29. KC - Jahan Dotson, WR Penn State

30. NO - Bernhard Raimann, OT Central Michigan

31. CIN - Trent McDuffie, CB Washington

32. DET - Daxton Hill, S Michigan

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Olave almost couldn’t be any more different from Dyami as a prospect. The main draw with Olave is that in addition to being fast, he’s EXTREMELY polished as a route runner,

the best route runner in this draft. He’s a plug and play guy that will be in the right place at the right time, and can beat man coverage, zone coverage, and has been great beating press coverage. 

Dyami basically just ran the go route in college. That’s not a big exaggeration. He came in super raw in terms of his route tree and still has proven basically nothing at the NFL level. 

Yeah, I remember him coming out of college with a limited route tree. I always thought this was more of the team's decision to win rather than his inability to run other routes. So yeah, I agree he's probably less polished, but I don't think he's incapable. Sure, Olave would probably be an upgrade over Dyami. I guess I just still have hope that Dyami takes a step forward lol. 

How do you rank Wilson, Williams, Olave, and London as fits for Washington? 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

By the way, my "guys" for this draft (I don't have a ton):

Drake London

Sam Howell

Velus Jones

Drake London

Calvin Austin III

Jahan Dotson (recent liking)

Jermaine Johnson

Sam Williams

George Karlaftis

Kerby Joseph

Kyler Gordon

Which Drake London do you like better?

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

14 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I will reiterate something that I've said many times in this thread. You only take a WR with a borderline top 10 pick if he has WR1 upside. Drafting a guy like Olave who is a WR2 at best netting you 600-700 yards a season is not a good use of the 11th overall pick. There is no Jamarr Chase or Justin Jefferson this year, period.

Trading down and still getting a mighty fine WR2 (Olave/Dotson/insert name here) PLUS your heir apparent at RB1 (Kenneth Walker/Breece Hall) makes you a way better offense than just Olave at 11.

We can't stay at 11 unless it's London. We just can't.

People are understandably risk-adverse with this organization. But the truth is we have drafted well in recent years. This is the best draft in NFL history as far as how deep it is. Trust our scouts and give them the draft capital needed to make this a turning point season for this franchise. That's what this draft could do for us.

Mark my words, the Ravens will be contenders for the next 4 years due to the amount of mid rounders they have this year.

I think you're underselling Olave. No way he caps out as a 600-700 yard guy. That's like Jamison Crowder. He'll be putting up 1000+ yards regularly, especially when you factor in the 17 game schedule and pass happy NFL.

I do agree that I don't want him at 11, but it would not be an absolute nightmare scenario. In a couple years when Olave has already established himself, noone will care that we might have "reached" four or five spots. Especially if a viable trade down option isn't available.

• Like 2

Drake London

Sam Howell

Velus Jones

Drake London

Calvin Austin III

Jermaine Johnson

Sam Williams

George Karlaftis

Kerby Joseph

Kyler Gordon

Big Drake London guy, huh? 😉

10 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I will reiterate something that I've said many times in this thread. You only take a WR with a borderline top 10 pick if he has WR1 upside. Drafting a guy like Olave who is a WR2 at best netting you 600-700 yards a season is not a good use of the 11th overall pick.

Trading down and still getting a mighty fine WR2 (Olave/Dotson/insert name here) PLUS your heir apparent at RB1 (Kenneth Walker/Breece Hall) makes you a way better offense than just Olave at 11.

And if no team wants to move up into our spot at 11... What then?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I will reiterate something that I've said many times in this thread. You only take a WR with a borderline top 10 pick if he has WR1 upside. Drafting a guy like Olave who is a WR2 at best netting you 600-700 yards a season is not a good use of the 11th overall pick. There is no Jamarr Chase or Justin Jefferson this year, period.

People are understandably risk-adverse with this organization. But the truth is we have drafted well in recent years. This is the best draft in NFL history as far as how deep it is. Trust our scouts and give them the draft capital needed to make this a turning point season for this franchise. That's what this draft could do for us.

Mark my words, the Ravens will be contenders for the next 4 years due to the amount of mid rounders they have this year.

Miami took a “WR2” in the top 10 last year.  They aren’t regretting it.  Denver took a “WR2” at 15 two years ago.  They aren’t regretting it.

• Like 3

I like Mello, has good stuff. He's Matt Miller's brother, they've done tons of podcasts together, and did the BR Live Draft Coverage for years.

Anyway, there's a scenario the Texans go CB or OT at #3 and then jump back up for a guy they don't take. With rumor being they really like Stingley, my guess is they take a safer pick (OT) at #3 and then get aggressive to grab Stingley if he falls ... they probably target Carolina or NYG at 6/7 to get Stingley. But in the off-chance NYJ go OL at 4 ... it does open up a chance for Stingley to slide. We'll see. Feels like they'd go higher than us at #11 in that case, but if Stingley is somehow there (or an OT falls if they go Stingley at #3) then we might be in a good position to benefit. 

• Thumb up 1

On 4/22/2022 at 11:29 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I'm just shocked you couldn't figure out how to draft two Londons.  :ols:

On 4/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, KDawg said:

I couldn't draft one. I traded back 15 times.

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Which Drake London do you like better?

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Drake London

Sam Howell

Velus Jones

Calvin Austin III

Jermaine Johnson

Sam Williams

George Karlaftis

Kerby Joseph

Kyler Gordon

Still working on this :ols: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I like Mello, has good stuff. He's Matt Miller's brother, they've done tons of podcasts together, and did the BR Live Draft Coverage for years.

Anyway, there's a scenario the Texans go CB or OT at #3 and then jump back up for a guy they don't take. With rumor being they really like Stingley, my guess is they take a safer pick (OT) at #3 and then get aggressive to grab Stingley if he falls ... they probably target Carolina or NYG at 6/7 to get Stingley. But in the off-chance NYJ go OL at 4 ... it does open up a chance for Stingley to slide. We'll see. Feels like they'd go higher than us at #11 in that case, but if Stingley is somehow there (or an OT falls if they go Stingley at #3) then we might be in a good position to benefit. 

That's what I'm thinking. If Stingley somehow gets past Seattle makes it to Washington, there's going to be multiple teams looking to move up a couple of spots for a top CB including Houston, Minnesota and Baltimore. This would be a great opportunity to recoup a 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Still working on this :ols: 

The effort is there.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For @KDawg

This is blasphemous.

Package our 2023 first and second to go up and get him at #1.

Don't risk it. 

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

As far as OL goes, I think we are best of if the top 3 go in the top 10, then you have scarcity with Penning and a sizable gap to OT5.  LAC and NO want, or should want, a tackle.  

Would be great if a CB is there and we do a small trade back to 12 or 13.

• Thumb up 2

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Drake London

Sam Howell

Velus Jones

Calvin Austin III

Jermaine Johnson

Sam Williams

George Karlaftis

Kerby Joseph

Kyler Gordon

I highlighted in yellow my guys on the position rankings I gave.  So to condense it further than that.

Drake London

Calvin Austin

Charlie Kolar 

Jelani Woods

Alec Pierce

Leo Chanel

Dameon Pierce

Zamir White

Lewis Cine

JT Woods

Danny Gray

Some late round guys

Gerritt Prince

Cole Turner

Ty Chandler

Kevin Austin

Isaiah Weston

I like Kyle Hamilton, I spent a lot of time on him, not sure if he fits though to be one of my guys considering I like him but there are some higher on him than me

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I highlighted in yellow my guys on the position rankings I gave.  So to condense it further than that.

Drake London

Calvin Austin

Charlie Kolar 

Jelani Woods

Alec Pierce

Leo Chanel

Dameon Pierce

Zamir White

Lewis Cine

JT Woods

Danny Gray

Some late round guys

Gerritt Prince

Cole Turner

Ty Chandler

Kevin Austin

Isaiah Weston

I like Kyle Hamilton, I spent a lot of time on him, not sure if he fits though to be one of my guys considering I like him but there are some higher on him than me

It's easy for me to put Kyle Hamilton, Devin Lloyd, Aiden Hutchinson, etc. 

But they are everyone's guys.

So I mainly only list guys I've championed or I feel aren't getting the shine deserved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, duffy said:

That's what I'm thinking. If Stingley somehow gets past Seattle makes it to Washington, there's going to be multiple teams looking to move up a couple of spots for a top CB including Houston, Minnesota and Baltimore. This would be a great opportunity to recoup a 3rd. 

OR it could (and should) be seen as a once-a-decade shot to get a top-5 caliber player in Stingley ourselves at pick 11.  It's not like we're flush with top CB talent.  We have a history of outsmarting ourselves with the trade-down route (see Kerrigan v JJ Watt or Murphy v D Lawrence, for two examples.)  Sometimes it makes sense to just get the stud that falls and don't worry about the extra 3rd.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Falcons will have Ridley back next year, and they just took Pitts first rd last year who is pretty much a receiver himself. Not saying they won’t take a receiver, but they have a lot of other holes to fill too, so I think the rumors may be a bit overblown.

Ridley is suspended for the entire year next season. 

It's easy for me to put Kyle Hamilton, Devin Lloyd, Aiden Hutchinson, etc. 

But they are everyone's guys.

So I mainly only list guys I've championed or I feel aren't getting the shine deserved. 

For the most part me too.  

I'd say the players I spent the most time watching where not only did I watch a bunch of games but I watched the same games repeatedly

Drake London

Kyle Hamilton

Chris Olave

Jahan Dotson

Devin Lloyd

Alec Pierce

Jameson Williams

All the top QBs

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For the most part me too.  

I'd say the players I spent the most time watching where not only did I watch a bunch of games but I watched the same games repeatedly

Drake London

Kyle Hamilton

Chris Olave

Jahan Dotson

Devin Lloyd

Alec Pierce

Jameson Williams

All the top QBs

Similar.

London

Hamilton

Lloyd

Olave

Wilson

Dotson

Christian Watson

Williams

Harris

Howell

Hall

Walker

Are probably who I spent the most time on.

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wonder if the Giants may take Willis since they didn’t pick up Daniel Jone’s option. 

Doubt it. But who knows.