Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Metchie at 47?

I'd be surprised.  He and Dotson are almost the exact same height and weight.   Some think Metchie like Dotson is better suited to play slot in the NFL.

I think they are more likely to go RB and or TE.

If they go WR, I'd think a bigger dude, more natural Z type like Pierce.  

I'd love one of the RBs.    i'd love Dean if his medicals are fine.

I think 47 is a little rich for McBride but if they trade down a little -- he's grown on me.  He's a physical well rounded player IMO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

On a personal note, somewhere during the night, I past 30,000 posts on this here message board.  

I rank the achievements in my life thusly:

1. Finding a woman who would be willing to marry me.

2. Convincing that woman to marry me.

3. Convincing the same woman to stay with me while I wasted an inordinate amount of time, proof being 30,000 posts, (and as everybody knows, I'm not brief, ever,) discussing a bad team online with a bunch of similarly brainwashed doofuses.  

4. College, career, kids, blah blah blah...

However, tonight, she's on a business trip so after I got the kids down, I was free to do whatever I wanted.  I think it's telling I chose to spend it with you nimrods. Sigh, oh well.  It is what it is. 

:P

Congrats on your milestone, VoR. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I dont know what the Ravens are doing to Lamar Jackson.  He had one viable WR and you trade him away and 2 first rd picks, and dont replace him.  Bateman's ok, but that’s putting a lot on him.

I understand this trade from the Ravens' side. They don't throw the ball. They already have Andrews and Bateman. The reality is they don't have enough balls to sustain three good receivers. They clearly like Bateman more than Brown. Maybe due to health (as Brown has an injury history) and they are trying to trade Brown while still getting good value. On another team you maybe don't do this, but Baltimore's never going to utilize all those receivers.

It's the same reason I'm not that phased by Philly trading for AJ Brown. Brown's a great player. But Philly also cannot throw the ball. And they have Goedert and Smith already. Until Philly replaces Hurts, those receivers are not going to get properly utilized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As for Keim mentioned players left, the ones that hit me are Troy Anderson and Brisker.  Clearly they've poked around on the RBs, his tweets tomorrrow morning i'll be riveted by since he's so on the money so hopefully he mentions a RB.

lol, right before they picked, I thought of players they could take that Keim mentioned they like and the only one left with a first round kind of value was Dotson and that's who they took. 

I'll try to watch Brisker some more.  I know Matt Bowen who does really good film study and played safety loves him.  i liked him watching him but didn't love him but sometimes that's a function of what games you watch.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

On a personal note, somewhere during the night, I past 30,000 posts on this here message board. 

You are welcome! If you hadn't gone back and forth with me on TH you wouldn't have passed 30K tonight. ;)

I will help you get to 40K by end of the season when we go back and forth on Wentz. :D

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Keim mentioned players left, the ones that hit me are Troy Anderson and Brisker.  Clearly they've poked around on the RBs, his tweets tomorrrow morning i'll be riveted by since he's so on the money so hopefully he mentions a RB.

lol, right before they picked, I thought of players they could take that Keim mentioned they like and the only one left with a first round kind of value was Dotson and that's who they took. 

I'll try to watch Brisker some more.  I know Matt Bowen who does really good film study and played safety loves him.  i liked him watching him but didn't love him but sometimes that's a function of what games you watch.   

Brisker is Collins, but I'm strangely not excited by him. Can't see us going PSU B2B.

For the RB folks…you have Gibson and McKissic already.  Why not go after a guy like Melvin Gordon instead of spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  I know it’s a stopgap but there are always stopgaps each year.  You have a younger explosive guy, have a pass catcher, just need a grinder.  I know Gordon is gone but Lindsay, Booker, Murray, Darrell Williams…all still available.  All would be fine.

Im not diminishing the importance of the role, but why you gotta spend a 2 or 3 to fill it?  Especially when you already spent a 3 on Gibson?  Boggles my mind.

• Like 1

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

For the RB folks…you have Gibson and McKissic already.  Why not go after a guy like Melvin Gordon instead of spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  I know it’s a stopgap but there are always stopgaps each year.  You have a younger explosive guy, have a pass catcher, just need a grinder.  I know Gordon is gone but Lindsay, Booker, Murray, Darrell Williams…all still available.  All would be fine.

Im not diminishing the importance of the role, but why you gotta spend a 2 or 3 to fill it?  Especially when you already spent a 3 on Gibson?  Boggles my mind.

Denver resigned him.

I’m round 2 Sign me up for 

1a and b Hall or Walker 

2 a and b Chenal, Muma

3 trey McBride 

if you can’t see the value of a Jonathan Taylor in your offense or what Clinton Portis used to be, I can’t help ya. We don’t have that today. Gibson needs to run out his contract, he’s not a 3 down back and he developed a fumbling issue. 

• Like 3