Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

12 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/special-counsel-probe-uncovers-new-details-trumps-inaction/story?id=106131854

Disgusting that it's very likely this dude is going to take the oath of office again.

Your long running posting of this constant assurance that this is inevitable is s little odd though I can understand it as being your (widely shared) revulsion at the idea and a powerful fear component.

I see the election will obviously be full of ugly and turmoil but that the equally obvious reality is trump and maga world will lose again which, after all, is a pattern that has had some real legs for years now.

Things will be fraught with angst during the campaign and actual voting days and even afterwords there will of course be lots of hairy governing issues with magas just as it is now.

But neither trump nor any other goper will win the election and their efforts to change that outcome will fail, though not without the turmoil I mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

27 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Things will be fraught with angst during the campaign and actual voting days and even afterwords there will of course be lots of hairy governing issues with magas just as it is now.

Jumbo, I think that's the most depressing aspect. Partisans did not like it when the other side won, but accepted the results. I think, thanks to Trump, we are going to forever have a large percentage of people now questioning the legitimacy of the presidential elections every four years, mainly from the GOP side. 

• Like 3

True believer.  Thank you CNN for doing this. Better way of talking about the insanity than not adding editorial comment.

Ray Epps was sentenced to probation and this just makes people more upset.  This news article indicates many people convicted of misdeameanor aren't serving jail time. 

https://www.courthousenews.com/ohio-based-insurrection-buds-handed-45-day-sentences/

Thought some news agency had a tally of J6 crimes and sentences.  Regardless, I bet he showed remorse and took responsibility for his actions.  This woman has been like "Gee...I dunno what I was doing.  Something just came over me."

• Like 1

Montana fire chief is charged in Jan. 6 riot and accused of spraying officers in the face

A fire chief in Montana was arrested Wednesday in connection with the Jan. 6 attack, accused of shooting chemical spray "directly into the face" of a Capitol Police officer and at the face of a Washington, D.C., police officer.

Frank Dahlquist — who was previously a firefighter in Washington state and advocated against vaccination mandates — faces numerous charges, including assault and obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder. He is the chief of West Valley Fire Rescue in Montana and was sworn into that role in November 2022.

Dahlquist was identified with the help of online sleuths — or "sedition hunters" — who have aided in the arrests of hundreds of Capitol rioters. They had dubbed him #GreyScaleSprayer, and they surfaced a high-quality photo of him from Jan. 6, 2021, that led to a facial recognition match to a 2022 news story featuring a video interview with Dahlquist.

The FBI also had two of Dahlquist's supervisors from his job in Washington identify him in August 2022, according to an FBI affidavit, and found that his cellphone number pinged in the vicinity of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Maryland elections board member resigns after indictment for participating in US Capitol rioting

A Republican member of the Maryland State Board of Elections has resigned after being arrested by the FBI this week on felony and misdemeanor charges for participating in rioting at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Carlos Ayala was arrested on Tuesday in Maryland, according to court records. He was charged with civil disorder, a felony, and related misdemeanor charges and released on personal recognizance.

Michael Summers, the chair of the state elections board, said in a statement Thursday he has accepted Ayala's immediate resignation.

James Trusty, a lawyer representing Ayala, declined to comment.

Ayala, of Salisbury, Maryland, was appointed to the board two years after the riot in 2023 by Gov. Wes Moore, a Democrat. Ayala was recommended to the governor by the Maryland Republican Party. He was confirmed by the Maryland Senate after the chamber rejected the previous nomination of another potential appointee.

Senate President Bill Ferguson described the arrest as “incredibly surprising and distressing.” The Baltimore Democrat said when he spoke to Ayala during the confirmation process “he certainly didn’t seem like someone that would have participated in such activities.”

“When democracy is under threat, we can’t make any assumptions,” Ferguson said. “Nothing is predetermined.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Another genius...

Pennsylvania man arrested for Jan. 6 riot, allegedly hung stolen Capitol sign in bar

(WHTM) – A Berks County man has been arrested in connection to the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol for allegedly entering the Capitol and stealing a police sign that was later hung up in a bar.

According to the Department of Justice, Ian MacBride of Douglassville with felony obstruction of an official proceeding and multiple misdemeanors, including disorderly conduct in a Capitol building and theft of government property for allegedly stealing an “Area Closed” sign that was later hung up at a bar.

As outlined by the Department of Justice, MacBride was identified in and around the Capitol building and “scaled the Northwest Stairs” around 2:17 p.m. Images appear to show MacBride entering the Capitol through the Senate Wind door at about 2:18 p.m., about five minutes after the initial breach.Court documents state that MacBride allegedly stole a U.S. Capitol Police sign that said “Area Closed” and then posted a picture on social media saying “Hung my Capitol battle flags and ill gotten ‘Area Closed’ sign up in my bar tonight.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pennsylvania-man-arrested-jan-6-153609109.html

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Another genius...

Pennsylvania man arrested for Jan. 6 riot, allegedly hung stolen Capitol sign in bar

(WHTM) – A Berks County man has been arrested in connection to the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol for allegedly entering the Capitol and stealing a police sign that was later hung up in a bar.

According to the Department of Justice, Ian MacBride of Douglassville with felony obstruction of an official proceeding and multiple misdemeanors, including disorderly conduct in a Capitol building and theft of government property for allegedly stealing an “Area Closed” sign that was later hung up at a bar.

As outlined by the Department of Justice, MacBride was identified in and around the Capitol building and “scaled the Northwest Stairs” around 2:17 p.m. Images appear to show MacBride entering the Capitol through the Senate Wind door at about 2:18 p.m., about five minutes after the initial breach.Court documents state that MacBride allegedly stole a U.S. Capitol Police sign that said “Area Closed” and then posted a picture on social media saying “Hung my Capitol battle flags and ill gotten ‘Area Closed’ sign up in my bar tonight.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pennsylvania-man-arrested-jan-6-153609109.html

CrimeSpree.gif.8c96d06e300c8612ca86296e1c18f141.gif

Gotta use this one again. 

• Haha 4

While back, I worked as a nurse in a jail. And I would have lots of patients who really wanted to tell me about their charges. Like I had some control over them or something. 

And many of them insisted on telling me how the cops had committed a crime, by arresting them. 

One of the more memorable ones insisted that the cop had arrested him without any probable cause. Because they had no physical evidence. All they had was the word of some woman who claimed that he stole her purse. 

And when the cops arrived, with the victim in the back of the car, and the victim pointed at him, that he had told the cops that he gave them permission to search his house, and they wouldn't find one single stolen thing in there. And the cops hadn't even searched his place

They just arrested him anyway, without any physical evidence. When all they had was the word of that one woman. And video of him in a convenience store, trying to use the stolen credit card. 

And the card had already been reported stolen. So the transaction didn't even go through. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

While back, I worked as a nurse in a jail. And I would have lots of patients who really wanted to tell me about their charges. Like I had some control over them or something. 

And many of them insisted on telling me how the cops had committed a crime, by arresting them. 

One of the more memorable ones insisted that the cop had arrested him without any probable cause. Because they had no physical evidence. All they had was the word of some woman who claimed that he stole her purse. 

And when the cops arrived, with the victim in the back of the car, and the victim pointed at him, that he had told the cops that he gave them permission to search his house, and they wouldn't find one single stolen thing in there. And the cops hadn't even searched his place

They just arrested him anyway, without any physical evidence. When all they had was the word of that one woman. And video of him in a convenience store, trying to use the stolen credit card. 

And the card had already been reported stolen. So the transaction didn't even go through. 

"If I couldn't even use the credit card, then is it really stolen?..."

giphy.gif

• Haha 2