Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

5 hours ago, tshile said:

I think a lot of you mistakenly use stupid for some of these people simply because you despise them. 

part of the reason trump didn’t do more is because he was bad at wielding the power he had. Others would do a better job 

I've long said that the thing that scares me most isn't necessarily Tя☭mp but a smarter version. Enter DeathSantis. You can do the math from there.

• Like 1

Some highlights lol...

"Trump then claims there are too many things wrong with the DoJ to address, so they aren’t gonna. Um. This is where you do that. In court. In pleadings. But they just want to address one thing. The June 3rd meeting. What is it with trump and June meetings? 3/"

"Here’s where they confess he possessed the documents. But he didn’t address how he actually owns them. Not to mention he doesn’t identify any documents he claims are privileged. Likely because he has no argument. Lulz. 4/"

"BUT WAIT! Here’s why they admit the documents they had were classified by agreeing that the special master should have a TS/SCI clearance. How they haven’t yet learned to just keep their mouths shut I’ll never know. 5/"

"Notably absent from this filing is Christina Bobb, who signed off on the certification that they did a rigorous search for weeks and have definitely totally handed over everything but no please don’t look in the boxes again. Where is she? Hopefully lawyering up. 6/"

"This zero-substance, all-grievance, no-relief clown law trashcan pleading is at best an insult to the court, and at worst, a full-throated confession to espionage, obstruction, and criminal concealment. They even reference federal criminal procedure in a civil case. 8/"

• Haha 9

18 hours ago, Forehead said:

I detest Ted Cruz for any number of reasons, but stupid isn't one.  You don't go Princeton -> Harvard Law being stupid.  He wasn't a legacy admission or anything.  He may be an asshole and every other thing out of his mouth may be a disingenuous argument, but stupid he is not.

This is the scariest thing about the modern GOP. Most of the leadership is very smart, they just play dumb (or stay relatively quiet) to win points. 

The mouth breathers in the lower ranks are pawns just as much as the voting base.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, China said:

I notice Christina Bobb (the lawyer that signed the false statement that all classified material had been handed over) is not one of the authors/signatories of the Trump team response.  Methinks she's no longer on the team and is busy searching for her own lawyer to defend her on obstruction charges.

Yeah I've been wondering what happened to her. She is facing serious legal issues for sure, you can't take back a document you signed that was a lie.  She has learned that when you get into bed with Donald Trump it rarely works out well for you,  Not an ounce of sympathy, she knew who he was.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

9 hours ago, China said:

Trump tells court that classified material should have been expected in presidential records found at Mar-a-Lago

Former President Donald Trump argued in a court filing Wednesday that the National Archives should have expected to find classified material among the 15 boxes Trump turned over in January from Mar-a-Lago because they were presidential records.

The filing, his closing written legal argument before a critical hearing Thursday, acknowledged that classified material was found at Mar-a-Lago, but argued that it should not have been cause for alarm -- and should not have led to the search of Trump's Florida residence earlier this month.

Trump's new filing on Wednesday is his platform to formally respond to prosecutors' assertions that members of his legal team engaged in "obstructive conduct" by concealing documents at his Florida resort and by providing untrue information to investigators about how many classified documents remained on site.

Painting the probe as politically charged given Trump's potential run as a candidate 2024, he scoffed at the idea that the DOJ could be "entrusted with the responsibility of evaluating its unjustified pursuit of criminalizing a former President's possession of personal and Presidential records in a secure setting."

"The purported justification for the initiation of this criminal probe was the alleged discovery of sensitive information contained within the 15 boxes of Presidential records," Trump's lawyers wrote. "But this 'discovery' was to be fully anticipated given the very nature of Presidential records. Simply put, the notion that Presidential records would contain sensitive information should have never been cause for alarm."

Trump's lawyers argue that under the Presidential Records Act, the Archives should have followed up with a good faith effort to secure recovery of presidential records, rather than referring a criminal probe to the Justice Department.

Click on the link for the full article

Trump and his lawyers must live in an alternate universe, as their statements have no basis in reality.

You can read the full Trump team response HERE

John Solomon: "Here's a letter from the National Archives that proves that they made multiple attempts to get Trump and his people to hand over these classified documents and that Trump wouldn't do it. I somehow think releasing this is good for Trump, please don't ask me why. I love lamp. Hodor."

Trump legal team: "The National Archives didn't follow up to try and get the documents!"

What a complete clown show.

• Haha 6

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alina-habba-trump-office_n_63101aace4b0da54bae59a98

An attorney for former President Donald Trump seemed to admit that the highly sensitive documents seized from Mar-a-Lago when the FBI executed a search warrant last month weren’t kept in the most secure of settings.

In fact, Alina Habba said on Fox News on Wednesday that the files were kept in an office where Trump “frequently” had guests.

An attorney for former President Donald Trump seemed to admit that the highly sensitive documents seized from Mar-a-Lago when the FBI executed a search warrant last month weren’t kept in the most secure of settings.

In fact, Alina Habba said on Fox News on Wednesday that the files were kept in an office where Trump “frequently” had guests.

“I do have firsthand knowledge, as you know. I have been down there, I’m down there frequently,” Habba told Sean Hannity. “I have never seen that. I have never, ever seen that. That is not the way his office looks. Anybody that knows President Trump’s office, he has guests frequently there, it’s just a joke.”

200.gif

• Haha 4

Michael Cohen believes Trump is likely keeping copies of top-secret documents at his children's homes, Bedminster, and Trump Tower

Michael Cohen, who was once former President Donald Trump's lawyer, believes Trump likely has copies of the classified documents the FBI seized from Mar-a-Lago stashed in other locations. 

Cohen was reacting on Twitter to an article from The Washington Post on the Department of Justice's recent court filing, in which the DOJ suggested that Trump's team may have concealed or moved top-secret files when officials were probing the matter.

"I believe Trump has copies, potentially other documents as well, at other locations including his children's homes, Weisselberg's florida home, Bedminster, NJ golf course, Fifth Avenue apartment, etc…" Cohen tweeted.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Cipollone, Philbin expected to appear Friday before federal grand jury probing Jan. 6: Sources

Two former top Trump White House lawyers are expected to appear Friday before a federal grand jury investigating the events surrounding Jan. 6, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Former White House counsel Pat Cipollone and former deputy White House counsel Pat Philbin were subpoenaed by a federal grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol and efforts to overturn the 2020 election, ABC News reported last month.

The move to subpoena the two men has signaled an even more dramatic escalation in the Justice Department's investigation into the Jan. 6 attack than previously known. Members of former Vice President Mike Pence's staff have also appeared before a grand jury.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

She has learned that when you get into bed with Donald Trump it rarely works out well for you,  Not an ounce of sympathy, she knew who he was.  

This is the single-most mind-boggling thing to me about those that sign on to help DJT. Like they haven't seen ALL the people before them get fired, jailed, slandered, stiffed or all of the above. Yet they still line up with hands raised to do his illegal bidding. Even if you worship the man, you'd better do that from far, far away or you're GOING DOWN and he'll help push your head under water when he's done with you. In a week he'll be blaming her for everything while he calls her useless and stupid... and he'll be right about the stupid.

Insane. I'll never understand it. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Judge Keeps Door Open to Special Master in Trump Documents Inquiry

A federal judge signaled on Thursday that she remained open to granting former President Donald J. Trump’s request to appoint an independent arbiter to go through documents the F.B.I. seized from him last month, but stopped short of making a final decision.

After a nearly two-hour hearing, the judge, Aileen M. Cannon of the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida, reserved judgment on the question of whether to appoint a so-called special master in the case, saying she would issue a written order “in due course.”

Notably, Judge Cannon did not direct the F.B.I. to stop working with the files, which the Justice Department has said have already undergone a preliminary review by law enforcement officials.

Judge Cannon, who was appointed by Mr. Trump in 2020, also indicated that she would unseal a more detailed list of the documents the F.B.I. took during its Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s private club and residence in Florida. She had earlier ordered the Justice Department to provide the list to Mr. Trump’s legal team at its request. It was not clear when it would become public.

During the hearing, Judge Cannon pressed the government to explain what harm could come from appointing a special master.

Jay I. Bratt, the head of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section, told her that a special master could slow down an assessment of the risk and damage to national security being conducted by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence — as well as an assessment of whether the seized documents contain the sort of national security secrets whose unauthorized retention is a crime under the Espionage Act.

“We are dealing with over 300 records here” that had classification markings on them, Mr. Bratt said. “That process has begun. That process needs to continue.”

But Judge Cannon appeared to suggest that if she did appoint a special master, she would do so in a way that would not hinder the security risk assessment.

The judge also left unclear whether she would limit the scope of any special master’s work to setting aside a small number of documents that may be subject to attorney-client privilege.

The F.B.I. has said it has already identified and set aside about 60 of such documents, suggesting that a special master focused on that topic would not disrupt the Justice Department’s inquiry.

5 hours ago, China said:

Michael Cohen believes Trump is likely keeping copies of top-secret documents at his children's homes, Bedminster, and Trump Tower

Michael Cohen, who was once former President Donald Trump's lawyer, believes Trump likely has copies of the classified documents the FBI seized from Mar-a-Lago stashed in other locations. 

Cohen was reacting on Twitter to an article from The Washington Post on the Department of Justice's recent court filing, in which the DOJ suggested that Trump's team may have concealed or moved top-secret files when officials were probing the matter.

"I believe Trump has copies, potentially other documents as well, at other locations including his children's homes, Weisselberg's florida home, Bedminster, NJ golf course, Fifth Avenue apartment, etc…" Cohen tweeted.

I said he probably did at Bedminister. Are his kids that dumb. Time to raid the entire Trump family.   I hear Saudi Arabia is running a special on executions. The entire Trump clan could be guilty of treason.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I said he probably did at Bedminister. Are his kids that dumb. Time to raid the entire Trump family.   I hear Saudi Arabia is running a special on executions. The entire Trump clan could be guilty of treason.

I agree. Any Trump property in that family should be searched. MAL isn't the only location that Klan has traveled to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is how numb we’ve become.  A former President, indebted to foreign countries, is caught dead to rights with possessing TS/SCI material at his residence. Indictments to come. This story about Newt should be a blockbuster, but it won’t get the attention it deserves.  These are wild allegations. 

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2