Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

OBJ anyone?

I say yes. Because we need talent. If Ron Rivera is really this the son of military man (this point is way over stated by himself btw) that can control his players then he should be able to get production out of him. If he can't then Ron isn't the man for this job. 

If all Ron wants to do is tank, then Ron is not the man for this job. 

If Ron doesn't sign a disgruntled problematic player, from a team with superbowl aspirations, who cut him mid season, then Ron obviously wants to lose and should be fired? That's absolutely retarded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We can't make a run at OBJ.  Because we are the Daniel Snyder Redskins.  With a long history of chasing names, fantasy football style, to the detriment of the team.  We have a long way to go to remove that stigma. 

In the meantime, we are handcuffed because everyone in the organization is trying desperately to run away from that well-deserved reputation.  Just about any team in the league other than the Washington Football Team can take a flyer on the OBJ's of the world without judgement.

1 hour ago, Silvernon said:

Don't have a QB that can get OBJ the ball. They know that. 

You can’t use the “we’re putting pieces in place” line and then use not having a QB as an excuse to not put a piece in place

I’m in the **** it why not camp, I’m so bored of being so completely irrelevant that the potential issue of drama doesn’t bother me that much

Does he appear to be an idiot? Yes

Is he a talented player? Yes

Time for Ron to get some talent and earn his crust by managing the personality

Edited by DefinitelyMaybe

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd rather younger guys get PT than signing an asshole for half a season. 

Yeah but which ones none of them can see the field as even a no.2 so either they cant run routes or the coaches have given up on trying to get them the ball due to our qbs noodle arm....either way i wouldnt mind signing obj if he clears waivers on a one year deal

9 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Yeah but which ones none of them can see the field as even a no.2 so either they cant run routes or the coaches have given up on trying to get them the ball due to our qbs noodle arm....either way i wouldnt mind signing obj if he clears waivers on a one year deal

I guess you haven't really paid attention to the type of players we tend to bring in. We don't sign selfish assholes and bringing problematic personalities into a bad situation is a terrible idea. 

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I guess you haven't really paid attention to the type of players we tend to bring in. We don't sign selfish assholes and bringing problematic personalities into a bad situation is a terrible idea. 

I heard the same thing about djax before we signed him, sometimes players need a fresh start.

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I heard the same thing about djax before we signed him, sometimes players need a fresh start.

Problem with that theory is OBJ already had his fresh start and still proved to be a selfish ass in Cleveland.  A tiger doesn't change it's stripes.

49 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Problem with that theory is OBJ already had his fresh start and still proved to be a selfish ass in Cleveland.  A tiger doesn't change it's stripes.

Highly disagree with that.

Odell was certainly that guy in New York....he has proven to be almost subdued in Cleveland.  Any WR with his past success would have had a complete meltdown last year.  If he's available I think we have to take a shot.

Screw giving younger guys some reps....sign some guys who can play.  I guarantee if free agency rolled up next week we wouldn't have a shot at getting Odell.  Take him while we have a chance and hope we find a more consistent option at QB next year.  When in doubt, cut him and move on.  The upside is just too great for us to pass on.