Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Punt returners

One of the few aspects of the game that will truly be live and informative is the return game. After Washington’s struggles last year, special teams coordinator Nate Kaczor called it “a hot topic” this offseason, and Sims and Carter are battling for the spot. They’ve both impressed more than expected as receivers as well, but it’s possible the decision is largely made by their return abilities.

Historically, Carter has been a more effective punt returner (career 9.3 yards per return) than Sims (6.2) but Sims is a slightly more productive kick returner (24.8) than Carter (21.8). Kaczor said the top two qualities they’re looking for are ball security and explosion. Sims, a third-year pro, has struggled with drops, and Washington’s coaches will be watching to see if he’s improved the aspect of his game Thursday night.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am learning Mac Jones versus Cam is a growing story line in NE -- that should help bring out I'd presume the best of both players tonight.   Mac is apparently having a really good camp.

What kind of ****hole Quarterback wears number 50?

I mean seriously, you're already the worst athlete on the field with a body by Krispy Kreme, and choose to wear 50?  Its going to be so delicous watching McCorkle flame out.

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I mean seriously, you're already the worst athlete on the field with a body by Krispy Kreme, and choose to wear 50?  Its going to be so delicous watching McCorkle flame out.

The team makes their rookie wear that number

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Thankfully we stayed away from Watson...he's gonna be a distraction no matter what.

IDK, I’m not really buying into all the allegations.  I’ve not read what they all are.  And I think he’ll rebound from all this.  The timing of it is very suspicious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Jones is number 10 , they just received their "real" jersey numbers

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

IDK, I’m not really buying into all the allegations.  I’ve not read what they all are.  And I think he’ll rebound from all this.  The timing of it is very suspicious.

I'm talking more about how he's reacting to the spotlight being on him because of the allegations and talk of wanting to be traded moreso than the allegations themselves, although they go hand in hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

No one in the history of professional sports made a dumber move than Schroeder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Harrington

Drafted 3 times - offered 4 mill, 1.2 mill, up to 200K (edit: I'm mistaken, he was drafted 5 times)

ended with:

Harrington was as of 2009 working for the local Costco store, in the tire department, earning $11.50 per hour

While Schroeder lost more money, 5.9 mill will get him a lot further than Costco. 

Maybe it's a tie, but I think it's at least debatable.

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 1