Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Grant Paulsen, Sheehan, Rouhier are really helping fuel my Giants hate week after week.  Grant just now saying the Giants have a "great defense".   😡

I'll double down on the narrative that the Giants are really good seems to be the hipster position of much of the WFT local media.    Feels like the week we end up playing the Giants -- the build up will feel on local radio like we are playing a juggernaut.  :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I think everyone, coaches included, is willing to roll the dice on Brown for that 4th spot.  I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

Of course, and hopefully Dyami takes that spot but until that happens, we need to keep Sims around. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant Paulsen, Sheehan, Rouhier are really helping fuel my Giants hate week after week.  Grant just now saying the Giants have a "great defense".   😡

I'll double down on the narrative that the Giants are really good seems to be the hipster position of much of the WFT local media.    Feels like the week we end up playing the Giants -- the build up will feel on local radio like we are playing a juggernaut.  :ols:

This game is right up there with Dallas and a few others for me.  We shouldn’t have gotten swept last year, but we did.  So we really owe them this year, and I think that’s the universal feeling in this fanbase. 

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with you, they've filled their team with plenty of talent, not recognizing it is just silly but I think their weakness is Joe Judge.  For me it was a big red flag when he stood at the podium after the week 17 game and whined about another team in the division not winning, that was a bush league move and made him look like a punk, IMO.

Maybe he's a great coach ready to take the league by storm but there's something about him that seems off, I'm not sure the players will buy into it too long.

We'll see.

16 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I agree with you, they've filled their team with plenty of talent, not recognizing it is just silly but I think their weakness is Joe Judge.  For me it was a big red flag when he stood at the podium after the week 17 game and whined about another team in the division not winning, that was a bush league move and made him look like a punk, IMO.

Maybe he's a great coach ready to take the league by storm but there's something about him that seems off, I'm not sure the players will buy into it too long.

We'll see.

Players will buy in, but its only temporary I bet. Things will fall apart at some point. If they have a few bad drafts and the talent looks depleted, "trying your hardest" won't win you most games. So once the team starts losing, the players will start to wonder if his drill sergeant training camps are worth it. I honestly think Jason Garrett will be head coach within the next 3 years. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The way we’ve handled the roster and cap under Rivera would have actually made me confident that we could withstand trading multiple 1sts for Fields, even if that meant it was #19, 2022 1st and 2023 1st. Yeah, it would have been a lot. But I think the way we’ve drafted and developed homegrown guys and found gold in unwanted FA’s would have allowed it to work. 

That's basically the RGIII trade without the second.  The cost of moving up and swapping first round picks is 2 firsts.  Granted, the second isn't meaningless, so it's less than the Griffin trade.  But, in the Griffin trade they were moving up to #2 overall...

I dunno.  I wouldn't have hated it, but I wouldn't have loved it.  I'm not against trading picks to move up and grab a player you want.  But QBs these days just seem so hit or miss.  There have been far more "oh, I wish we hadn't done that" trade ups than "Damn, I'm really glad we did that." 

But whatever.  

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Because, he is our 4th best WR right now. Terry, Curtis, Humphreys then Sims. 

Dyami and Dax have never played, while guys like AGG, Harmon and Cam have lets stats then him. 

so until we have a 4th, he is our 4th.

Even if I assume all of this is true, that does not mean we need to put respect on his name. 

He needs to earn some ****in respect. 

He was awful last year.  Period the end.  And this coming from someone who was intrigued enough to snag him as a late round pick in every fantasy league last year.  I want it to be true but he was simply awful.

• Thanks 1

Cosmi being the starting RT is interesting and confirms my theory that the main reason Moses was cut was because of how much they liked him coming out of rookie camp and he seems to be doing quite well facing our gauntlet of edge rushers.

My bold prediction is that he'll end up being the best pick out of this class.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RawRebel said:

Juggs machine don't lay hits. Hopefully it translates on gamedays.

Right.

What they do is create neuromuscular links that grow from your brain to your musculoskeletal system, creating habitual automatic responses.

So, that means it would be the IDEAL drill to repetitively perform prior to taking any hits.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cosmi being the starting RT is interesting and confirms my theory that the main reason Moses was cut was because of how much they liked him coming out of rookie camp and he seems to be doing quite well facing our gauntlet of edge rushers.

My bold prediction is that he'll end up being the best pick out of this class.

I dont think it is that bold of a prediction. A lot of us on here had a first round grade on him. 

• Like 1

Another bad 2nd round pick.  He was a cool story -- Alabama, he plays angry but otherwise....

Michael Phillips who led the charge months ago with Heinicke should be the guy, just goes on the radio that Heinicke has been bad in camp.  And if I heard him right he was asked what's the gap between Fitz and Heinicke and he goes if its a canyon, its the Grand Canyon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Right.

What they do is create neuromuscular links that grow from your brain to your musculoskeletal system, creating habitual automatic responses.

So, that means it would be the IDEAL drill to repetitively perform prior to taking any hits.

giphy.gif

Im saying juggs machine didn't help him last year especially with dropped punts. Hopefully it does this year if he makes the team.

1 hour ago, RawRebel said:

Im saying juggs machine didn't help him last year especially with dropped punts. Hopefully it does this year if he makes the team.

Dropped punts are a different animal.  From the latest depth chart that's been released, it sounds like SS wouldn't be the KR/PR.  If he makes the team it's from non-special teams, which makes things much harder for him.

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

We'll see.

I agree that the Giants looked like whiners when the WFT beat the Eagles.

While I think the Giants roster isn't far off from ours.  I do think the WFT local media and some within the national media are getting a bit carried away with the Giants.   Like I said it feels like its become this hipster position where they are trying to come off as smart in an out side the box way by going with a less obvious choice in the NFC East but I think they are going too far with it.  To me the line that these guys like using about how people are sleeping on the Giants doesnt work anymore because they are talked about too much that you can't call them a sleeper pick anymore.

I am sort of neutral on Joe Judge.  Seems like most of the national media thinks he's an above average coach.  Personally I am on the bubble about him.  But I think Daniel Jones is what holds them back.  I don't think Jones is as bad as some think he is.  But to me he's medicore.  Just good. Not bad.  So So.   Also their O line i think can hold them back.  I think they go 8-9 or something like that.  I just want to beat them this season for a change. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Another bad 2nd round pick.  He was a cool story -- Alabama, he plays angry but otherwise....

Michael Phillips who led the charge months ago with Heinicke should be the guy, just goes on the radio that Heinicke has been bad in camp.  And if I heard him right he was asked what's the gap between Fitz and Heinicke and he goes if its a canyon, its the Grand Canyon. 

Saw something saying he's been hurt with a back injury the entire time and either hasn't practiced at all or barely practiced?

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Even if I assume all of this is true, that does not mean we need to put respect on his name. 

He needs to earn some ****in respect. 

He was awful last year.  Period the end.  And this coming from someone who was intrigued enough to snag him as a late round pick in every fantasy league last year.  I want it to be true but he was simply awful.

..and what “respect” has Jamin, Dyami, Cosmi or St. Juste earned that people are praising them without even getting on the field?

14 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Saw something saying he's been hurt with a back injury the entire time and either hasn't practiced at all or barely practiced?

He's been banged up.  but my main point about him was he ended up a "meh" player for being a 2nd rounder.  I recall Jon Ledyard was been slammed by WFT fans back then when he said typically short armed, bad agility, bad speed edge rushers don't succeed in the NFL.  Thus far, he's looking to be spot on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's been banged up.  but my main point about him was he ended up a "meh" player for being a 2nd rounder.  I recall Jon Ledyard was been slammed by WFT fans back then by saying typically short armed, bad agility, bad speed edge rushers don't succeed in the NFL.  Thus far, he's looking to be spot on. 

Oh no, I'm totally with you on the reason why you posted it.  It's not just Jon Ledyard.  It's been known about Edge rushers for years once people started paying more attention to combine measurements/numbers.  I really liked Ryan Anderson's tape in college and thought he would be a good NFL player...until his numbers came back. Then we drafted him.  I think that was our forums general consensus in the draft database thread.  A "uh oh" moment.

There's also another metric for raw explosion/size numbers that doesn't establish a ceiling, but does set a floor for their NFL production.  As far as I know, it's almost always panned out.

The Bud Dupree and Brian Orakpo metric, where the strength/power/explosion is much higher than their already good sized frame (265 lbs-ish) should indicate.  These guys have almost always turned into above average Edge players at worst. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

While I think the Giants roster isn't far off from ours.  I do think the WFT local media and some within the national media are getting a bit carried away with the Giants.   Like I said it feels like its become this hipster position where they are trying to come off as smart in an out side the box way by going with a less obvious choice in the NFC East but I think they are going too far with it.  To me the line that these guys like using about how people are sleeping on the Giants doesnt work anymore because they are talked about too much that you can't call them a sleeper pick anymore.

I agree.  I also think part of the Giants hype has to do with Saquon Barkley returning.  His highlight runs make it feel like he could take the whole offense to a new level if he has an injury free season.  I have seen a lot of Giants fans expecting him to compete for MVP based on how improved the Giants run blocking was in the second half of last year.  It reminds me of the hype about how good the Giants would be with a healthy OBJ.  Even when he was healthy, it didn't help them win.  I think Saquon is extremely fun to watch, but his running style is going to continue to lead to getting hit in the backfield even with good blocking. 

18 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Oh no, I'm totally with you on the reason why you posted it.  It's not just Jon Ledyard.  It's been known about Edge rushers for years once people started paying more attention to combine measurements/numbers.  I really liked Ryan Anderson's tape in college and thought he would be a good NFL player...until his numbers came back. Then we drafted him.  I think that was our forums general consensus in the draft database thread.  A "uh oh" moment.

There's also another metric for raw explosion/size numbers that doesn't establish a ceiling, but does set a floor for their NFL production.  As far as I know, it's almost always panned out.

The Bud Dupree and Brian Orakpo metric, where the strength/power/explosion is much higher than their already good sized frame (265 lbs-ish) should indicate.  These guys have almost always turned into above average Edge players at worst. 

Yeah on the draft thread I wasn't into Ryan Anderson into I talked myself into him as the draft got very close and we showed an interest.  Jay flying down to Alabama right before the draft, etc.  I recall that story from Laconfora talking about Ryan's intangibles and how much he hates the opponents, etc. 

The combination of short arms, bad agility, bad speed is tough to overcome.  I recall some touting the rare exceptions to the rule and thinking Ryan would follow that but it hasn't worked out like that.