Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

44 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I look at where the rest of our division has done and how they are improving and I am very concerned.  We need homeruns and I just don't really think we hit them on the first two days.  We still have a chance to hit them today, but it gets harder the deeper you get into a class.

Other teams in our division are swinging for homeruns. Theyll get some and strike out on others. We seem content on singles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A little bit. RT.  I don't think he fits their profile of athleticism at that spot.  But who knows will see.  If its a tackle I think its more likely Walker or hybrid type like Kinnard, Salyer. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 12.02.36 PM.png

Of this group, I like Salyer and Hayes but Hayes doesn't play T but would be a force at OG.  

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I think my issue is the fact that we just refuse to take players that can legitly become ah all pro. Passing on jameson Williams for Dotson or hamilton. Passing on Dean for Mathis. The rb I don't mind. Or refusing to trade up for those players. All we do is watch the draft come to us instead of getting the home run hitters. Kenneth walker...we could of traded up to get. Dean in third round we could of traded up to get.. 

I guess Dean injuries is why we passed buy it bothered me to.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Pick 113 needs to be the top player we desperately want to secure. I don't care about reach value etc within reason. Get that player.

After that, trade back, forward or whatever they want.

I question if we're still going for highest floor or start immediately or looking for any kind of guy who slipped for whatever reason or maybe a guy from a smaller college who could be a sleeper. I'd go with the later type right now because thats where we can get guys who have all the potential if they can make the adjustments. 

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

God I hate day 3 coverage. I’ll last the first hour and that’ll be as much as I can take.

Don't be surprised if we move our 2nd 4th rounder for a 5th and 6th.  

Edited by RWJ

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Other teams in our division are swinging for homeruns. Theyll get some and strike out on others. We seem content on singles

If you string 4-5 singles in a row you score 3-4 runs if you hit a home run you get 1 run..

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ultimately I agree with this take. Once again I think we did a fine job hitting singles, but we really need more home run type picks. We passed up on one potentially in Hamilton or Williams at 11 by trading down. Now Dotson might be good, but is Dotson + Mathis + Robinson > Williams or Hamilton? I'm not sure. And that's been our issue roster building the last several years. Our overall drafts compared to the league average are pretty good by most metrics, but we just don't get the home run picks.

And that's largely because our process and ability to play the value game is just poor. I think our coaches/FO people are decent talent evaluators, but they just don't play the value game well. They're asset management stinks. We needed to pair Rivera with a shrewd executive, like what the Ravens have in Decosta. We interviewed good FO people from Buffalo and Tennessee but ultimately went with boomer yes men because Rivera got along with them. 

I'm not as big a Kyle Smith stan as some were but he honestly probably would have done a better job. 

The game is won with game changers and this team for 20 years have lacked game changers. Obviously QB needs fixed but we do not do a good job finding elite talent or develop them. Its probably both

Just now, tomwvr said:

If you string 4-5 singles in a row you score 3-4 runs if you hit a home run you get 1 run..

4-5 singles in a row gets you 2 runs.

2-3 singles and a homerun(which is where we should be in yr 3) gets you 3-4

ahhh...baseball

Just now, Die Hard said:

Why does 1 team get 4 extra at bats?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that 😁

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I guess Dean injuries is why we passed buy it bothered me to.

Yeah and the eagles get him. At some point the risk is worth it. The film doesn't lie about his talent. That talent is what we needed. Thats why I'm pissed even the more they are so risk averse.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, tomwvr said:

They don’t - much easier to hit 4 singles then 2-3 home runs an inning

Thats not what the stats bear out. That’s why teams are swinging for the fences…. because it’s nearly impossible to get 2-3 hits in an inning against guys throwing 100 mph.