Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, evmiii said:

This is solely civil court, nothing criminal alleged thus far.  This is all about money.  Deshaun has denied any wrongdoing and I don’t think this will deter any # of teams trading for Watson.  There are a bunch of guys on NFL teams today that are convicted criminals.  Watson has plenty of cash to pay these woman whose moral outrage can be satisfied with cash.  I doubt when everything is said and done he even gets suspended.  I don’t think Ron would be interested just because of the optics and the culture he is trying to install.  I think the Jets or the Dolphins would trade for him tomorrow.

Criminal charges don't matter, its the optics.

The NFL also does not need criminal charges to take action against their own, and at the very least we are getting to the point where we can expect something from the NFL offices in the future in the way of a suspension after this moves through future process. Lucky this is the offseason as there is no way they would let Watson step on the field under this kind of cloud.

Like I said, cant assume guilt so nothing happens until something is proven. Then your looking at the walls falling in. If nothing is proven, or this does not get worse and everyone settles, this will blow over.

In any case, due to the severity of these charges, I don't see any team giving up assets to bring him in before this is resolved. ala reuban foster If he is cut... maybe... but no way is a trade happening.

Any teams equivalent of Jason Wright would kill the lead football guy via open field hitstick the second they leave their office if such a move were to occur.

No team is giving up assets to risk their sponsors for a QB or anything. We didn't even risk our team name.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Those Giants / Golladay talks have been "heating up" for 3 days now. 

Someone should tell the Giants that taking too much time getting things hot can sometimes result in premature contractulation.

...so I've heard...never had that problem myself or course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On Golladay it feels to me like the Giants are the only team strongly hot for him and his agent is trying to drag it out some to give the vibe that there are other strong suitors.  Am guessing the Giants are nowhere near the 18.5 million a year that he supposedly is pushing for. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1