Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

That has nothing to do with what you said.  I mean, you're not even explaining why the population decline is happening.  Again, it's just a talking point.

The people I know who live there complain about the cost of living the most.     Homelessness is mentioned as well.   

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Are you seriously suggesting population decline is exclusive to California? 🤣

Not like it's happening globally or anything. 🤪

Not only that, he’s suggesting that it’s only happening because California is *checks notes* crumbling

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

The people I know who live there complain about the cost of living the most.     Homelessness is mentioned as well.   

So you have no personal experience.  How predictable.  I live there, I could just as easily tell you that while those are problems that exist, this is still a very pleasant and livable state.  You're picking and choosing what you want to believe to confirm your biases.  If the "California is a liberal hellhole" trope hadn't existed for decades preceding the recent population loss, maybe more people would be inclined to believe you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If it’s Trump vs Biden; there really is an opening for 3rd party/Independent candidate like there was Ross Perot 

Perot got 19 percent of the national vote against a sitting president who had widespread service in GHWB and against probably the best natural politician in our lifetime in WJC. And Perot actually dropped out of the race for a significant amount of time

In 2016, running against two ****balls in DJT and HRC, the third party candidates got, what, 5 percent of the vote combined?

Child please

The only way a third party gets a big share of the vote in 24 is if DJT threatens an independent run if the GOP doesn't nominate him

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

actually, with a few exceptions, yes he can..

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/08/trump-fbi-raid-classified-nuclear-documents/671119/

now nuke stuff is one of the few exceptions, but my point is that beyond those exceptions yes the president can declassify things as he sees fit. 

There are exceptions to what the president can declassify. 

spies and aspects of nuclear secrets are part of those exceptions 

the link I just posted goes into it. 

Your mistake is thinking that laws actually matter, when Trump says he did something. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Recovering_Spaz said:

image.png.42c98471e8a4698703ef5125b82b4f01.png

Remembering a scene from one of the James Bond books. 

Bond and M are being briefed by some government wonk, about something that Earnst Blofeld is doing. And the wonk is saying that the two are reaching, to find evil intent. 

Wonk:  You two are acting like the man stole a nuclear weapon. 

M:  He did, once. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

There is no line that is too far with these people. It really feels like this country is completely ****ed.

The associated tweets to this dip****:

”why did it take 18 months to recover the documents?”

So, within a week, it’s gone:

1. This is a fishing expedition.

2.  They planted documents

3. well Barack Husain Obama did it

4.  Why did it take so long to take him down?

These people are pathetic.  Imagine dedicating your life to such a fraud.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

There is no line that is too far with these people. It really feels like this country is completely ****ed.

And this is along the lines of right-wing hack Kim Strassel's column in today's WSJ which said that the FBI raid may help Trump win a second presidential term, one in which he would be more unleashed than his first term and that the number of adults in a second DJT Administration would be significantly fewer than there were than at the start of Trump's first presidency, when at least you had folks like Mattis and Tillerson there.

If other 2024 GOP hopefuls share this mindset, its even more reason why they'll choose to run. Does Ron DeSantis think a second Trump term will help the GOP's chances in 2028 against a Democratic field which by then will be signficantly more dynamic than an octogenerian in Biden like we have now?

But you'll be surprised by how many folks don't realize that Trump will be a lame duck if reelected in 2024. I work with a guy who is pretty book smart and he said that, "yeah, if Trump wins in 2024 and then decides to run again in '28." I looked at him like he had three eyes and said "uh, no." He honestly had no idea....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

it gets even weirded when it’s friends and family 

cause it’s like … really?

I almost feel like January 6th again where it’s like - whatever comes out of your mouth reveals you and can’t be taken back

so they keep their mouth shut and I don’t say anything. Just wait. 

of the people I’m thinking of, close people, don’t think we’ve discussed 1/6 yet. Wondering how this will go.