Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sounds like there is a chance Kerrigan returns here cheapish if he doesn't get a decent offer.

I hear nothing on Ryan Anderson as for a market for him thus far unless I missed something.

Kerrigan would be a good re-sign. Couple of seasons on low money. I’ll take that. 

• Like 2

I mean Hudson didn't really show much last year. He wasn't bad or anything, he just didn't really show out, besides sniffing out the fake punt in Dallas. I'm fine rolling with Holcomb, and I know we're in Nickel a lot so we really only need 2 LBs, but still, its such a black hole I can't imagine not addressing with more urgency.

Mark is basically saying what I'm wondering as well. Hudson was drafted in what, the 5th? They probably have high expectations for him going forward. Probably to replace KPL?

Currently, the WFT website depth chart has:

OLB: Holcomb

MLB: Bostic

OLB: ______, Hudson, Kunasyk

Literally have a blank under 1st team LB haha. Probably because that's where KPL was. Currently have a blank at CB1 opposite Fuller, assuming that's where Darby was (and hasn't been replaced yet).

So Hudson slides up to that starting spot opposite Holcomb?

Where does Mayo fit in that depth chart? Looks like MLB per ESPN ...

Here is the current depth chart laid out by ESPN. Assume it's fairly accurate, but obviously not as accurate as the team's depth chart (which is not updated with signings)

image.png.1c75471cb0e61ac8031ef85bf45f9904.png

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

KJ is an impact player IMO.  Leader too.  I think would fit the Rivera culture.  Age is the downside. 

I honestly completely forgot about KJ Wright. He's basically turned himself into Lavonte David lite, he would be a good signing. 

I wonder if the league views these low-end WR1's/high-end WR2 types as a dime-a-dozen now? I mean there are WR's on JuJu's level littered throughout the league. 900-1000 yards is nothing these days in this passing league. The draft seems to spit these guys out in the first 3 rounds like it's nothing these days. Once these guys start hitting that 1200+ yard mark on a consistent basis, that's a true #1. (Terry is obviously there if he didn't play with two high ankle sprains)

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've mentioned Walker before.  But I think KJ Wright, Eric Wilson, Goodson are all better.  So maybe they got an eye on one of them.  Wright IMO is the best prize left at that spot.

Yeah I think it is too early to write off the free agent LB market and say we are just going to draft someone to come in and start.  My guess is that they have been in contact with one or two of those prospects you listed and are simply holding the line on the contract price - similar to the way they handled the Samuel negotiations.  As others have mentioned leaving it completely for the draft is risky.  If a QB and a LT they like are on the board in the first couple of rounds I can't see them passing them up for a LB including Collins.  Fairly confident they are working on signing another LB before the draft but don't want to overpay.    

• Like 1