Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT signs QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year deal worth $10 million!... Oh, Oh, Oh Fitzmagic... ya knooowwwww!

zCommander

9 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I think he’s washed, but are we going to use vaccination status on whether or not we sign people? 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic. Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.

Out for up to 2 games if he gets Covid, out for 1 if he comes in contact with someone else who was. Cam would be useless to us, and wouldn't be able to play this week anyway because he'd have to pass through quarantine just to get in the building. Patrick Mahomes' unvaccinated clone would have to be in free agency begging for a team to be able to get on the team with that much leeway.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, NickyJ said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

Out for up to 2 games if he gets Covid, out for 1 if he comes in contact with someone else who was. Cam would be useless to us, and wouldn't be able to play this week anyway because he'd have to pass through quarantine just to get in the building.

I’m just playing devil’s advocate. It’s easy to say this when it comes to Cam, but if a really talented player becomes available, or better yet, we’re in a position to draft a franchise QB, is vaccination status going to come into play? 

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I’m just playing devil’s advocate. It’s easy to say this when it comes to Cam, but if a really talented player becomes available, or better yet, we’re in a position to draft a franchise QB, is vaccination status going to come into play? 

If Covid is still around, I'd expect it to be considered. Players who are injury prone get their health risks weighed by teams all the time. In this case, it's a question of "Are you likely to miss time this season", and the answer is a flat yes or no.

10 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Yes if they can’t play. It’s that’s simple. Availability is the most important stat. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

RGIII is pimping himself hard for Rivera to call him lol...

I wanna think he’s joking but he is the kinda dude to really think he could do it again.

4 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

What do you mean “if they can’t play?” I’m pretty sure there’s unvaccinated players that are playing. 

Im not sure if you seriously don’t see how vaccination status can possibly effect play time or if you are just pretending to be confused to make a point. No sarcasm there I really can’t tell. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wanna think he’s joking but he is the kinda dude to really think he could do it again.

Im not sure if you seriously don’t see how vaccination status can possibly effect play time or if you are just pretending to be to make a point. No sarcasm there I really can’t tell. 

It seems as if you’re implying if you’re unvaccinated, you’re definitely going to miss time. 

Just now, No Nonsense said:

It seems as if you’re implying if you’re unvaccinated, you’re definitely going to miss time. 

Oh. Well if you show me the point where I at all implied definitely, I will do my best to clear that up for you. 

(now I’m being sarcastic) 

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yes if they can’t play. It’s that’s simple. Availability is the most important stat. 

What do you mean “if they can’t play?” Are you referring to unvaccinated players? I really don’t think that would come into play if a team really wanted someone. 

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

What do you mean “if they can’t play?” Are you referring to unvaccinated players? I really don’t think that would come into play if a team really wanted someone. 

im not about to have this conversation with you here. But feel free to come to the COVID thread in the tailgate. It’s obvious that continuing this with you is just going to derail the thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Dude, the chargers dline spent so much time in our backfield I wondered if someone on the OL was tipping them off at the LoS.   But then, we I can predict the lousy crap we run, and I don't even remember a play from last year.... that's pretty bad imo.

Didn’t we run a fumble-rooskie play last year?

33 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We already knew this but our guy RG3 truly has no regard for his own ACL’s, huh? 

Are they even technically his anymore? I have to assume his insurance paid for both. Probably on loan or something? Idk but he sure doesn’t give a ****. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 1

6-8 weeks. Wow.....Heinicke has a chance to take the starting job and run with it and not give it back. Would be the best outcome, in my opinion. The alternative is he starts, wins us the giants game, then drops 5 straight, putting us at....1-6 after the packers game. by then, our season is completely lost. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1