Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ron will not give up 3 #1’s for any veteran player. I think what we were willing to give up for Stafford is what he’s willing to give up for a vet QB.

He might be willing to give up more, for the right rookie QB.

If Ron doesn’t find that long term qb; his tenure will end here.

Three 1sts for a 25 year old top 5 QB? That’s highway robbery. Minus the assault angle, people are crazy for questioning whether it would be worth it to give up the assets. I agree that the legal troubles make it unlikely. 

• Thanks 1

We are now one of only 2 NFL teams under 50% vax rate, Indy is the other. Wow, this can be exactly what we absolutely DO NOT need. Talk about derailing a season, not to mention the risk to our personnel and coaching staff who are at risk. Not sure how we address it, but this is really bad news. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

They buy into JDR? 

His Twitter rants make me think he probably doesn't think the "China virus" is real.

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

same reason anyone else gets it in their mind to do so something so silly (in my opinion) 

why demonize them though? they're in a tough spot considering a vaccine wasn't a requirement when they signed up for this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Three 1sts for a 25 year old top 5 QB? That’s highway robbery. Minus the assault angle, people are crazy for questioning whether it would be worth it to give up the assets. I agree that the legal troubles make it unlikely. 

That has nothing to do with Watson's legal troubles. Ron said he's not inclined to trade multiple first round picks for one player. If you invest all those picks on one player; it makes it harder to surround that player with players.

He  might change his mind in the future but I think it would be for a rookie qb. A QB on a rookie contract; especially as we have to start paying for our defense.

Well, if lose games because we lose players to covid; those players won't be looked at too kindly and some of them maybe gone in 22.

14 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I hardly think saying I feel like they are doing something silly as "demonizing" them. 

That's fair. I just believe we should be careful of judging someone's personal medical decision simply because we want to watch a football "game."

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Captain James said:

That's fair. I just believe we should be careful of judging someone's personal medical decision simply because we want to watch a football "game."

Well when it's done with ignorance, such as Sweat's comments that implied the vaccine was for treatment and not prevention and others who just don't think a virus that has taken 600,000 American lives is a big deal, well I think it's fair to judge that mentality.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well when it's done with ignorance, such as Sweat's comments that implied the vaccine was for treatment and not prevention, well I think it's fair to judge that mentality.  

I'm guessing some of these guys have a parent, uncle, cousin, etc. who they trust in, that watched a video or read something on FB or heard something in the community saying don't get vaccinated.  So they're deciding to listen to people they trust.  I live in an urban area and I hear all kinds of stuff when I walk into the corner stores, mainly from people in the black community saying "I'm waiting" or "I heard don't get it yet."  There's a lot of misleading information out there.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Captain James said:

why demonize them though? they're in a tough spot considering a vaccine wasn't a requirement when they signed up for this.

We signed up for a global pandemic? I need to read the fine print.

21 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Oh my judging them has nothing to do with football. Sorry for the confusion. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/reX8SFWTPFeBMTGc9

• Like 1

They're young and among the healthiest people on the planet, thus astronomically unlikely to even be hospitalized due to covid, let alone die.  Balance that against an experimental mRNA vaccine which is essentially playing russian roulette - that is what's driving their fears.  If the disease was hepatitis B vs. Hep B vaccine, it would not be an issue.  Hep B is a much bigger issue for their age and health cohort, and the hep B vaccine has been around for > 25 years and proven safe.  I got it in 1994 after a family member needed a liver transplant after catching hep-B.  So if their fear is not contrived, it's because emotionally, the cost-benefit ratio is out of their comfort zone.  Sweat, particularly, has experienced what it's like to get a scary medical diagnosis.  It was wrong, but he knows what the initial feeling is like and he doesn't want to go back there when there is no reasonable chance he will suffer anything worse than a bad flu from covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

They're young and among the healthiest people on the planet, thus astronomically unlikely to even be hospitalized due to covid, let alone die.  Balance that against an experimental mRNA vaccine which is essentially playing russian roulette - that is what's driving their fears.  If the disease was hepatitis B vs. Hep B vaccine, it would not be an issue.  Hep B is a much bigger issue for their age and health cohort, and the hep B vaccine has been around for > 25 years and proven safe.  I got it in 1994 after a family member needed a liver transplant after catching hep-B.  So if their fear is not contrived, it's because emotionally, the cost-benefit ratio is out of their comfort zone.  Sweat, particularly, has experienced what it's like to get a scary medical diagnosis.  It was wrong, but he knows what the initial feeling is like and he doesn't want to go back there when there is no reasonable chance he will suffer anything worse than a bad flu from covid.

Jesus. I’m a doctor. It’s nothing like Russian roulette.

The good news is that people have done the math for you so you don’t have to. The risk of dying of COVID is way higher, even in a young person, than the risk of a serious vaccine complication. It’s like not buckling your seat belt because occasionally someone gets caught in their seat belt, can’t escape their car and burns to death. It’s terrible that that happens. And it shouldn’t drive decision making. 

Never mind the fact that that getting vaccinated also saves the lives of other people around you. If you don’t get it, you can’t pass it. 

All of this crap is so ignorant. And it’s embarrassing to be in the bottom quartile of the league in vaccination rates. And even if you make it just about football, they should get the vaccine so they don’t miss games and so their teammates don’t miss games. 

There’s no way to rationally categorize it as anything but selfish and ignorant. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

We don't need to have a conversation about the covid and the merits of the vaccine in here. It's obvious some people are going to make their own selfish opinions, based on youtube research and bull**** rumors and no matter how many facts you hit them in the face with, they'll still spew some bull****. 

• Like 1

And until you recognize that there is a material difference between a contrived fear and a non-contrived fear, no matter how wrong, then your only approach to the problem is a blunt instrument.  I would think a doctor would examine the basis for the fear and tailor the treatment accordingly.  If Sweat's refusal is contrived, you deal with him one way.  If it's not contrived and you play hardball, you end up risking alienating him like with Trent Williams. This has nothing to do with the risks of covid vs the vax; it's whether he truly has an extant fear of the vax, not whether he should or shouldn't. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well when it's done with ignorance, such as Sweat's comments that implied the vaccine was for treatment and not prevention and others who just don't think a virus that has taken 600,000 American lives is a big deal, well I think it's fair to judge that mentality.  

Plenty of people have opted not to get the vaccine and still consider it a "big deal" for those vulnerable. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We signed up for a global pandemic? I need to read the fine print.

https://images.app.goo.gl/reX8SFWTPFeBMTGc9

Signed up to play football. I think you're smart enough to have understood that.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

We don't need to have a conversation about the covid and the merits of the vaccine in here. It's obvious some people are going to make their own selfish opinions, based on youtube research and bull**** rumors and no matter how many facts you hit them in the face with, they'll still spew some bull****. 

Oooookay super soldier.

Giving the players the benefit of the doubt to make their own grownup decisions wasn't meant to start a "conversation about the vaccine" anyway.

FootBAAALLL!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

And until you recognize that there is a material difference between a contrived fear and a non-contrived fear, no matter how wrong, then your only approach to the problem is a blunt instrument.  I would think a doctor would examine the basis for the fear and tailor the treatment accordingly.  If Sweat's refusal is contrived, you deal with him one way.  If it's not contrived and you play hardball, you end up risking alienating him like with Trent Williams. This has nothing to do with the risks of covid vs the vax; it's whether he truly has an extant fear of the vax, not whether he should or shouldn't. 

Ignorance is ignorance. The cure for ignorance is information; information the team provided by bringing in doctors and medical professionals to educate the players on both the virus and the vaccine. Sweat doesn't get a pass if he wants to remain ignorant, do "his own research", or what have you. There is no legitimate source of information, anywhere, that could warrant enough reasonable doubt on either the efficacy or potential side effects of the vaccine to have over 50% of your team not get it.

"Tailor the treatment accordingly"? Wtf are you talking about? It boils down to selfishness, ignorance, pride, or all of the above, as the only reasons why most of these young kids aren't getting vaccinated. Unless they are afraid of needles, in which case you give them a binky and a sucker, then the only treatment is to tell them to do their social responsibility. I have no idea why you brought up Trent Williams into this, but that...does not help your argument.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2