Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We are already moving on from our 3rd round pick from last year, I dont think this FO deserves the benefit of the doubt like they seem to get. They've made a lot of questionable decisions so far. 

Sometimes admitting you made a mistake is a positive sign

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, this isn't the first time that Baltimore snatched the guy I wanted right before we picked. Never trust Baltimore. 

As to the pick, sounds like he has ever thing you want but size. Given the modern NFL and it's rules, I think speed and elusiveness matter more than height. Don't know enough about the college game to know if he is a great pick or not, but we did need a punt returner and Rivera clearly wanted a weapon for Wentz. If I had any qualm about the pick it might be that it feels a bit like a need pick vs. a BPA pick. On the other hand, the analysts on TV were gushing about this pick more than a bunch of the picks that went before him. So, there must be a lot to like around him.

All the network guys had him as the 2nd best player available when they picked him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Steelers just stole the best QB in the draft. And a top ten player on my board. **** isnt fair. They lose Big Ben to retirement and replace him with QB in the next draft. This is what good organizations do. He will play well this year. You can quote me on that. 

Unless you wanted us to draft Pickett, who cares?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

We still needed more mid round picks....remember we lost a 3rd this year....

No. We need quality players… I’d take a stud over a few lottery tickets all day. This FO screwed the pooch and forced a WR who had no right going this early.

I really want to be wrong, but I won’t be.

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I have no issues with Dotson as a player. It's just really poor value taking him at 16. It screams panic move. There is no way he was our intended target tonight. We for sure thought Olave, Williams, or Hamilton would be there at 16. 

I probably would have preferred Lloyd and take the best WR available at 47.

Yeah I have a feeling we got pantsed in the trade. We assumed Olave, Williams or Hamilton would be there but they got snatched up so we had to go with our panic choice. Feels a lot like the Davis pick last year.

Don't get me wrong, Dotson is talented but I think he was more of a late 1st or even early 2nd kind of guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

If they were taking a receiver all along, why wouldn’t they go for Olave or Williams, they were still on the board at 11.  Stop defending them for making stupid decisions.

Maybe just Maybe they liked Dotson more than Olave or Williams and they get a 3rd and 4th round picks thrown in. 🤔

• Thumb up 1

I can't shake the feeling we should have drafted a QB. The time to draft one is when you think you don't need one.  Does Dyami play teams? Feels like he is on the outs if the other WRs are healthy. Since we rarely draft a QB we can't expect to ever develop one. Pickett is going to get tossed to the wolves.

Edited by RandyHolt

Meanwhile the Eagles basically parlayed Carson Wentz into AJ Brown. Oh and they still have two #1 picks next year. 

Wish we had a FO that could play the game like that. Our guys don't have a clue. They play 3d chess in Philly. Our guys play tic tac toe and lose.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

You really can't have two WR's on $25M+ contract, no. The cap hasn't blown up to THAT degree yet 

You can structure their contracts in a way to benefit the cap, it's not like they have to make a flat 25m per year. How do you think the Eagles avoid cap hell every single year?

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Can't shake the feeling that a big motivator for picking Dotson was to use as leverage against Terry in contract negotiations this summer.

I know you've feared this from the beginning with a 1st round WR pick, and we don't have any reason to give this FO the benefit of the doubt in their player management yet, but I really don't think so. I think Rivera wants Terry here badly and if anything will overpay to make it happen, and get criticized for THAT 

Edited by Conn