Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

16 hours ago, duffy said:

Oh yeah, "Flecther" was one of the good ones. 

I remember being super pumped in '02 for the Armistead, Arrington, Trotter combo. It didn't turn out too well though lol. 

I think we had Pierce that year, too. 

I was so pumped for that trio.   Best lb core ever!!!! Yeah, not so much.

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sees him as a Mike or Will.

Thanks for the post.  Very excited for davis.

I'd love if he proves to be best at mlb, and we can sell LC on wlb, and with Holcomb steadily improving as slb, that's an exciting unit.   Behind that dline, that would be fun to watch.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 3:06 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe not a reach, but clearly he dropped, from his projected #18 slot.

So the looming question obviously, is what caused his fall in the draft ?

Has to have you concerned.

:)

There you go. Has to be the culprit, why he dropped in the draft.

He can't be depended on, for 4th Down defensive plays

;)

I'm pretty sure that during their many training sessions they had together prior to the draft, Greg Manusky trained Jamin on how to drop punts, block coverage guys in the back, jump off-sides, and run into the punter on 4th and 4.  Also helped him measure 17 yards from the line of scrimmage on 4th down with 16 yards to go, to make sure he knew to stay behind that line at all costs.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

No shocker about envisioning him as a three down LB.    He has room to grow for sure.  But he's talented against the pass, run, and as a blitzer.  His LB coach was ironically Manusky who was on Sheehan this morning.  Manusky loves him as a guy -- high character.  He thinks he will fit in well with the group they have and hyped among other things he will add to the pass rush. 

I heard that interview, and I have to say that Manusky sounded like a guy that's been out of football for the past 25+ years.  He was asked about his biggest disappointments, and he actually said that it was Alex Smith's injury because he was having such a great season up to that point in 2018.   Now, there's surely some debate regarding how well Alex had played, with the reasonable range being anywhere from "a bit underwhelming" to "pretty good."  Never heard anyone try to say it was great.  

Any time he was asked about a particular player, he just said how great the player was and how well things had come together when he has there. Again, I realize it's not a good look to go on the radio to say something negative about your former teams or its players, but to suggest that things had come together on his defense was just idiotic.  After all, it appears that the main reason the defense was successful last season was because he was no longer allowed in the building (perhaps Chase Young had something to do with it as well). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Gettleman could be blowing smoke, although I'm not sure why at this point. I think this kind of shows that scouts and teams were much higher on Jamin Davis than the draft community. 

I mean most of the draft community had him as a late ish 1st round pick. 19th is closer to mid then late but its not really a super reach.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean most of the draft community had him as a late ish 1st round pick. 19th is closer to mid then late but its not really a super reach.

Especially if Owusu-Koromoah's heart issue spooked teams off of him in the first round.  Depending on how teams felt about Micah Parsons, then Zaven Collins and Davis could have been the only first round LB for them.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Hey man, I didn't claim he was a reach but sites like PFF say he was a reach. I disagree with it but the draft community believes he was a slight reach it seems like. 

The reach thing is really only important on draft night as a talking point.

Post draft it becomes apparent what was and wasn’t a reach and what was and wasn’t a steal.

Otherwise the use of both those words is just used to conjure conversation. I do it, too, for the record. 

But will anyone look at Jamin Davis as a reach if he plays well this season? What about Alijah Vera-Tucker? What about if Leatherwood plays like a top 2-3 tackle in this class? 

Those are just buzzwords at this point based on projections.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Baldinger says Jamin Davis is going to be a problem

A young Thomas Davis

First time I've heard Baldy review/preview a player or unit, without his audio sounding like the acoustics are of him sitting on the toilet ; Because, well...obviously he's not, this time.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

The reach thing is really only important on draft night as a talking point.

Post draft it becomes apparent what was and wasn’t a reach and what was and wasn’t a steal.

Otherwise the use of both those words is just used to conjure conversation. I do it, too, for the record. 

But will anyone look at Jamin Davis as a reach if he plays well this season? What about Alijah Vera-Tucker? What about if Leatherwood plays like a top 2-3 tackle in this class? 

Those are just buzzwords at this point based on projections.

I’ll take it a step further...there is no such thing as a reach unless you can confirm it with all 32 teams.

How in the world can Davis be a reach if the Giants...picking at 20... were considering taking him?

How can St. Juste be a reach if there was a team trying to trade with the WFT to take him with the pick that he was taken with by WFT?

If even only one other team is willing to take a player around the same pick that they are drafted...it is not a reach...no matter what tv, internet, extremeskins armchair draft gurus say.  

The easiest way to try and make yourself feel smart or feel better about your evals is to claim a pick is a reach because you had them being picked much later. 

Edited by GhostofAlvinWalton
  • Like 3

A reach is a guy you could absolutely have gotten 1 round later, no problems, hands down, no cliche too OTT.  Tom Brady in the 3rd would've been a reach.  Cheeseman may become the LS GOAT; reach in the 3rd.  A guy you seriously worried about being there next round and you really want him?  Notta reach.  "Team X shoulda traded down 4 spots and picked up a conditional 7th in 2025, so that guy's a reach" -- people who spout nonsense like this deserve ridicule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This "Projected Starter" report has Davis as a Starter, but not in place of Bostic, with Bostic staying the starter where he was.

A lot of people will be unhappy to see that, especially one guy here, in particular.

They also have Collins and Curl starting opposite each other at Safety

They also said we have a really bad offense.

Wow.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This "Projected Starter" report has Davis as a Starter, but not in place of Bostic, with Bostic staying the starter where he was.

A lot of people will be unhappy to see this, especially one guy here, in particular

I doubt anyone here will be unhappy to see what NFL Total Access thinks the WFT starting DEF is...if they are...they should take a compass, shoot a back azimuth, find their ass, and pull their head out of it.

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A lot of people will be unhappy to see that, especially one guy here, in particular.

They also have Collins and Curl starting opposite each other at Safety

They also said we have a really bad offense.

Wow.

So you actually take note of the non sense these guys say and put stock into it?

Its guys talking without any real idea of what’s going on. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Its guys talking without any real idea of what’s going on. 

I noticed that.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

So you actually take note of the non sense these guys say and put stock into it?

No, the reason I just learned it, is because I've never watched them before. So give me credit for that.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I noticed that.

No, the reason I just learned it, is because I've never watched them before. So give me credit for that.

Most of the National talking shows don’t have much of an idea of the intricacies within each organization. They have bits and pieces but not an entire picture. And think about it... we here are always trying to keep up with WFT news and we still get behind. The national media is trying to do the same for 32 teams. It’s easy to miss. 

They provide a casual overview of expectations and rarely delve into nuance.

They may even have parts of this right, ultimately. But these “previews” are usually a bit or a lot off base.

For what it’s worth:

As of now Bostic probably is the starting MIKE. Davis/Holcomb will be SAM/WILL. I’d bet the two guys in on the 4-2 are Davis/Holcomb, though, if nickel personnel.

Wouldnt be shocked with Curl/Collins as the safeties, either.

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Most of the National talking shows don’t have much of an idea of the intricacies within each organization. They have bits and pieces but not an entire picture. And think about it... we here are always trying to keep up with WFT news and we still get behind. The national media is trying to do the same for 32 teams. It’s easy to miss. 

Before experimenting with this "news source", considering all the publicity our defense, especially the Front 4 has gotten in the past year, one might think that a show like this might do more homework, when zeroing in the focus on that same defense (and the rest of the team), especially after that defense and offense has become even more upgraded.

But alas, that unfortunately is not the case.

I will not be a repeat customer. I'll put them in the same class as Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless, Max Kellerman, or whatever his name is, etc

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They may even have parts of this right, ultimately.

Well, not the offense. This offense looks completely different than last year.