over him if you had the option? If you’re betting on future production, I’m not sure I would. 

There are absolutely not 60 players I’d take over Chase Young. I think that’s kind of crazy honestly. 

How many pass rushers would you take over him? Would you take Myles Garrett over him if you had the option? If you’re betting on future production, I’m not sure I would. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

It's like the most famous Riggo drill of them all:  It's comin' at you, ES.

I think I get what he's saying though. Pretty sure he's saying there are way more than sixty players in the NFL he would take over Chase Young.

• Haha 8

39 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They were saying during the game that Barber slimmed down. Noticed he didn't get much push on the third down when he came up short. Is he still the guy that always gets you 3 yards when you only need 1 or you need 9? Maybe slimming down wasn't what we needed from him. 

Edited by Florgon79

40 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

we get it…sheesh lol.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

You watched the game, right?  He did a good job & was probably the 2nd best TE for us in the game. Figuring it was his first FOOTBALL game ever; (not HS, College, anything) I though he did a fabulous job considering all the factors. Just my opinion mind you, but he is good, and talented, and an infant football wise. 

I did watch the game and saw him make a nice snag over the middle and bobble 2 easy catches.  Hey, I hope I’m wrong.  I’d love nothing more than for him to blossom into a quality TE but based on the beat reporters who watch practice  say, he is a distance behind all of our other TE’s.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mojo said:

I did watch the game and saw him make a nice snag over the middle and bobble 2 easy catches.  Hey, I hope I’m wrong.  I’d love nothing more than for him to blossom into a quality TE but based on the beat reporters who watch practice  say, he is a distance behind all of our other TE’s.

Might be one of those things where he doesn't want to kill his teammates in practice?  Him and Cosmi had some ferocious blocks.

19 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

They were saying during the game that Barber slimmed down. Noticed he didn't get much push on the third down when he came up short. Is he still the guy that always gets you 3 yards when you only need 1 or you need 9? Maybe slimming down wasn't what we needed from him. 

I don't know, and I don't know if his short yardage abilities are something that's more variable from season to season or more consistent?  It's a small sample size.  Only so many runs with 1-2 yards to go.  He got most of them on the team and did convert at the highest rate, but is regression natural?

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I mean, it's the 60 best players in the NFL.  It's not a redraft the league thread.  One of the guys above him is obviously going to be Tom Brady.  Would anyone take a QB in his 40s who's going to play another year or two over an early 20s  DE?  Obviously not.  That doesn't mean that Young is better than Brady though

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, carex said:

I mean, it's the 60 best players in the NFL.  It's not a redraft the league thread.  One of the guys above him is obviously going to be Tom Brady.  Would anyone take a QB in his 40s who's going to play another year or two over an early 20s  DE?  Obviously not.  That doesn't mean that Young is better than Brady though

Good point.  They remake the list every year, so the list should only be viewed as a ranking within that window.  61 for a second year player is a big accomplishment, there are a lot of great players in the league and they have the vast advantage of experience over Chase.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mojo said:

He's a distance behind in terms of being a complete TE, but I think those other guys we have that aren't Thomas and Bates are going to be still available if we cut them, and then end up needing them (or someone comparable) in case of injury.  Meanwhile, you figure out situationally where he can excel.  If he can block angry and run a seam route, that's enough for year one.

• Like 1

I wasn’t expecting them to do it, but I would have kept Harmon as my 6th receiver if I felt good about Patterson returning kicks/punts.  He’s a sure handed guy who is a bully in the run game and can find wholes underneath in zone coverage when Samuel, McLaurin, and Brown attract coverage downfield.

Yeah, I look at the Wilson signing as a need to get through the preseason if Hemingway is out as opposed to a threat to make the roster.

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Cosmi looked good.  He got out of his stance a little early on one of those snaps, definitely a false start.  But otherwise, he didn’t play like a rookie imo.  I heard he got blown up on his very first snap in this game though.  I’m inspired by what I saw.

Edited by Vanguard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 9:26 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Miller is back to be the vet who gets cut in favor of a rookie after serving his purpose—aka making young guys earn their spot over a respected guy who knows how to work in the league and sets an example during training camp.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Its kinda Rivera’s MO to bring in a cheap, sometimes even washed vet who has proven he can compete and survive multiple training camps, to challenge rookies and UDFA. Rather than just having guys who have never seen an NFL practice or positional meeting room competing against only each other, you give them an experienced (but beatable) vet to compete against. You get to have a cheap vet who you know for sure fits your idea of culture demonstrate professional time management, work ethic, study habits, practice pacing and everything else on the spectrum...but in the end they’re meant, ideally, to lose their jobs to younger, even cheaper guys on rookie contracts—guys with unknown ceilings and futures who might end up much better. 

Last year AP was a brilliant example, if a controversial cut in the end. This year Lamar Miller will provide a lesser but similar speed bump for the young RB’s, and there will be similar guys at other positions. Imo this is one such signing. 

Just catching up to the recent roster moves, just wanna give the ol’ I told you so for posterity. Patterson is doing well.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Geez. Site was acting weird on my phone. But I think how I feel was well communicated!

True, but you can go back and edit it.  I'd suggest it just to clean up the site and have your good point not marred by the repetition.

1 hour ago, carex said:

To further this, it's the best 100 in the NFL in 2021.  There will be bias of course, but Lamar Jackson went from off the list to #1 in one year.  Last year doesn't matter, trajectory doesn't matter, just the past 20 games.