Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Bad day for them.  Good day for those who did not try to overturn an election.

Seems light. They should go with the punishment the insurrectionists wanted for others. I mean if they didn't build the gallows to hang themselves who did they build them for.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Pentagon Didn't Delay Aid to the Besieged Capitol on Jan. 6, Watchdog Says

The Pentagon responded appropriately and did not delay urgent requests for National Guard troops after pro-Trump rioters broke into the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, a Defense Department inspector general probe has found.

Former Defense Secretary Chris Miller and former Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy acted reasonably in "light of the circumstances that existed on that day" to deploy additional soldiers more than three hours after numerous calls for help poured in from D.C. and federal officials, according to the IG report released Tuesday.

The lack of National Guard reinforcements to the Capitol until the evening of Jan. 6 sparked widespread criticism and questions from Congress, which had been targeted in the historic breach of the U.S. seat of government.

In March, the commanding general of the D.C. Guard, Maj. Gen. William Walker, testified to the Senate that the Pentagon delayed unnecessarily in responding to a request for assistance from the overwhelmed U.S. Capitol Police, and kept help from arriving for hours when it could have arrived in minutes, according to The Associated Press.

Walker was among those interviewed for the review. But the IG found no evidence to support the claim.

"We also determined that DoD officials did not delay or obstruct the DoD's response" to the Capitol Police request for assistance on Jan. 6, according to the report.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Roger Stone and Alex Jones among five to receive Capitol attack subpoenas

The House select committee investigating the Capitol attack on Monday issued new subpoenas to five political operatives associated with Donald Trump, including Roger Stone and the far-right media star Alex Jones, as the panel deepens its inquiry into the “Save America” rally that preceded the 6 January insurrection.

The subpoenas demanding documents and testimony expand the select committee’s inquiry focused on the planning and financing of the rally at the Ellipse, by targeting operatives who appear to have had contacts with the Trump White House.

House investigators issued subpoenas to the veteran operatives Stone and Jones, Trump’s spokesperson Taylor Budowich, and the pro-Trump activists Dustin Stockton and his wife, Jennifer Lawrence.

The chairman of the select committee, Bennie Thompson, said the subpoenas aimed to uncover “who organized, planned, paid for, and received funds related to those events, as well as what communications organizers had with officials in the White House and Congress”.

Thompson said in the subpoena letter to Stone that he was being subpoenaed to explain why he had been invited to lead the march to the Capitol on 6 January from the rally at the Ellipse, but curiously did not ultimately attend the rally or go near the Capitol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, China said:

Ted Cruz Suddenly Denies Talking To Trump As The 1/6 Committee Closes In

On Sunday, Ted Cruz disputed detailed reporting about his conversations with Trump on  January 6th, as the 1/6 Committee is closing on Trump’s call logs.

It's not illegal for him to lie to the media. He needs to be subpoenaed and forced to lie to the committee. 

• Like 4

I don't have an issue with some of the mass of folks being charged with lesser crimes and being sentenced to lesser time, however the book should absolutely be thrown at whatever group(s) of people actually coordinated and planned to break into the capitol to "stop the steal" as their actual objective.  I can buy that a lot of the folks were just dummies caught up in the frenzy who meandered around after the breach happened, but anyone attacking officers to get to/in capitol does not fall under this category nor does anyone who was actively breaking down doors/windows/structures to get inside.  

• Like 2

Folks. As I understand it, there's a reason why it's tough to prosecute the Mob, for example. 

The analogy I heard was someone pointing out that "catching" Reagan telling Ollie North to do something illegal, might be really tough. He compared it to trying to convict The Godfather. 

He said that even if you had a complete recording of everything said in the room, your case still comes down to ....

Did The Godfather say "We got a problem in Detroit"?  Or did he say "We got a problem in Detroit. And in 8 days, I'm gonna be celebrating my niece's 8th birthday. And when I'm at that party, I don't want to have a problem in Detroit any more"?  

And while I'm certain that very few of the people in Trump's nimbus could have survived a week as a mob boss, I'm also pretty sure that Ted Cruz has a disposable underling who will do things like meet with the guy in the Grand Poobah hat and discuss where people will be, at what time, on this map, here. Since he was a county commissioner or whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, JCB said:

Put the boots to them all, especially those self-righteous ****s Cruz and Hawley. If we don't send the strongest of messages to the future, this will all keep falling apart.

Can you imagine Cruz or Hawley being put in jail?

It would result in some redneck version of Mein Kampf written in crayon. 

• Haha 1

Man charged with carrying loaded firearm to the Capitol on Jan. 6

An Indiana man charged with carrying a loaded firearm to the Capitol on Jan. 6 told investigators that if he had found Speaker Nancy Pelosi, “you’d be here for another reason,” according to court documents posted over the weekend.

Mark Mazza, 56, is the latest of about half a dozen Jan. 6 defendants charged with bringing a gun to the Capitol. In this case, Mazza allegedly carried a Taurus revolver known as “The Judge,” which is capable of firing shotgun shells — two of which were in the chamber, along with three hollow-point bullets. A Capitol Police sergeant obtained the weapon after allegedly fending off an assault from Mazza.

According to the charging documents in the case, two Capitol Police investigators visited Mazza at his home in Shelbyville, Ind., on March 29, and he admitted attending the Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally and later marched with the crowd to the Capitol. Camera footage shows Mazza present during the most intense hand-to-hand violence of the day in the Capitol’s lower West terrace tunnel.

“I thought Nan and I would hit it off,” Mazza told investigators as they prepared to finish their interview. “I was glad I didn’t because you’d be here for another reason and I told my kids that if they show up, I’m surrendering, nope they can have me, because I may go down a hero.”

• Thumb down 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:07 PM, China said:

Ted Cruz Suddenly Denies Talking To Trump As The 1/6 Committee Closes In

On Sunday, Ted Cruz disputed detailed reporting about his conversations with Trump on  January 6th, as the 1/6 Committee is closing on Trump’s call logs.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus