zCommander
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

McQueen?!?!?!? Is that you?!?!?!?  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thrice I said and done!

If stevemcqueen is a fey creature he's absolutely ****ed now, bound into your service

• Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I made the Steve Smith comp to Dotson on this thread weeks ago, Rivera stole that from me :ols:

I’m not sure Desean Jackson and Steve Smith are all that similar.  I’m assuming they’re saying he’s going to be good, and just leave it at that.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

It's crazy how many people don't see this. He came in with a high floor and that's what we saw. His ceiling is...not good. Belichick had to take him to stop the bleeding after Brady left and immediately won a SB. They won't go anywhere with Mac, especially in the AFC. 

I think he's going to be "ok" but I think they're going to have to draft somebody else soon.  

Btw, I was against trading up to get Jones last year for the same reason.  I was also against spending what it would take to trade up to 8 to get Fields.  We'll see what Fields does going forward.  

I do think Jones is going to get better though. Not hugely better, but better.  

It's going to be interesting tomorrow to see where the remaining QBs go.  Noone drafted this year is starting and most likely will sit the first year entirely. 

So, where will these QBs go?  Less risky taking them in the second or third round now.

Also, will Baker get traded tomorrow?

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Well that will do it. Vikes go Safety and no QB. Only 1 QB selected this year in the 1st round. That has to be a first. 

15 picks before us and 3 should be QB so who are the best 11-15 players that are not QBs that can help this team? I'm still hoping for Walker in the 2nd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I’m not sure Desean Jackson and Steve Smith are all that similar.  I’m assuming they’re saying he’s going to be good, and just leave it at that.  

Both were good deep threats so they aren't a mile off of each other on that front. 

I used Smith as a comp because he's a physical player at the catch point and feisty.   Not so much physical in his releases but if he plays slot that won't matter

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

The OL is already good, even stayed pretty good  when we had to go 4-deep into backups at interior OL positions last year. We have a great OL coach and we'll supply him with pipeline talent in the mid rounds. Ten years ago doesn't matter in 2022 in this context. Weird post imo. OL always needs love, you can't neglect it. But just weird timing for this post. 

Probably not the place for this discussion, but since there are no more picks for the Commanders today...

According to whatever grading metrics they use I see the WFT had the sixth best OLine in the league last year.  Which seems weird to me because the gave up the 10th most sacks, and had only middle of the pack rushing yards per carry at 4.3 (ranking 15th). 

Delving deeper, this latter stat comes despite a 75% win rate in run blocking (best in the league) according to ESPN's analytics.  Also Taylor Heineke had the 4th best (longest) time in the pocket (tied with 7 other players) at 2.5 seconds per drop-back.

So, perhaps you are right and the problem is not in the OLine, but in the running backs and QB.

But I think we are agreed that OLine should not be neglected.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Darn Cine is gone.  My next favorite safety left is Pitre

I could see them go after Cross 

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

How many of them are 5’11 or less? Dotson listed at 5-11

But he wears 6" cleats